LCD The Skill Maker

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Oct 17, 2017.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh im sad how the novel wrote off the parents

reading other novels, it seems like all these dungeons and portals appearing is just the start. mid point the portals will explode. end point the monsters will invade.

2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    The more I read this novel the more I am dissatisfied with the author.

First is the dialog. I assume the author is trying to make his characters clever, but the (I guess) subtle way the MC and friends are talking to others (like that black auction guy) with veiled hints and such, well most of the time I have no idea what they're talking about! :blobdizzy:

And the second thing is that while author does come up with some unusual ideas, he doesn't follow up with what I would presume to be logical and common sense next steps for the MC. Take ch-119's concept of transferring energy to food stuff as an example. My first thought after it was noted that the energy can be reabsorbed when the food item is eaten was: how long will the energy persist in the food, does different foods or liquids hold more energy or hold it better, can others absorb the foreign energy, etc. Nice experimental activities the MC could undergo for a couple of chapters. After which the MC and company would have a power up, etc. Instead, the author just uses the energy infused food as a flavor enhancement. :facepalm:

Another thing I don't like is how the MC treats his friends. In ch-119, he calls up David to be a guinea pig without getting his permission, let alone inform him about what kind of test item he was to eat. What if his energy that was infused in the fruit clashed with David's own energy and David winds up poisoned? There is no respect. The MC is a sociopath.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    anonnovelupdates likes this.
  3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with Yoo-Na's sister? Did her condition stabilize, is she recovering? The last thing I recall was Yoo-Na flying out to see her quite a while ago and at that time, Hyun-Soo was only able to produce stamina boosts that only lasted a short time.

4. Valcryst

Valcryst 『Theorizing Panda』 ʕ-ᴥ – ʔ 『Ddraigslayer』 ︻デ═一

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc, Hyun Soo made a stamina potion thing that lasted long enough for her to be stable for an operation she needed. This was during her early days in the clan. It's why we were shown very little of Yoona at the start of that and shown his interactions with the clan members more because she was going back and forth to visit her sister. I think she is stable now thats why clan activities started back up again.

5. Valcryst

Valcryst 『Theorizing Panda』 ʕ-ᴥ – ʔ 『Ddraigslayer』 ︻デ═一

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the author wrote themselves out of an easy and apt fix for the current situation.
    They way they explicitly wrote that Hyun soo is immune to illusions barred Hyun soo's titular skill to shine again.

If he wasnt immune, he could just have Riri put him in a illusion and he can develop an illusion resistance skill he can disseminate to the clan.
    I know he is still not sharing what his skills are exactly about but we all feel like he should have by this point, right? XD

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  6. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it.
    I really liked the beginning, though the more recent arc seems more CN-ish and forced.

8. anonnovelupdates

anonnovelupdates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last release was in late September 2018.

https://knoveltrans.com/announcement/last-announcement/

"This Friday" should have been November 2, 2018, but the web site is still up.

9. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, F#ck. Yet another mildly decent novel abandoned less than halfway though.
    I seriously need to just delete all my bookmarks and give up on this sh!t. I'm getting too d@mn tired of reading interesting stories only to never know the endings. I'm not throwing any hate on the translator, though - thanks for not simply wiping everything.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    aww its still dropped?

11. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    the translator got full time job, so he/she didnt have time to translate