LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda ignored the part where I talked about his golden commandment and everything as well. But nah, the girls were talking about how he could possibly be an issue and only acknowledged the fact he had good potential. That was it

Everything else they were talking about that Seol had they made fun of him for it. Seol fucking retired my guy. He's just trying to have fun. The only reason he's here is as a favor to the Fallen Angels since they helped him. He can do whatever he wants whether that is only serving one dish in his restaurant or spending all his time with Yuhui.

I can see that the author is trying to make Seol improve himself again, just the way he is doing it is by making all the other improvements of the novel seem worthless just because he wants to get a few laughs about the MEMORIZE cast. Its frankly pretty annoying. Its essentially disrespecting the story they had just written so that people who identify more with the first novel can get some laughs out of it.

2. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what would MG do in the same situation as Seol where they disparaged his skills.

3. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fallen angels are not the same as sky angels....:
    Sky angels and cave angels are native to the planet.

4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fairies, Lonci. Fairies.

Interesting...though why is Haramark the only one with a green area next to the Forest of Denial. Isn't it supposed to be a barren wasteland?

I said in advance we're all being played at by the author. Cause I knew ahead this is all going to be a Shokugeki no Soma-style ss series.

Seol being a treasure is his ability to cook accurately. Yes, my dudes. He's Chef Shinomiya.
    He cooks amazingly but that's it. He doesn't find a meaning to improve or modify his recipe that he saw at the back of the ramen package.

His epiphany came in the form of two customers. It turns out he did not read the complete freakin' instructions.

After SS13, I lost the motivation to argue and defend MG because it's all moot. We were played at by Ro Yu-Jin.

In SS14, you shall meet Yukihira Seolma.
    edit:
    Seraph stood upright, raised both arms into the air, and swung her body back and forth.

“Noodle…! I am a noodle…!”

She claimed that she was a noodle.

edit again. Here's what you all are looking forward for — the little girl. Unleash at your own risk.
    “Do you mind telling me what exactly you didn’t like about the food? I’ll try to improve next time.”

“Uh…. I mean…. Ummmmm….”

The girl hesitated. It seemed she was desperately trying to think of what to say but to no avail.

“I dunno!”

“You don’t know?”

“I can’t help it!”

The girl shouted in anger.

“How am I supposed to judge when I’ve only had one bowl? I need like 10 more bowls!”

“Hmm…. But I’m afraid you won’t like them again…. Do you still want them?”

“T-That’s….”

She pouted.

“Come on…. Just give me…. I won’t know unless I have more….”

Tears began to well up in the girl’s eyes as she pushed her empty bowl forward.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Lonelycity and Haitaka like this.
  5. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ramen training arc here we go

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  6. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I trust your judgement on these things since you and I always end up reading the same novels lol. But yeah I just need some poetic justice after all of that stuff

7. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you definitely will.

They become friends in the end. All were protective wives' fault and turns out MG needs Seol's noodles.

Also, it's quite interesting that something else touched upon Paradise and oh boi it's quite meaningful to Seol's life. A bit disappointing that it's brushed off as a single line though.

Lonelycity likes this.
  8. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, for me the poetic justice would wiping the floor with MG and his harem, and banish them from Earth for abusing their power (can't forgive them for using Charm Eye on Seol). But of course, it is gonna be Shokugeki no Soma. Not to mention Seol is not strong enough.

9. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    It won't be to that extent, but I think you'll still like it :)

chucke likes this.
  10. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving aside all the talk about the Martial God and Memorize, there are some things that have been making me curious for a while: Where are the Seven Virtues? I assume the Seven Sins had resurrected them, but they didn't make a debut or have been mentioned so far. Also, with SCoG turning into a cooking manga, you would have expected the Goddess of Gluttony to become a recurring character, but she hasn't even appeared yet. Is she refusing to eat Jihu's ramen like Gabriel or she have even higher standards than Memorize's cast and Jihu's ramen isn't worth eating?

11. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I though sky fairies are term of fallen angels in paradise. I remember how gabriel said it been long time he was called an angel

From what I remember sky fairies are alien to paradise to they don't get along to cave faries and such.

And paradise has no concept of angels in their world. So angels are called sky fairies in paradise.
    I'll be back with proof once I'm done working

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  12. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, did they apologize for disrespecting Jihu's ramen? or just go full tsundere route which is kinda annoying for me sigh... Why characters can't be more honest...?

Even Cho hong apologize to Seol when she doubt his achievement violently in their first meeting. That's already the fact she didn't have cheats checking Seol which these women did but they still went full stupid.

I'm suspecting they will become addict to the ramen as punishment or for comedy relief miles away which is predictable.

I've been craving ramen and can't eat it cause of pandemic. I'm talking about real ramen from Japanese resto not cup noodles. So it rubs the wrong way for me.

So will today chapter coming less annoying?
    Or I'll just skip 5 chapters to save my sanity.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  13. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cave Fairies and Sky Fairies are natives of Paradise. They don't get along with each other because the two Spirit Lords that the Cave Fairies worship committed a sin or something like that and were imprisoned until Jihu asked the rest of the Spirit Lords to release them.

Shield Loyalist and Lonelycity like this.
  14. DarkD

DarkD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain to me what the novel means by "sending his feelings back in time"? I keep looking at this novel at the top of the rankings and wanting to try it, then I look at that description and almost vomit.

For example, does he go up to a dungeon entrance and say "I feel like I shouldn't go in." or "No, I feel this monster is stronger than it looks"? Or is this just a really roundabout way of saying he sent vague memories to his past self?

15. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess my memory was wrong but I'll check the arc were pinky and jihu got chased by parasite to be sure.

Lonelycity likes this.
  16. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who can be considered the main wife of the MG?Since Seol main one is Yuhui

17. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly a reference to how he feels about certain people or things. Like if he was really attracted to someone then he'll feel a natural liking towards them, but if he hated someone then he'll feel a natural repulsion.

You should definitely read it though. Its a good read.

18. Faldie

Faldie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, the side story of SCOG that talking about memorize is making me curious and fortunately I found website that give slightly readable mtl(for me) , it's jpmtl

And I apologize if someone already mentioned it

19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that was a better chapter. Master Ian is always nice to see, and his teachings are always needed.

This chapter did a lot better at respecting Seol's character than the last couple did and I felt a lot better after reading it.
    I'm not sure if someone did, but it never hurts to mention just in case someone was unaware.

I think most of the people in here are probably going to wait until Fudge translates it, but for anyone that wants to read it now this is good to know. Thank you for the information :blobmelt:

Shield Loyalist and Lonelycity like this.
  20. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad..... it was fairies XD