LCD The Strongest Gene

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Frixx, Nov 24, 2017.

1. frme

frme Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey is it just me or does something not add up about the Luck Aura. In chapter 1 they say it adds 1 Point every hour, but between the last chapters there is only a pause for more or less 3 days and his Luck Points were almost 0. So how come he suddently has 200+ Luck Points?????
    Did I miss something?
    sorry for bad english

2. GoGoInTheA55

GoGoInTheA55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no
    t 3 days... its a whole moth actually..... I was also annoyed by it at first, but then they showed how much luck value he saved during a course of a month.

3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is the first of the two Gene related novels on Qidian at this time, please refrain from spewing hate on Qidian as the story and the publisher are two different beings. I enjoy this novel more than Super God Gene although that one is unique in its own way.

As of the latest chapter I find that the story is going into dead in paths. There are no real gains or losses just loose ends that can't or haven't been cleaned up. It feels like the author is going out of his way to make enemies for the MC. So far we've only reached a resolution with one to two minor enemies, depending if you wanna group the father and son together or nah.

What do you all think of the novel or the direction its going as of the latest chapter you've read?

Please do not add text or information relating to the raws unless they are specifically add and please do ad a spoiler tag when replying with such information.

4. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the MC's ability is a bit too OP and the author is struggling a bit to 'balance' such an OP ability (or OP interpretation of exactly how lucky his luck makes him) and making enemies strong enough to call for such an OP ability. The last dozen or so chaps have seemed far more forced or stilted than the beginning.

The gene crafting, gene warriors upgrading with gene regents crafted by gene producer, the whole thing is a cool idea and a nice power structure/system. Hopefully its just a little heavy handed plot placement for far reaching plot devices.

5. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your right about the enemies but the MC really has no real reason to get stronger with out them. He want's to be in the tournament but doesn't need to for cash anymore since he has been verified and validated by to producer counsel people. So why would he still need to get stronger other than to protect himself from people wanting to go after his neck

6. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok so I will repeat what I wrote over there-

Not gonna lie, with how long he dragged this fight out only to not kill wang yue right after how long he dragged the shop getting shut down, if this story doesn't correct itself soon, i am going to unfollow it.

blablabla12 and Black Parcher like this.
  7. RedIska

RedIska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far Godly Model Creator is better, Chen Feng introduction is pure garbage.
    Good or bad it's second "Gene" novel from author so hope it's will pick-up itself.

8. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont get why Wang Yue didnt just listen to his sister and stop while he was ahead. She said you'll never be able match him so leave him be because won't protect you for ever.

SixDesires and gary0044187 like this.
  9. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    As a man, no as a human if someone told you you'd never be able to trample on something you have a grudge against would you listen to them? Humans have a need to conquer... not to mention he even looks down on his sister! He is only sucking up to her not trying to get on her bad side so he can get benefits. This is probably why she says he's going in the wrong direction, sucking up to the strong while looking down on the weak. He's not looking to improve to make himself better only so he can feel superior in his small home town

SixDesires and Black Parcher like this.
  10. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    But if someone told that provoking a certain person would end only in your death would you still do it, and he's already been almost killed twice by that same person. But he was instead saved by his sister's presence and a mysterious elder/ robot police people. No grudge is worth your life if the person hasn't harmed your loved ones or you first. It's a grudge over grades. Wang Yue will be a dead horse that will be beaten to death damn near to the end of this story.

11. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, I think he is going to begin his reformation as a character after this, now the author has established a new threat in the master mc just pissed off. either way, wang yue surviving this fight has left me so disappointed in this story.

blablabla12 likes this.
  12. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    I just think about all the people he could be killing by stealing their luck away from them.

13. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so very disappointed now he angered an old fogy with nothing to show for it. I like how Monster Paradise's Mc got rid of his grudge with the other summoner or tamer guy in a quick and concise way without needing to kill him.

SixDesires likes this.
  14. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time was just fist fighting (kinda) and from his point of view he wasn't aware of his sister so him not being able to kill him would be perceived as being aware of his family and not being able to go against it. This would boost his ego rather than lower it. The second time would only come this time around after he knew for a fact Cheng Feng knew of his sister, he would know that most people would fear even those of the older generation further buffing up his ego. He was high off of external reasons knowing that his backin would scare the majority of people. When his sister tells him, "You should end the conflict with him" "Its best to make peace" or something like that why would he care? In his mind he'd just become a E-class warrior and gene producer had tons of future backing, the future heir to his family, a strong sister, an gene that was above others in his class and thought of himself as a genius. With this amount of arrogance you think he would stop his attempts at revenge against a small fry? If he continues after this shadow has been cast in his mind then he's above insane.

Black Parcher likes this.
  15. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what your saying but when he seen the aftermath of him killing someone a rank above him and a fellow ex-classmate who had backing he should realize this dude is too dangerous to be provoked by me.

16. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    He'd only attribute it too him not fusing with that gene he finds o'so important... that's been the authors and Wang Yu's reason for looking down on everyone since the beginning. Especially since he didn't actually see how easily the MC dispatched the group or how high the battle prowess of the enemies were especially the virus dude. The kid is way too arrogant and only after this life threatening event where the MC has shown not to fear his backers or status will he realize "Oh shit, I could actually die if I fail or attempt to assassinate someone.

Unfortunately, it might not be possible to get him to fully learn this lesson. Why? The kid has an even more arrogant protector that looks down on the younger generation and might be filled with killing intent which will egg on Wang Yu. Then the Mc goes and mentions giving face to Wang Yu's sister and not the old man. That's both giving face to his sister and pissing on your hand to smack the face of the old man. So he will have unconditional faith in his sister and maybe egg on the old man behind the scenes.

17. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he actually felt it this time and wants to back off for good, but the Dad just made it worst smdh.

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    meh the story doesn't have a real antagonist and is just about how MC cheats his way to the top right now. not to mention, the MC here is just too ridiculous. the plotarmor is too thick here

the whole thing about wang yue/yu relationship is also just wrong. she helps him and protects him but then goes OH OKAY GO KILL HIM.

at least in GMC, the MC is still struggling

SixDesires likes this.
  19. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if anybody read the raws or know spoilers is this Wang Yue the end game antagonist or tell me when he dies. I need to know so I can know whether to drop this shit or not. He tried to kill the MC like 3 times yet he got just as much plot armor as the MC.

20. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as he doesn't seek trouble I'm sure the MC will leave him be
    I mean the MC is aware the father & old man will have grudges against him