LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The difference between getting stuck on Floor 60 and Floor 1 is that there's no supplied provisions on Floor 1 after the first 30 days. That's why the guys that didn't challenge the Floor 1 boss room are hoarding all the newcomers food, they don't get supplied with it anymore.

It was said that Floors 30 and 60 (probably 90 as well) are safe community zones, which is why the MC has no problem waiting there for years. He's built up a stockpile of points from completing the earlier floors to buy food, people that camp out on Floor 1 don't have any points and can't access the store until they clear the Floor 1 boss room.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like he might really have a thing for the rabbit.

So, does every country get 100 people taken per round? If so, I'd think that small nations would have a very high density of Returned. A place like Cuba or Jamaica would be crawling with them. Well, assuming they didn't get poached by richer nations anyway.

I wonder if any of the large countries split off their territories into puppet nations so that they could increase the number of people taken?

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely as there hasn't been any non-Korean mixed yet on the same 'area'.

I'm worried with their penpal thing. The archer is slowly forming dependency on the MC. And if MC really has a thing for Kirikiri, I hope she...respects it.

And a weird question, if two people meet in the Tutorial, fall in love and have a baby in there...does it automatically make the baby a taker too...and becomes the strongest baby?

Rapacity and Sefrot like this.
  4. Anna_AG

Anna_AG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol... That's a weird question. I think parents would have to crawl trough tutorial with a baby. No way it could grow enough to survive on its own while inside.
    Maybe it's more "area" than nation thing? Well, I doubt it. It's a plot hole by my opinion. Author didn't think about it at all.

5. Sefrot

Sefrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. Maybe something like an errormessage is going to pop up for the mother:

Error: New life has been detected that is not registered in the tutorial-database.
    Unknown life has been deleted.

.. Or something like that, since the author propably never thought too deep into the structure of this story

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I doubt any potential mother could survive her pregnancy in the Tutorial. Not unless Easy mode is far far easier than I'd expect it to be. Even then, she'd probably need help in the later stages.

Of course, its also possible that biological functions like impregnation and aging have been suspended while in the Tutorial.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many people will die in the near future from pushing themselves too hard out of concern for their families, friends, fellow citizens, etc.

I'm a bit surprised that the worthless failures from Round 1 that were suppressing the noobs from Round 2 allowed the noobs from Round 3 to talk to the Community. I thought that was against their policies.

8. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the tutorial punish you for failing the same floor too many times, after the third second/third (not really sure ATM) you dont get more food or water until you complete the floor. that is why the guy is stealing the food from the newbies and not letting them become stronger

9. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    well there is also the chance of smaller countries being wiped out due to lacking a strong military to deal with the monsters

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but that wasn't really brought up til just now. Prior to the latest chapter, we didn't know the monsters started spawning so early, or how strong the first wave was compared to the modern military.

Even so though, there's still the possibility of large nations creating puppet nations to farm for more Returnees.

11. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    on the last chapter it has been already stated that several small countries have been destroyed
    that already happened

12. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think it happened so early either, if my image of the time frame is right the farthest people are around Floor 15-20 in Easy mode?

Also, the puppet nations thing was kind of mentioned? Larger nations give bigger incentives to Returnees to join their nations. I think the general idea was along the lines of "Upon completing the Tutorial you lost your Nationality and get to choose a new one".

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but that's still at the level of poaching talent from poorer nations. That doesn't require any kind of puppeteering. Nations and sports teams do that sort of thing with athletes all the time. What I was talking about was slicing off portions of the country to increase the number of nations and thus the number of Returnees. Most of the really rich nations have colonies, territories, etc. that they could do this with without it really effecting them so long as they were able to maintain control via puppeteering and had a reliable way of recruiting the new Returnees.

14. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I don't think the Tutorial selection process is going to be any more fleshed out so that kind of thing seems unlikely to show up.

I get what you're saying though. The United States is a single nation so it only gets 100 potential Returnees in their entire population (ridiculous as it is), but if they split each state into their own "country" as it were they could get 5000 potential Returnees if the Tutorial accepts the conditions.

Borders are by human design in the first place, so the question is how the Tutorial recognizes the different country/nationalities.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might have missed this, but there are multiple instances of a waiting room if the population is too high

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't it specifically say that it wasn't based on population, and that that was why China was extremely hurt by only getting 100 people taken each cycle, in spite of their massive population? Well, that and convincing so many of the people who were taken to try Hell mode.

17. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not talking about the selection process, they're talking about the people in Floor 1 Waiting Room from Round 1 that were restricting the Round 2 people.

I think the Round 3 people are in their own enclosed space for 72 hours before they get to try the Floor.

18. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    creating puppet states will not work since the ruling countries will not be able to ensure said states remain loyal after being reinforced with the tutorial graduates, also is not clear if the new states will be recognized as new countries by the time the next round selection starts, after all we dont know if the selection is based on the country geography or the country ethnics, heck for all we know it may be even based on its inhabitants mentality, also i wonder how effective will be those that cleared the tutorial based on its difficulty?

19. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The specific line is in

So a waiting room can possibly only serve a maximum of 10 people at once

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, you're right. When will I stop failing to read things more carefully ><

That aside, I don't remember it saying anything about people being separated for the first 72 hours.