Korean The Second Life of an All-Rounder Idol

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Dreamyangel, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Dreamyangel

Dreamyangel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Second Life of an All-Rounder Idol
    Raw Name: 인생 2회차 만능 아이돌
    Raw Link:
    https://ridibooks.com/books/4186004523
    NOTE: Raw site only has 25 chapters free, can't find another site that has more free chapters.
    Updated Note: Found more raw chapters up to ch 70 but it is not convenient to google translate b/c they are pics ​
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-second-life-of-an-idol/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I think the plot is good, and I'm really curious as to how the mc will live his 2nd chance life. This is an idol novel btw, unsure if there is any romance too.
    Description:
    Meet Do Shi-Yoon, someone who has spent eight years as an idol.​
    In this life, he has debuted as a new man, doing everything from composing to promoting all alone.
    “A debut? I’ll do it myself.”

My Summary:
    MC spent 8 year to be an idol in a group called Nu-Bois but it all goes down hill when a member of his group gets caught in a drug scandal and drags all the other members down with him. MC has been working hard, and composing songs for his group but that got him no where in the end of his 1st life. He wake up after getting into a car accident. Now is his chance to start over before debuting in the same group.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    ErryChu, Tiis_Ganda and Piyoyo like this.
  2. Piyoyo

Piyoyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A wise man once said 'you can never have too many idol novels in nu' :blobokhand:, I hope this gets picked up.

Ran ahzu, Tiis_Ganda and Dreamyangel like this.
  3. Hadosh

Hadosh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone was translating the novel but I just checked and it was deleted:cry:

4. Zelthyc

Zelthyc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh noo I came too late that the translations are taken down, or too early that nobody picked it up or is discussing yet. I saw the manhwa and it looked reeeally great!

5. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Spoookaa

Spoookaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the mtl of this novel...it was good in the first few chapters but somehow, the more I read, the more I dont like the MC. I mean, I understand his need to be known because he didnt get that in his first life considering how talented he is but somehow, he keeps on doing things so secretly without thinking of his team. He's thinking more of himself. Granted, he knows the future trend of music so he creates music like a machine but man, I guess the world loves him so much to revolve around him, like some Gary Sue or something.

Also, he actively schemes against some bad guy. Again, granted, that guy deserves to be roasted because he is a douchebag and all but I guess the way the novel paints it is, the MC leaves the director of a certain agency as is and schemes to get whatever that director has. What I'm trying to say is, the MC isnt really a good guy but he thinks he is or at least portrayed as such. He knows he keeps a lot of secrets from his team and he doesnt stop to even think about what the possible negative side effect may happen if he gets caught in a controversy. And doing things solo without the permission of the agency. He is under a contract from his agency, although the agency is very lax with his people but for goodness sake, this MC just goes around making music with anyone and appearing on stages without prior notice with his agency which leaves the president of that agency grasping at straws or caught offguard because the self-centered MC went ahead without considering the results FOR his really nice agency. The MC considered the results for himself but I never read he considered anything he does for his team or his agency.

I guess I've read many idol manhwas who are more of a team player so this MC irks me a bit. He formed his team for himself in the first place. And his team never questioned him, good for him. And he's too "everywhere". He tries to expand his plate so much I fear it's gonna break if it werent for plot-sama. He goes to R&B on his own, Rap battles, just...things he does without prior notice to the agency. I would think that's very disrespectful in a sense unless he wasnt under any agency. He shouldve told the agency that he's gonna do this or that as a sign of respect towards his team overall. But noooo. He's like a free bird.

Anyway, I'll stop here. I dont mind an OP idol character that's all rounder and stuff but a selfish, self-centered MC thats portrayed as a nice guy subtlely? Nope. I'd rather it be portrayed as selfish from the start and a villain.

joey183 likes this.
  8. Random Gal

Random Gal New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? When I read the webtoon, it says that he joined his current agency because of creative freedom, which is cool. You are not forced to do anything that you don't want and deceive your fans into thinking that this is your persona. The current agency he's with allows their artists to decide on their own and assists them, supporting their decisions, especially if it will help their career. The head of the agency has a huge trust in MC as he sees him as a dependable person. I don't see why people hate the fact that he's increasing his workload. He's just using his past knowledge to their advantage. Plus, he needed that connection and network to advance to a higher level. Did they perhaps change the plot in the novel? Plus, could you drop any site that has the novel translated, even MTL will do.

9. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has more details in it. The manhwa made MC more...hmn...not that much of a schemer?

I can dm you the link I use to read mtl.

Random Gal likes this.
  10. Random Gal

Random Gal New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the DM! I appreciate that. Yeah. If that's the case, maybe they really change the plot to make him more likeable.

11. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha or it could be just me.

12. Agnesia

Agnesia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you send me the link too

13. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, but try this first, copy the korean name of the novel, and search through google or any search engine. If you're English speaking, have your browser on autotranslate. You should be able to see the website where you can read the novel. uhhh I rely on autotranslate.

14. NeoReader0805

NeoReader0805 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried what you said but I'm not sure if I did it right since I could only see site where you have to pay or something. can you send me the link too?

15. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Sent you the link.

16. NeoReader0805

NeoReader0805 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

17. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem!

18. marvie2

marvie2 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there, may you please send me the link too? I tried looking for the MTL novel but I can't find it or the ones that says novels are just manwha lol

19. Lazyleizy

Lazyleizy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you also send me the link? I tried the way you suggested but all I found was the site that needs coins to read

Leilacus likes this.
  20. srychan99

srychan99 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you also send me the link? I tried the way you suggested but all I found was the site that needs coins to read

Leilacus likes this.