LCD The Sweet Prince’s Search

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nom de Plume, Jan 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m really confused about who the real Male lead is.

Michel is the “sweet prince” but there isn’t any romance on that side even though he found out the one he was looking for was his tomboyish friend. As an adult I kind of hope she will go for Mizuhara instead of passing crush Michel. Mizuhara gets along with the female lead very well and they could easily develop into a long term relationship. I don’t see anything with Michel going well since it would mean either long distance or one of them separating from their family.

What is everyone else’s thoughts?

3. AmareeLis

AmareeLis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series is like my first baby.. (it’s the first one I manage on the site ☺️). I think the male lead is both of them, but in general the story isn’t focussed on heavy romance, but more of a “slice of life”. Very light hearted type of story that left me feeling fluffy on the inside. It’s a really good read when I’m trying to relax and wind down. Some parts are super funny.. I can tell you without spoiling anything that Michel role will get bigger towards the end.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  4. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    Michel still feels more like a crush to me than a serious love interest >_>

I can see them ending up together, but not based on the feelings they had way at the beginning. The MC likes Michel based on... what? I’d say she knows him reasonably well based on being in the same club, but they don’t seem to have much one on one interaction or even think about each other.

Michel’s feelings are even more superficial than hers. He based a several month long relationship around a bag of cookies.
    It naturally fell through since it was the wrong girl and she was lying through her teeth. His expectations were also a bit too high, but it is pretty normal to build up an image of a perfect person in relationships at that age.
    Now what gets me is that our MC (Michel’s “friend”) was keeping from him that his gf had lied to him. We know her reasons and there isn’t a right answer in that situation, so I’m not judging her. It would be natural for Michel to feel a little betrayed by her as well is all.
    He also has to come to terms with the fact that our MC is still the same person she always was, with the small exception that he now knows she bakes desserts. Does he see her as a friend or romantically? I like the MC the way she is so I hope Michel doesn’t try to change her and accepts her as is if he decides to pursue her.

Tl;dr A lot of potential for future character development.

5. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna know if Mizuhara likes the MC.... I mean, he puts a great deal of importance to the food she makes, to the point he trades it off for the limited edition foodstuff he got.

(Anyone care to post in spoiler thread? )

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. AmareeLis

AmareeLis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, MC feeling was more like a crush to Michel.
    There is an upcoming chapter which is super good (chapter 73), it has massive character development on Michel's part. ;) don't want to spoil..

The link to spoiler thread isn't working. Maybe I can post sometime if not busy ;)

Psytoxin likes this.
  7. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. AmareeLis

AmareeLis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link