LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HandOfFate

HandOfFate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I binged read this up the latest chapter over the past few weeks.
    the harem seems to be in full swing now, weird how when its not solo time with the MC, all the characters kind of go into chibi comedy mode.

I saw a few mentions of Martial God, I know its also written by the same author, what's the connection? Was Martial God a residential of 'Paradise'

2. kaisis

kaisis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC of Memorize who one-shotted the Parasite Queen as he was passing by. Has no connection to Paradise as it just happens to be the world that the Parasite Queen managed to devour its Gods to heal her wounds after getting btfo by the Martial God.

3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was she even a major-ish character there or was she truly just some random fodder? Since you make it sound like the latter, that the MC just happened upon her in passing and oneshotted her.

4. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she should be the last boss iirc. its just she got f*cked up hard, reaally hard by that novel MC and his party member in a short fight.
    enough to make the queen suffers a trauma and become paranoid
    (always checking the stars and crush possible threats as fast as possible) on this one

5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was cool to see a more thoughtful side of hugo for a chapter before he goes back to stuffing his weapon in his pants

6. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hugo got frustrated at being the only non-notable character in the team’s upper echelons, heh.

Considering mana is used to achieve superhuman feats, I wonder what that means for Hugo’s development path as a Barbarian Warrior. Is it just easier for him to develop his physique to superhuman levels or does he have a better conversion rate between his mana to his strength?

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  7. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bout damn time we address the issue that Seol has absolutely no combat techniques. He's been powering through with just his mana.

Now mind you I don't like the thinking of if you're relying on mana you should just be a wizard. That's pretty narrow minded thinking only because I think just relying on mana as a wizard is pretty narrow minded thinking. Seol needs to first learn basic combat techniques/feints/combat flow, then incorporate his mana into that. Now maybe it's a restriction of Paradise and how the Gods bestow power, but why couldn't Seol also learn some spells that complement his techniques? I mean he's got the spare mana, it should be doable. Something equivalent of a Flash step, or making it looks like he doubles, or just increasing his straight line movement speed.

tkato likes this.
  8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s exactly Maldong’s point, though. The point of his job path is that he’s focusing on being a Warrior while not letting his high mana go to waste. The thing is, though, he’s a mediocre Warrior. He’s mastered the 3 basic techniques of spearmanship, sure, but he doesn’t know how to use them well. His mana lets him brute force things by powering up his attacks, but it’s nonsensical for him to fight that way even up to his current tier. Even Hugo, whose class Barbarian Warrior suggests that he primarily relies on brute strength, stated that Seon’s skills as a Warrior were way too simple. Now that’s something to consider. If Seon was only going to use his mana to make up for his flaws, he’d be way more effective as a Magician. Hence why Maldong was essentially trying to tell him through Hugo what it is you just stated here; to learn how to fight better.

The class system was meant to make it easier for Earthlings to learn these skills and make rapid progress. There’s nothing stopping Seon from learning spells, but the thing is, if it was that easy to pick up, everyone would be learning magic. Buying skills with skill points gives them an understanding of the skill they purchased, and from there, they should be able to further develop it on their own. But crossing that initial threshold is the hardest step, since they have no feel for it at all.

That’s why Seon was told to save his points from early on and to learn as much as he could on his own before relying on points to learn skills or increase his stats. Magic is pretty much the highest hurdle since no Earthling would actually know how to use magic as a newbie, so they’d inevitably be forced to use points already to learn right from the beginning. Just like how Seon didn’t automatically know any spear skills when he became a Mana Spearman. He could have used his points to learn, sure, but instead he learned on his own. Warriors have the lowest skill floor among the 4 basic jobs, pretty much, but that also means they get to save on points the most wary on. The more esoteric a skill is, the harder it would be to even learn its most rudimentary form in the first place. Seon just doesn’t have the time for that. Why waste a lot of time studying something that may not even bear fruit for a long time when he can make more rapid progress in developing his martial skills?

jolly-crow likes this.
  9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just curious but why do you call Seol Seon? also i think a lot of earthlings cant use magic because they dont have a lot of mana since they're from earth right? thats why the gods felt it was a waste for seol to choose the most basic class of warrior when he had so much potential as a mage

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Autocorrect keeps tripping me up. I typed his name as Seol before, and now Seon gets changed to Seol every now and again without me noticing.

Yes, Magicians are rare, but rather than high mana being required to become one, it’s more that the gods assign the class best suited for them. One can only assume, in the absence of the ability to measure how high one’s mana level is, that there were humans in Paradise who studied to become mages and ended up being rather mediocre due to low mana levels. Perhaps they went ahead with studying to become magicians anyway since that’d at least be better than becoming a common foot soldier, who knows.

At any rate, Earth simply did not have the means for people to make use of their high magic levels. It was only upon arriving at Paradise that that aspect of themselves finally gained a use. Who knows how Paradise compares, especially since we’ve only seen one native Magician from there, but that’s also after humanity had deteriorated and lost so much to the Parasite Queen. I’d at least say the environment would mean more people are born with higher mana levels compared to Earth, anyway.

11. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally a very rare instance of Hugo showing he doesn’t just have a image gallery of pretty women in his head I’m so proud:blobsneeze:

Shield Loyalist and lunarshadow like this.
  12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter~

Ah, sword (spear) qi at last. Since Maldong is saying he’s getting these skills early for some reason, I wonder if that means he’ll unlock a Reinforced Sword Qi (which is supposed to be a level 8 skill) earlier as well?

13. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kind of curious that since he's getting these skills early, what skills is he not getting at all that a normal spearman would get? Or is it because he's extra special and being spoiled by Gula he has access to more total skills than anyone else?

14. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he has more skills than other people due to his mana. Given his high mana it is possible he can learn skills that need it earlier than others, as they would need to raise their levels and theoretically use attribute points to reach the amount of mana he had from day one.

15. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant believe hugo has more than just smelly armpit and deadly fart XD
    the new chapter has enlightened me

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter.

This chapter does bring up a good point. What exactly was his past self’s class at the beginning? If I remember right, when he regained his Nine Eyes ability because of his future emotions being sent to him, his body awakened to different mana pathways. Did that mean his Mana level wasn’t at Intermediate before and he was forced to become a regular Warrior? That seems like the case, otherwise past Seon would have just become a Magician. I wonder if past Seon ever reawakened his Nine Eyes.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so how long has Seol been in paradise? 3 months for the neutral zone iirc, 3 months for this training, 3 months from the war recovery, and then the first training with maldong and escaping the parasites which i dont remember. whats the earth to paradise time conversion again?

18. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 to 3 and it’s almost been a year outside paradise should be around February I think

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so we might be coming up on the neutral zone arc right away then. also wonder if it'll ever explain how earthlings don't age as fast in paradise or if the author is just going to ignore it because any explanation would probably be flawed and upset scientist lol

20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well honestly there's not much to explain. Paradise goes at 3x time rate of Earth and the Parasite queen has been on the world less than 15 Paradisian years. So that's less than 5 years on Earth. Not enough time to notice anything