LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww look at Gula trolling PQ and fanboiing Seol at the same time.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  2. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it was the MEMORIZE MC “trolling” the PQ there, wasn’t it.

EDIT: Nah, rereading it, you’re right, it was Gula.

3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I’ve been waiting for, man I loved this chapter and I’m probably gonna feel that way about the next few as well

4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that shock includes the fact that there's no 'Mana' in the name. :blobowoevil:

And Seol being very brutal by saying this later...

"So if you understand that, then come, Pinnacle-Rank Mana Swordsman.”

edit:
    So I was reading through the wiki and I noticed that Yun Seohui's Status says Dead twice instead Deceased (like other's). Whoever you are who did this, thank you for making me cheer up!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    lunarshadow and Haitaka like this.
  5. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets not forget that since Seol cleared the trial Gula set for him then that means Agnes probably cleared her Executor trial as well, since it was to assist Seol in achieving his goal

6. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye. Now all he has to do is beat the big boss.

7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got a new ability to set someone as a “Servant” now too, like Agnes was for Cinzia. Assuming he can only set 1, I’m betting on either Phi Sora or Chohong as his picks.

8. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about those too as well but I think Yuri is much more likely, gotta give his powerhouse even more power lol

9. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Yuri or Kim Hannah, but probably Yuri. I say that because a Servant also kinda works like an assistant, and I don't see Phi Sora and specially not Chohong working well with deskwork and management in general, at least compared to Yuri and Hannah (though Phi Sora has experience as a team leader). And I think Yuri wins over Hannah simply because she is more powerful and will fore sure gain more levels, which will be hard for Hannah as someone that always stays in the background doing intelligence work.

10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going to lie, I kind of relate with SS. Not the sexual part, but the unfairness of the overall situation and how it all resulted to him defecting to the enemy. SS now deserves to die, but the SS before didn't deserve that kind of betrayal. I find it unfair for "Earthlings" wanting him to act like some ascetic or saint, when shit, they're no different from him. Hell, they didn't even give a shit about his mother, except a very few, his former comrades. She was the real innocent. SY and SY were two-faced about he got his karma, when those who wronged him verily deserved it. Indeed, the difference between SS and SJ is what mad SS turn on humanity after repeatedly being betrayed by them. Power. Like it or not, SS did not have power and SJ had it in the form of Nine Eyes. Even then, BSJ had a "second chance" due to Nine Eyes unlike SS. Neither of them are saints or good people. They virtually the same, but the core difference is, SS had no true friends or advisors, and SJ was fed the silver spoon on becoming that "righteous guy". I pity you, Sung Shihyun. You are the product of the humanity's failure and evilness.

11. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can feel sympathy for him, which is fair.

Personally I don't since he was a product of his own hubris.
    The difference between Seol and Sung is their personalities. They had similar powers, followed similar paths, and had allies around them. The real difference between them is how they treated people. Sung treated Yeonhwa and Yuhui like shit, and murdered people because they pissed him off. Anyone that Seol killed was actively harming other people, he never killed anyone for himself (You could argue the slave market guy, but Seol only went berserk after he thought he killed the fairy child). Seol definitely isn't a saint, but the difference between him and Sung is that Seol is a good person at his core.

I feel sympathy for villains a lot of the time, especially if they are well written, but with this I don't feely anything for Sung. Probably because at his core, Sung was a horrible person.

12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, at this point, Chohong should probably be level 6, and Agnes was strong enough to fight beside Cinzia as a Unique Ranker Servant. Seo Yuhui has her offense and defense skills, but she’s pretty much a support. I’d say spreading the power more rather than concentrating it on those who can already survive and fight toe to toe against an Army Commander on their own would be more beneficial, especially since Seol can already overwhelm the remaining Army Commanders all on his own and the next action after this is probably humanity and the Federation launching an invasion against the PQ. Spread the power around, right?

Eun Yuri is also a good candidate, come to think of it. She can already achieve so much beyond her level, so giving a boost in raw power sounds good (though I’m not sure on the specific bonuses becoming a Servant gives, I would think it’d be combat-related). I definitely don’t think Kim Hannah will be chosen, though. Her class is a non-combat role.

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can’t really fault Sung for killing the assassins or the groups associated with them (that was Seol’s initial plan to for his assassins, and he only changed his mind after he was convinced it was better to conserve humanity’s strength as much as possible), though. Not even for the torture. Quite a few of Seol’s companions condone torture, Hugo, Chohong, and Kim Hannah were all for it and the rest were pretty much indifferent. That wasn’t even just for the Eva orgs, they were gonna do it to the hired thugs that tried to throw dirt on Seol’s rep too. That said, they’re Haramark Earthlings, so I suppose Chohong and Hugo are desensitized to violence, unlike Sung’s companions who were probably part of the organizations who reaffirmed their relationship with the royals with Sinyoung at the head.

The real difference between Seol and Sung is that Seol learned to compromise, at least temporarily so that maneuver into a better position, thanks to Kim Hannah and Hao Win. Of course Sung’s personality rubbed people the wrong way, but he did genuinely fight hard and risk his life for Paradise despite his selfish motives; he definitely had people who supported him, even if it wasn’t heartfelt support like the kind Seol has received from allies like Teresa. Even if he drove away his allies for being too cruel, he would have still been fine if he hadn’t started throwing tantrums whenever he was displeased or resorting to physical violence on his own allies, even if he disliked them.

It was all very well good if he treated his enemies terribly, but his downfall was really caused by how he treated his allies like crap as well. Not that they’re faultless, but he undermined himself. Seol’s Golden Rule applies here, really. Even if his allies and Sinyoung were at fault, he was too extreme in his treatment of them, and of course that was due to his own self-centered personality, but those traits of his, rather than being the exact cause for his downfall, just inclined him to fall that way after piling on mistake after mistake over one another.

14. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I get SS, but I think defecting was 100% the wrong move. He could have very well just stormed SY and killed/tortured everyone he thought had a finger on his mother's death and I am sure something would have come up. That would have been better than defecting since he knew not every Earthling was the same as those guys. As Seol said, the moment he hurt innocent people is when he lost any rights on revenge that he might have had. I pity him, but I also don't. He was strong enough to fuck with anyone he wanted, he said he was stronger than Baek and he was still at level 7 while she is level 8. Who knows, maybe if he indeed fucked SY and the others up, he might even get contributions points enough to get to level 8, or get a Divine Wish to maybe resurrect his mother (don't know if this is possible since she was from Earth). Imagine how scared the organizations in Paradise would be if he destroyed SY by himself. They might even have proactively given him help getting rid of the people that wronged him, as it happened with SY and Roe. Either way, defecting was a bad move on his part, even if understandable, and now he is paying for it. As Seol also said, the moment he decided to destroy a fucked up world instead of changing it is when he became completely in the wrong.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Shield Loyalist and Haitaka like this.
  15. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only fault I'm finding with Sung is his personality. He became the reason for his own downfall.

Horrible things happen to people everyday, but its what you do with those events that decides who you are. Sung just showed that both inside and out he was rotten to his core with only his mother kinda keeping his humanity.

Seol has his own bag of worms, but we know all the suffering he has gone through and how he has come out of it a good person still. Its why Seol is the MC and Sung is not. Character

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That first paragraph is what I said. His personality inclined him towards making certain decisions, but as we’ve seen with Seol, a person can change themselves if they’re really intent on changing. Seol started the novel weak-willed, but now he’s become the determinator.

All I’m saying is, Sung's character flaws aren’t the direct cause for why he messed up so bad. He still made a conscious decision to give in to them, but everyone has the ability to rise up above their flaws. Seol definitely wasn’t a good person when he started out in the story. He chose to change. Sung didn’t. At least, not for the better.

Saying Sung was “rotten to the core” is disingenuous not only to him but to Seol as well. He was no worse than any normal person before his turn for the worst. He changed for the worst because of the constant harassment that went on for years, as none of his actions even back then like beating up the people who tried to snipe him or making a visit to a news company to complain about what they printed about him was anything beyond what any other person in Paradise would do. Of course, we know it was a concentrated effort from the traitors to demoralize and destroy “heroes”. He became unhinged from that, but before that point, he was reliable, if not tolerable. He was by no means an irredeemably evil person. But he had no patience for the people trying to bring him down, and responding to them with force and seeing how it “fixed” his problems incentivized him to continue acting that way.

17. Pyushis

Pyushis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man you guys are discussing some deep stuff right now but here i am still figuring out who “banana” is.

to be honest the Golden Commandment is one of the main differences between Seol and Sung. Both have shitty pasts and problems but at their core, one is rotten while the other tries not to be. Sung has a shitty past but his behaviour sucked so much that my sympathy stopped at feeling sorry his mom

Shield Loyalist and Haitaka like this.
  18. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    With this one I think I know what you're thought process is, so let me explain mine a bit.

With Sung's flash back we saw his viewpoint about the issues he went through. The flashbacks had to go back to 2014 to show him being somewhat of a kind person. This makes it about 12 years ago in Paradise time. That is a long period of time, but for him to even have a memory of himself doing a kind thing it had to go back that far, which is a sad thing.

Yeonhwa and Yuhui both told him to not worry about the slander and to ignore it, but the thing about Sung is he is obsessed with his self image so the constant hits to his ego eventually got to him and he decided to give into them. The thing is no "normal" person decides to fully give into the harmful rumors about them, especially when it involves murdering people. Don't forget, that was before he turned over to the Parasites.

I'm not saying he didn't have redeemable qualities, but every single person that met him said his only redeemable quality was his strength, which even his former allies who knew him beyond the rumors said.

Seol wasn't a good person when we met him. The difference between Seol and Sung though is that Seol was a kind person at his core while Sung wasn't. Sung expected the world, and when he didn't receive it he went on a rampage before finally joining the Parasite Queen.

Now did Future Vision and Nine-Eyes help shape Seol into who he is? My honest answer is no. Black Seol had neither, and besides being a dick to everyone who wasn't Yeonhwa and sometimes Yuhui, he still fought and cared for people, unlike Sung who only cared about himself from the beginning.

So yeah, Sung was rotten to his core, at least in my opinion. Sorry for the wall, had more to write than I thought lol.

19. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I pity his mother, but Shihyun? No freaking way.

Why so? The fact that he didn't do anything about Roe is enough. You see if he really cared about his own image then he would've taken action against Sinyoung. But nope.

So, scratch that image part cause he's just a kid who does not stand losing out.

Haitaka likes this.
  20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with everything you've said about Sung but this. i think his reaction to all of the betrayal and slander he received is how most humans would react if they had his power. in my opinion Seol is the one who reacted less normal than Sung. very few people would go through what Seol and Sung went through and still actively fight for paradise and those that have betrayed him. i think Sung is a bad person for sure and i dont think even if he was never betrayed or slandered that he would have been a good person but his reaction to everything thrown at him in paradise was pretty normal to me. sure most people on earth wouldnt think of murdering people but in paradise killing isnt that radical of an idea for anyone from earth.