Spoiler The Song of Theodor

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by TessaScarlet, Jun 23, 2020.

1. TessaScarlet

TessaScarlet Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Summary:

During her childhood years, Sienna, the vivacious Princess of the Western Empire, and Latio, the Prince of the Northern Kingdom who was sent over as a political hostage, had a fateful encounter. The two gradually opened their hearts to each other, while the young King Nyah of the Eastern Empire observed them from the shadows… Alas, the tranquil peace between the three kingdoms was but a mere facade, soon to be shattered at the drop of a hat. As war broke out, the past childhood sweethearts are now faced with impossible choices that pit love against duty: battle and bloodshed, smoke and tears, sincerity and betrayal— riddled with turmoil, the two must come together to compose a song, a song of a boy and girl — the “Song of Theodor”

Alternative:
    Di Ao Duo Zhi Ge ; The Song of Theodore ; 狄奥多之歌
    Author:
    Jiao nian qian zhao
    Artist:
    Jiao nian qian zhao
    Genres:
    Fantasy, Romance, Webtoons

2. TessaScarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have any spoiler about this story? The protagonist girl has a sword in the initial images, I hope it is not an ornament and she becomes a badass girl!:coffee:
    [​IMG]

Mikaa, Zoe Scarlett, LucaLove and 3 others like this.
  3. Ayo

Ayo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Meiling1989

Meiling1989 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was here for the same reason ;)
    I found this is still up to 28 in raw. Check on google with chinese title 狄奥多之歌. kuaikanmanhua and ohmanhua sites have raws. So sad I don't have permission to drop the direct link yet :unsure:

5. Daisychangedhermind

Daisychangedhermind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too! Right now all she is title of princess with no power or authority. Her dad and his crappy wife just all around suck and I hope they get they get their comeuppance :blobangery::blobhero::blobowoevil_horns:
    Here you go!
    https://www.ohmanhua.com/16088/
    This site is REALLY spammy so yeah I gave fair warning :blobpeek::blobuwu:

minimoni, LucaLove, ARaine and 3 others like this.
  6. TessaScarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the site!:blobpopcorn:

The boy with the patch in the last chapter's picture feels like is going to be important:hmm: although I don't really know if he is really friend or camouflaged enemy... he thinks something like "time has pass, it's time to meet with his/her highness" (as I have been able to translate with google translator). What fucking highness? Sienna? Latio's brother? The snakes' prince?:blobfearful:
    In fact I'm really hoping that this patch's boy is from Saga and can train Sienna so she cans became strong. Just dreaming :blobwhistle:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. jorie

jorie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!
    I became quite a fan of this story! I like the drawings and I hope the love story will continue really soon between Sienna and Latio!
    I can't read chinese but the last episode is threalling! I wonder what will happen next!

If I understood correctly Latio was set up by his brother. When Latio entered the king's room he found out he was already dead. Seing his brother entering right after I guess Latio is being accused of killing the king.

Yerunidian, Jukki, Rokai and 4 others like this.
  8. citrusyuzu

citrusyuzu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you I will search for this now

LucaLove likes this.
  9. Daisychangedhermind

Reading List:
    Link
    Omgosh guyss the new chap is out and Sienna started training yess! I hope she becomes super badass and has a reunion with her bestie/bae Latio:bloblove:blobmelt_thumbs:sushi_yes:

LucaLove and citrusyuzu like this.
  10. TessaScarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    HI everyone!
    I'm here to comment after spoilers of chapter 34 and... OMFG:blobfearful:
    She is going to pretend to be his twin brother after he died. I'm so mad about the fact that, in the story, if you aren't a boy, your opinions aren't taking into account and the author is killing so many good characters:blobangery:
    But oh well, I'm not really complaining. This unfair facts is what made the story so good in my opinion. Our Sienna is going to avenge his brother and to become a really badass girl! YAAAS!:blobhero:
    I'm really thrilled about what is going to become in future chapters:blobpeek:
    The story is so dramatic but really I can't have enough of it, it is really so good!:blobpopcorn:
    Separate point, I'm really rooting for Merlin, the patch boy friend of Alas, to become second male lead:aww:

11. Daisychangedhermind

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously wanted to cry! this chapter is just roller coaster of emotions:blobpopcorn_two::blob_catflip::blobspearpeek:
    I’m down for that Merlin guy to be a possible interest for our MC

LucaLove and TessaScarlet like this.
  12. TessaScarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Here to comment chapter 35 :blobpeek:
    Merlin knows Sienna is faking being Alas. Looking forward to Merlin fell in love with our Sienna:blobpopcorn_cool:.

Latio was shot an arrow by his brother and has fallen off a cliff. Just come on... I know he is going to survive (at least for now :blobjoy:) because he is one of the protagonists, but the scene is so dramatic... Author please stop already with this:blobflag:.

I have 2 theories about what it's going to happen to Latio now. The first one is that he is going to be rescued by a girl or her family... I mean, maybe it's a cliche thing, but we have Merlin for Sienna, so maybe the author puts another girl for Latio to create more drama(?):blobhyperthink:

The second one is that he is going to end in the hands of the Snakes' Prince. Although I think that the next arc of the story is going to be more peaceful showing Sienna and Latio struggling and become stronger, so maybe it's not the time for Latio to be kidnapped for that creepy guy:hmm:

Let's see what happens! :blobspearpeek:

Jukki, MLisMyHubby, LucaLove and 3 others like this.
  13. Blind-Bandit

Blind-Bandit New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 36 looks amazing I can't wait for the chapter to be translated. Can anyone give a rough summary of the chapter so I know what they are talking about?

LucaLove and Daisychangedhermind like this.
  14. Daisychangedhermind

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just used google translate and here’s what I got from this chap. Feel free to add or correct wherever I’m wrong :blobReach:
    Latio is seems to be having an internal battle with himself (like lightside vs dark side latio) about what he really wants. Dark side Latio tells him he’s weak and too trusting and that what he really wants is to conquer/fight and also to “claim” Sienna. At first his light side self tries to protect her from dark side Latio but at the end of the chapter he finally just gives in and realizes that he wants what dark side Latio wants as well and you get a really steamy panel of both Latios and Sienna:blob_blush::blobpopcorn::blob_plusone:. Latio then wakes up from his dream to find that Red head gladiator kid/guy( the one that was spared from death a few chapters back) happy that Latio not dead.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Jukki, MLisMyHubby, LucaLove and 5 others like this.
  15. Eshild Barder

Eshild Barder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently became obsessed with this story. It has every one of the tropes that I love. I just hope there's no tragic ending, the story is already so dramatic that I couldn't stand a sad ending for Sienna and Latio.

16. MochiYoonkitty

MochiYoonkitty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers Please...I'm hooked on this story

17. Eshild Barder

Reading List:
    Link
    The pain of becoming utterly obsessed to a manha that updates slowly, has no novel and is dramatic so it may end in tragedy.

18. Daisychangedhermind

Reading List:
    Link
    you guyss new chapter is out it! Lots of stuff happening and lots of back and forth. Sorry my crappy summary so wordy lol blobmelt_thumbs
    So chap starts out with Red hair dude talking to Latio and he asks him why Red hair guy is helping him he responds that he wants to watch his development and mix with him??(lol that’s what google said).
    Then it cuts to Sienna who is still training this time by running with weights. Merlin guy looks on and wonders if her small shoulders can really take on the task of being the salvation/hope of their empire. Afterwards Sienna goes to visit her brother’s grave (but is known as Sienna’s to everyone else since she’s impersonating her brother since the day of the fire). Only Sienna, Merlin, and that knight guy know that Alas is actually buried there. But Sienna notices that someone else has visited the grave since there are white roses placed there (I think it was Antonia’s son forgot his name tho.) Sienna also wonders what will happen when Latio finds out about “Sienna’s death”. Knight guy wants straight up call out Antonia in front of the king and everyone else but Sienna and Merlin say they got no evidence yet so they can’t. Later they are shown walking around the town investigating the shady gladiator guild that Sienna says the killer was from.
    Back at the palace Antonia is beating her son(forgot his name) telling him he is unskilled and how does he expect to be king if he can’t compete with Alas. He’s not fighting back and just crouches on the floor taking the hits telling his mom to stop hurting Alas and that he doesn’t want to be king. Antonia says she not doing it for him( I feel so bad for him here, kid seems really broken and probably feels guilty about “Sienna’s death”. Ugh I hate Antonia she can go straight to hell. I bet she’s done more shady shit than has been shown)
    Back at Saga. Red hair guy is trying to sneak in with Latio in a wagon pretending to be sick with the plague, then some Big boss old guy and his panther call the guards to stop the wagon and then Latio comes out. Big boss guy recognizes Latio and remembers his Dad (who he looks exactly like aww) Turns out Big boss mister was present when Latios dad died probably was his friend/follower and remembers him saying “it’s not your fault” as he laid dying. Big boss guy then bows to Latio(so does the panther cuz game recognize game:blob_sunglasses:) Chapter ends with everyone stunned like wtf including the guards, red head, and Latio.

19. Blind-Bandit

Blind-Bandit New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man i am so excited for the upcoming chapters. They all look so good especially the red hair kid but man Laito looking so much like his father!!
    I am really curious on what Laito's reaction to the news of Sienna death will it fury or hatred? But I am glad that his feelings are very genuine for her I was always worried they weren't. But ahh I really want to see King Nya again and how is role will play between the two!

LucaLove and Eshild Barder like this.
  20. Eshild Barder

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your summary. I can't wait to see how Latio reacts to Sienna's (fake) death.
    That situation reminds me to an old movie, one were a french guy fell for a thai (I think it was thai, but I watched the movie as a kid, so I may been remembering it wrong) princess, but she had to fake up her death and pretend to be her twin's brother who died to avoid a war. I loved that movie and the situation is so similar that I am having flashbacks.

syofiaa, LucaLove and Blind-Bandit like this.