LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time Seol's body was directly damaged by mana was when Black Seol took over in the valley war and reversed his mana flow, while also utilizing many awakening skills.

The issue with his mana was like other people had pointed out was his over dependence on it, something along the mindset of "If I just keep pouring mana in it will eventually work out"

Now that his techniques are trained up, and he's about to level his body to a fairly equal level too, I think Seol's finished his endgame prep, or is pretty close to it at least.

2. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 108
    "Right, it does.” Seol Jihu agreed right away. “But the way you said ‘freakishly high’ makes it sound like it’s a bad thing.”
    “Isn’t that obvious?” Jang Maldong chuckled and then crossed his arms. “Your mana might flow through your Circuit, but it’s your body that is influenced by the mana’s amplifying effect. Once or twice might be okay, but in the long term, it will have a negative effect on your body.”
    “What do you mean by negative effect…?”
    “Hmph, since you recklessly overwork your body all the time, you should have experienced it already…. A constant throbbing of the head, a sudden knot in your stomach, regular dizziness, or a sudden loss of strength…. Do any of these ring a bell?”

EmptyBox likes this.
  3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there you go folks. His Circuit are like muscles for his Mana. It won't do good if it's overworked by burst usage.

4. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t believe so many people don’t remember that time when jang maldong directly told Seol about the issues with his mana in the early days hahaha:blobjoy:

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a feel like we may have gotten a hint about Yuhui's past in this chapter. it also looks like the ambush is super underwhelming if there are no parasite army commanders there. i mean i get the overwhelm them with numbers line of thought, but it still seems optimistic since the priest should know Yuhui doesnt trust him.

6. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This happened before the battle at the valley when Jihu raised his mana to High (High) and he has been relying on mana all this time without those side effects so I truly didn't remember about it.

7. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, he didn't have those side effects anymore because he already had a short term solution after the first training with Jang Maldong, where he made Seol break his habit of going 100% with every mana-based attack/action he did, which drastically reduced the stress it had on his body and basically solved the issue as long as he didn't try to utilise his mana beyond what his body could handle again. (which he only did against Undying Diligence for obvious reasons)

Also on another note:

As this was Eun Yuri’s first expedition, Seol Jihu handed her something that he specially prepared for her.
    Eun Yuri looked down at a pair of ‘silver’ chopsticks and a ‘glass’ cup.

Prankster Seol at it again with his teasing this chapter:blobpopcorn:

Shield Loyalist and lunarshadow like this.
  8. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really get what Jihus plan was.
    Fooling the Bishop so that he sets Jihu a trap. Giving the Bishop Rotschaers Holy artifacts so that the parasite Queen can recover some of her powers and after that going to the trap that was set up for him to kill some people.
    I especially don't understand why he gave the holy artifacts. Why did he just not tell him about them or just made an excuse like 'I will tell you after I get my things' ? The Bishop would trust him even without it and these are one of the strongest holy artifacts in paradise which will help the parasites a lot.

9. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    How would the Parasite Queen recover her power with those? She can't handle holy power, it has anti-evil properties. The most the Parasites can do is seal it away, not use them, and that is assuming the Parasites have the artifacts, not the Bishop's guys. Also the whole point of that lie was to confirm to the Bishop that Jihu indeed used up Moira's Souvenir against Raging Temperance and Yuhui's situation is basically hopeless since in that narrative the artifacts were his backup plan.

Also, giving the fact that the whole theme of Jihu's plan is a "mockumentary", what he set up around the place is probably transmissions crystals so he can relay in real time the trap and most likely the Bishop revealing he is a traitor, by either showing up to grab Yuhui himself or watching by the sidelines (since the things Jihu buried seems to be all over the place).

10. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that he didn't had them, but we weren't told about it until that point (in which Jihu confirmed them too)

Would you be happy if the author tells you every time a character poops?

Even I sometimes confuse Holy Power with Divinity because they both come from Gods. XD

Ahhh, I should've seen that they'll use the same trick they did against the second Evangeline guild leader.

make it grand this time by connecting multiple of them to different parts of Paradise, courtesy of Phillip Muller and his Magician Guild

11. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone with advanced tier tell me how long this arc will last? I want to save up chapters until this arc ends.

12. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    What a stupid comparison. Whether a character poops or not is irrelevant to the story. The MC suffering from side effects every time he uses his abilities and potentially harming his own body while doing so is not.

13. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an adequate comparison. The symptoms mentioned are trivial until Jang Maldong pointed out the underlying condition.

Nine out of ten if you read it before Jang Maldong said it you'll just assume that Seol is tired or something, not because he's not using his Circuit properly.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn this feels like the ultimate cliff hanger in the story so far for me, i cant wait to read more of this arc. even though they should never have expected Seol to be as strong as he currently is i still cant believe they thought itd be that easy and hed be that naive despite his current position. either way though they did the typical bad guy monologue before they kill the good guys and reveal their whole plan like an idiot so now they know several organizations were involved. and they threatened to rape Yuhui so we already know Seol is about to go to another level like he did during his first night in Eva.

15. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im riding the hype train on this one,

16. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I should stock up the chapters because of the cliffhanger that comes almost every chapter, but damn I can't stop reading.

That aside, purge! purge! purge!
    I'm also a bit confused about Berserk skill's description... does this skill make the user angry without losing sanity?

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  17. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    We are talking about something that could've potentially put the MC's life in danger in the long run and you come and says that those side effects are just as trivial as pooping so the author doesn't need to mention it. How the hell I supposed to know that he is in danger, then?

I think you have been misunderstanding something. All I said is that I forgot that relying too much on mana was harmful to his body because I don't remember the author mentioning that as often as he does with the lack of balance between mind, technique, and body. Jihu's reliance on mana wasn't solved until a few chapters ago, but the fact that relying on it was endangering his life wasn't being mentioned at all. @Kii then explained that Jihu wasn't suffering from those side effects anymore thanks to master Jang training.

18. Commentator

Commentator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler please. what will happen to bishop?

19. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Eh no. I said that Seol got what I called a short term solution because Jang maldong taught Seol not to just use 100% of his mana everytime. The side effects were still very present inside him up till valley war, and even for a few arcs after that.

The only thing is the one requirement that causes the side effect, him overloading himself with mana, is effectively being consciously prevented by seol. There was even a small portion about this fragile balance as a result of this solution breaking when seol had directly increased his mana when going against Undying Diligence.

after that when he woke up his stats were all scuffed af so it didn’t matter about balance and whatnot and it was mostly recovery, plus there wasn’t a battle after that which forced him to overload himself like before till he managed to achieve proper balance in his body as of current chapter

I probably didn’t word/phrase this properly in my previous comment so just elaborating it here.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    EmptyBox likes this.
  20. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I change the name I wanted to call the mockumentary to:
    Die Hard Cliffhanger, Die hard!

Shield Loyalist likes this.