LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He achieved all those because others' showed him the way. He couldn't have done it alone.

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lo and behold, Seol forgot to contact 'mom' again. Well, as expected of a "Training Masochist".

3. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So? If only 1 out of 100 can manage to do what he did even with the help of others, that's still being talented. And I'd wager it's way less than 1 out of 100, and instead less than 1 out of 10000. Last life I would be more inclined to agree with others' assesment and only his high inborn mana and eye was a talent, and he probably got so far due to hard work. This life however, I think people should be more surprised how fast he has improved and learned some of the things due to his past life's experiences, or at the very least be able to call him talented.
    Last chapter bothered me a bit as well, it's good for Seol not to be complacent, but he almost seemed like: "Oh no, a proper High Ranker, that seems so far away. And there's even lvl 7 Unique Rankers as well, I'm nothing but a frog in a well, and not special at all. Can I even become a true High-Ranker?" Ignoring that last life he got to lvl 7 with way worse conditions.
    This life he fixed and improved his mana-circuits with the Tears, has multiple Divine Elixirs and a Divine Stigmata, the best teacher in Paradise, multiple High-rank supporters, royal family support and the list goes on. Sure, he shouldn't be thinking that he will definitely get there, but he should just work hard and do what he has already been doing, and know he has the potential to get there.

On another note, I hope Seol studying his Status doesn't mean he didn't listen to Chohong explain about the Daughter of Luxuria. I could easily see him becoming friends with her and for weeks or months not know her true identiy, even though everyone else does.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  4. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, honestly he achieved everything thanks to his Nine Eyes skills and Future Vision.
    He is a good, brave person but as a powerhouse he is so so.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  5. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Kim Hannah entered the Miss Foxy mode.

6. CookieCutter

CookieCutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fudge, what was your reasoning for using the word "Executor" instead of "the One Who Leads"? I understand you changed it because the original phrase is kinda big, but why "Executor"? The two phrases have a different vibe to me.

7. zenorth

zenorth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Maria is accepting refund.
    The priest that Kazuki recruited must be Seo Yuhui right?

8. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't change the fact that he's still average compared to the real geniuses. Even Agnes implied how she's way better than Seol. He's great in avoiding danger, and that's about it.

9. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Later, we see phrases like 탐식의 이끄는 자 and the like, which would have to be translated The One Who Leads of Gluttony. Seemed too wordy for my liking.

The original description of One Who Leads was: "The Executors were the apostles who carried out the will of the seven gods. They were the seven leaders chosen to fight against the monsters threatening the world."

Executor fits this meaning pretty well.

CookieCutter likes this.
  10. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt they wouldn't take both. After all Maria is addicted to money so anything she already grasped she wouldn't let go.
    If the other one is Seo Yuhui (or even Seonhwa) then we all know she will not give up on this one.

Impregnable team, perchance? :hmm::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

11. CookieCutter

CookieCutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely Seo Yuhui. She probably heard from Kazuki that Seol's in his team and she volunteered to come.

zenorth likes this.
  12. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Apostles sound way better, Executors is too aggressive for a God's representative.

13. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that Apostles sounds better, but it might not fit in the translation. There is really no other word in English for "someone who executes the will of a superior"

14. zenorth

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah right, never cross my mind that it's gonna be both joining, that will be awesome lol. What's even more awesome is japan federation member's face after they see Seo Yuhui will be joining Kazuki's team at the banquet.

Japan Federation : Dude that's cheating..
    Kazuki : That's how Mafi- Yakuza works.

15. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't use Apostles because there is a specific word for Apostle in Korean (사도), and that comes up as well.

16. Vidashall

Vidashall Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be disappointed if the Hooded-priest is not Seol's ex (I think her name was Yoo Seonhwa?)

It would be a cliche, but the good kind of cliche.

17. zenorth

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing how surprised she is when Seol Jihu introduce himself only as Seol(his surname) I think she is the ex.

I prefer she is Seo Yuhui tho. I want to see another ara-ara session with her lol.

18. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wouldn't Arbiter be the almost exact description of what the characters are though?

Executors has really bizarre connotations in English that because of common use make it incredibly unfitting for the title for these characters.

19. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably Seonhwa given the courteousness.

...but for some reason I suddenly got a really crazy idea that it's Ghost-chan.

20. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she is actually a new character....