Spoiler The Second Male Lead is Actually a Girl

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Aug 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the novel. I just bought the official translations on the Pocket Comic lol
    As of up to chapter 15, it's definitely implied he has a crush and is in the most of discovering his feelings

2. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Enok reminds me pretty much of the muderous crazy twisted psycho wizard ML Reinhardt who also conquered a magician tower in 'I Failed to Abandon The Villain'. A new type of toxic obsessive deadly violent Manchild who wants to own his FL by any means.

[​IMG]

I prefer rather more the wholesome mature reasonable 2nd turned ML Wizard Lancelot who got over the OG FL pretty much on his own in 'THE LADY'S BUTLER'.

[​IMG]

I think Enok is a mixture of Reinhardt + Lancelot...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  3. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, probably not that hard. She doesn't have to marry to get a child. She IS an illegitimate child after all. So, just follow her father's footsteps. As for the how... Like, maybe change the colour of her eyes and hair before finding a willing victim to sleep with her? Once she got pregnant, fakes some kind of illness so she can give birth in silence. Then formally register the child into the family tree.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  4. ailegna

ailegna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they're one of a kind like isekai michibiku goddess:whistle:, that aside, it said that the royal family also have power of a forgotten goddess, I just wondering is this why the emperor can tell that he was controlled? He have this disgust feeling around her, is it probably like some sort of defense mechanism??

5. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also noticed that many Novel World Gods/Goddesses are very pretty bad or reckless at their job of choosing the right saint/hero/savior.

The Abandoned Empress or The Savior's Book Cafe in Another World.

If you read other plots with similar premise, you can see it is another common silly trope for easy drama that could been avoided.
    My best guest is that authors nowadays are kinda sick of the pure goodnatured good girl saint from another world (Modern Asia) who can't do nothing wrong, so they decide to choose to deconstruct this trope by making her the villain for the sake of new thrills and to shock the readers.
    I believe it was the light web novel Koushaku Reijo no Tashinami/Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter which started the now oversactuared trend of demonizing the charming childlike girly saintlike OG FL against the misunderstood wronged Villainess.

Sometimes the gods accidently killed someone from Japan and as compensation they give them almost anything they can wish for themselves reincarnated in the new world.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  6. ceeimp

ceeimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need the CP and vivi to end up together, idk but the Cp and FL being a thing just doesn’t click well, there isn’t a spark, its like the author is forcing something that is completely unnecessary hcjdnfhs— I like the FL and her butler, they seem to be a better match ngl.

Inasible, Creolenerd, Amy_ and 11 others like this.
  7. seleneeeeeeeesan

seleneeeeeeeesan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can't find the novel for this manhwa, is this manhwa not derived from a novel?

Sarita14 likes this.
  8. WisteriaAsia

WisteriaAsia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xpeanut and leyeh2 girl like this.
  9. Nikkorizz

Nikkorizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a novel. It’s completed with 5 books, an epilogue and a few side stories. I haven’t finished it yet. Chapter 15 of the manhwa is about 3/4 of the way through book 1, so we are speeding through the story. The novel is much slower paced than the manhwa.

The chapters in the novel are super long. The whole thing is like 25 chapters.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  10. Nikkorizz

Reading List:
    Link
    Continued from chapter 15 of the manhwa…

Rozenta goes to look for her dad’s secret place used for training. She ends up in an empty room with nothing in it. Frustrated, she opens the windows and looks outside into the garden. A crow flies in the window and transform into Enok. He’s wearing a butler uniform. He goes up to her, holds a lock of her hair and kisses it. Rozenta is upset at him, and asks him why he keeps seeking her out, but Enok smiles and says she was the one that sought him out first. Frustrated, she tells him to go away, and leaves the room. As she’s going down the stairs, Enok casually mentions that he feels a trace of magic in that room. Rozenta freezes on the stairs and turns around. Enok smiles and reiterates that he needs to find something so that Rozenta can depend on him. He says that he will help her if she accepts him as her butler. Rozenta reluctantly agrees.

Later she introduces Enok to everyone in the duchy as her new butler. Enok is training under senior butler Edmund and things are going well with the training.

Rozenta and Enok once again find themselves in her father’s training room. Enok casts a spell and creates an explosion that blows a hole into the wall. A secret passage way appears in the wall. Rozenta panics because she wanted to keep all this a secret but the explosion was surely heard by everyone in the duchy. Enok reassures here that he cast a magic barrier so that no one would hear. Rozenta, still wanting to keep her father’s dark magic room a secret, sends Enok away. Enok reluctantly leaves.

Rozenta enters the secret passage, down some stairs, she finds a secret room with a laboratory and library. She browses the books and discovered that most of them are locked with a magical chain. She reflects on her relationship with her dad, the former Duke, and how it was very distant. And how shocking it was for him to die so suddenly without getting the chance to teach her magic skills properly. In some of her final moments with her father before he died, she does recall a few times where he acted as if he were trying to protect her from something, and showed her a little bit of affection.

In the secret room, Rozenta finds a book titled “Necromancy” but it’s magically locked. She thinks about how her father could have had the power to raise an undead army if he wanted to. And that if this information got out to the public, it could lead to terrible consequences. She’s also frustrated that the original novel didn’t really explore the Estella family background, and instead focused on the main protagonist’s point of view.

Just then, Enok appears and tells her that 3 letters arrived for her. Rozenta quickly hides the Necromancy book and leaves the secret room. She’s angry that Enok followed her in when she told him to keep out. Enok follows her up the stairs in out of secret passageway, but some of the stairs had collapsed from the explosion earlier. Enok uses his magic to easily rebuild the stairs, and they both exit the secret area. She thanks Enok and decides to put more trust in him in the future.

Later, Rozenta reads the 3 letters. One was from Vivian, one was from Theodore, and one was from the Cardia Dutchy.

Vivian’s letter was a long letter. Vivian still can’t believe that Theodore yelled at her during their breakfast together when the saintess arrived. She also said that she got an invitation from Duke Cardia hosting a banquet in honor of the Saintess.

Theodore’s letter was very short and just asks to meet with Rozenta privately before Duke Cardia’s banquet. He wants to tell her something that he couldn’t say earlier.

After reading Theodore’s letter, Rozenta thinks she will meet with Theordore before the banquet. She is deeply suspicious that something is wrong with the story and hopes meeting with the emperor and going to the banquet will resolve some things.

And finally, the last letter from Duke Cardia was just an invitation to the banquet.

Rozenta then reflects on her wonderful friendship that she has had with Theodore and Vivian over the last years. She looks out the window and sees a tree. She recalls the first time she met Theodore when he was sitting on a tree branch.

(I’m a little fuzzy on this last part)
    Book 1 ends with a scene in a tropical place called Silva, in the Cardia Dutchy. The duchy is known to for its skills in growing plants quickly, to the point of being overgrown.

A lady with orange hair and red eyes sits in a glamorous chair and is being fanned by servants with palm leaves. The lady, Duke Nike Cardia (pronounced “Nee Kay”), calls to her servant Wyatt and asks if the letter to Duke Estella was sent. Her servant approaches her and kneels, he says that that the letter was sent. Nike strokes the servant’s head like a puppy, and leans back in her chair. She wonders where the time has gone. She thinks that if Rozenta had been a part of the Cardia family instead of the tight-laced Estella family, things would have been very different.

(note that it’s Duke Cardia, not Dutchess Cardia, even though she’s a woman)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    FunSmiles, Nina.aaaa, Lucy_ and 60 others like this.
  11. kookiekim

kookiekim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleaseee spoil more, I hate the High priest and the Saintess. Does the crown prince have feelings for MC? Or it just because of something that high priest cast on Saintess?

12. Kimberly07

Kimberly07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the crown prince in recent chapter cuz he is weak ;-;

Inasible and Creolenerd like this.
  13. Sironasama

Sironasama Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I REALLLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH VIVIAN AND THEODORE. I REALLY SHIP THEM.

14. anonmily

anonmily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well…with money, power, and lack of morality there are ways? She could revert to her female form and go on a one-night stand and/or drug a nobleman while under disguise as a female and do the deed. Then she can get pregnant and find an excuse to leave the capital for a bit (i.e recuperation), give birth, kill the midwife (not immediately….make it seem natural), hire/bribe a woman to become her wife and pretend the kid was hers (maybe a foreigner who has a language barrier with people of the kingdom…or someone who she can poison to make mute), bring her back…then poison her new wife slowly until it seems like she died from complications of childbirth. Then after her death she can pretend to be deeply in love and swear that she will not remarry to mourn her. Voila, bloodline passed on.

…I swear I’m not a criminal >.>

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  15. Nikkorizz

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading the book and it really seems like the father (his name is Caligo) is not as much of a jerk as he seemed to be. He actually had the power to raise undead armies and mind control people, but he never did it, and was super reluctant to teach Rozenta those skills. And actually, he really started to warm up to Rozenta shortly before he passed away. I’m not excusing his actions of being a jerk father, but I think there is more to him than what we’ve seen so far. Rozenta/Rose’s mother also really deeply loved him, even though she was cast away after she found out she was pregnant, so I think something secret happened between them. Rozenta’s father was not yet the Duke of Estella when he was with her mother, he was still the heir, so maybe he was pressured to hide Rose’s mother to keep her safe.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  16. viridxtyy_jdm

viridxtyy_jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the priest in the latest chapter is definitely a sus as well as the saintess. I wanna know some spoilers about them like what is the goal of the priest, or what do they want to achieve for doing that sort of thing.

The friendship between the crown prince, rozental, ang vivian was really adorable, I like their trio so muchh esp Vivi she's so extra sometimes.

I kinda expected enok to be the ml after his first appearance in the manhwa so I'm really happy he's the ml. anw i need some spoilers about what the talk of the crown prince (who's now the emperor) and rozental. Enok might be able to help the crown prince about his feeling of being controlled by someone.

17. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That priest is definitely no good news just like the saintess. Thanks for the spoilers and I’m camping here for more! Hope to know what happen in the banquet!

Dobokan likes this.
  18. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Genuine question, why do u(and sum other readers) love for Vivian (Vivian is the bitch right?) And CP to end up together?? Like genuinely asking. She is literally a red flag, harassing the CP constantly. Or is Vivian and that bitch a different person?

Edit: and question, is the CP gonna end up with Vivian? I'm alrdy pissed with that father drama. Seems like all his shitty doing is gonna be forgiven just cuz he did a minimum job and raised the fl( which wouldn't have happened if he had a legitimate heir.) I can't with readers trying to somehow justify this prick. :facepalm: who knows he might've other kids with commoners but are now long forgotten.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    lucalrrig likes this.
  19. Fudgex

Fudgex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't she do that in her childhood only? And she stopped after MC befriended her and her, MC and the CP became friends afterwards. Are you mistaking her for the og fl maybe?

Either way I think vivian likes our MC now. Atleast that's the feel that I'm getting (cuz she think MC is a guy hahaha) I may be wrong though. And we all know CP definitely likes MC.

lostross, Inasible, Dobokan and 8 others like this.
  20. ReiXia

ReiXia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like her Vivian as she is, honestly. Sure she was annoying when she was young, but I suppose she just did what children do. They are loud, clingy, crybaby, etc. But she grew out of it, and definitely matured. Even it wasn't as in she became all quiet and elegant, pretty and lady-like just like what usual Villainess (or Ex-Villainess) out there. She is fine by herself.

As in why most people shipping her with Throdore... Well, they are friends since a kid. They spends 10 years together, so they already knew each other as a person. And about their bickering, I think it's also not being a problem. Since you know, you don't have to be super lovey-dovey with your partner. Arguments happen, it's normal. To me, it shows us just how well they are bonding. They can accept each other behind those words, even though it sounds like nothing but offensive to some.

On the side note, at this point it doesn't matter who the ML is anymore. I can't decide between Theodore or Enok. But if it's Theodore, then poor Vivian (bcz y'know how it feels when your friends dated each other and left you behind). But if it's Enok... I'm also fine with it even though I'm still don't get how he ends up becoming possessive of FL. He appeared, she then just kinda gave him a name, and he gone. In a single chapter at that.

Man... is there any good stories with multiple endings? I'm sad when my ship is sinking and having no choice but to build my own scenario in my head