Spoiler The Tyrant's Guardian is an Evil Witch

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 1, 2020.

1. enisha

enisha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand why you are hesitant in this story too? but I don't think it is different from other Isekai stories.

For example cesar & canaria relationship had the same problem. MC was an adult and a cesar is a child.They grew up together. But nobody complained about Mc being an adult. because she had a child body. But when we look at the main issue, they are both logically the same.
    The same goes for the youngest princess. MC is a wizard who lived for hundreds of years. The only difference is that she has a child body.The same is true in almost all Isekai novels & manhwa.
    I think the main point that bothers us here is that Mc started the story in her adult body.

I'm sure this issue wouldn't be a problem if Mc was in a child size.
    Frankly, this situation bothered me at first.(and I still have hesitations) But I saw a lot of good comments about ridibooks and kakaopage story, so I want to give the story a chance.

Given the good reviews, I think the Mc & Ml love affair begins after adulthood. (I hope it adapted slowly and nicely to the story) I don't think that a story with such good points supports the child & adult relationship (actually abuse).

noula, kingini, suntastic40 and 12 others like this.
  2. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in wmmp both Lucas and Athy were mature. Here Clete was mature but Tita wasn't. By the way the story is interesting and I will see it to the end if I don't die:blobsmile:

errorusernamesmh and Dinadina like this.
  3. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s this account on Instagram I follow that is Spanish but gives spoilers on manhwas and someone thankfully took the time to translate the spoilers in the comments so ima leave it here!

“The witch Clete wanted to save her life
    by raising the male protagonist
    Arpen / Tita well, and this is very
    difficult for her considering that the
    female protagonist does not know
    how to deal with children, at first
    she scares him since he was a shy
    and scary child. Still, afterwards
    they manage to get closer.The
    father of the male protagonist
    sends him to the witch so that she
    mistreats him, partly because of
    that Tita also fears her since he was
    always mistreated as a child as a
    bastard son. But in the end he
    receives the love that was never
    given to him and becomes attached
    to Clete, he likes her very much
    even though Clete is shy to show
    his emotions and denies them.The
    protagonist does not notice it but as
    the boy and she became closer, the
    boy began to develop feelings
    towards her and could even be
    obsessive since he was jealous of
    the butler for spending time with
    the witch. The boy even wanted to
    be a butler to be with her but he will
    be the future emperor.Tita grew into
    a dazzling man who was charming.
    And he decides to confess his
    feelings and make it clear that he
    was going for her. Clete asks him
    why and he tells her that it was she
    who gave him a future, that she
    changed it and that she cannot go
    back as there was no point of return
    in what she did.The main problem in
    the novel is how Tita was going to
    kill her, the child she raised as a
    child was saying that he was in love
    with her, it was strange to her. It
    was difficult for her to see him with
    different eyes and he was worried
    that it was not enough for Clete, he
    thought that the witch would no
    longer think of him once he
    died.Tita is also very concerned
    about how Clete will think of him
    since she went with the excuse that
    she would protect the family of the
    first king for generations to get
    closer to him. Tita compares
    herself a lot to the first king and
    feels that she does everything for
    that first king as if the king had
    been special to Clete. He fears not
    having such a place in her heart.”

4. minar

minar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally get what you mean. I think the issue is how Tita and Lucas are perceived. Lucas is 1000 years old. But he's drawn to look like an attractive teen and looks like athy's age. Can you imagine if spoon had actually drew Lucas to look his age? Like some wise old sage? People would cry FBI and suddenly, no one would be okay with the ship lol.

Tita looks like a child and is mentally a child while the MC is a beautiful and mature older woman. Athy looks like a child, but is mentally a consenting adult and also that Lucas did not take on the role as a nurturing parent. I believe that as tita ages and becomes more of a snacc and less of a baby you want to protecc, people's acceptance of the pair will become more positive. Also, I do want to mention that this story is literally no different than Hana to akuma. But Hana to akuma was so well received...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  5. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they mentioned that Tita was 15 years old and crown prince Michael was 18 to 19 that time. Considering the original novel plot when Tita was 18 the crown prince will die and he will be recognize as the Emperor son

noula, Celebrianna, Jian Yue and 39 others like this.
  6. xcxndyxcanex

xcxndyxcanex Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can go on bato.to it's up to chapter 10

7. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got the latest chapter 21 in another site

Im Who Im likes this.
  8. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it in mangadex, guys. The translator upload the chapter in mangadex, and other site stole it.

9. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Brothers and sisters, heed my words! Although it may not be obvious with a cursory glance, please do not neglect to realize that this is still a spoiler thread after all. Whether or not you think the relationship is okay has no relevance whatsoever. If you want to argue about it, please do so elsewhere.

noula, Lucy_, kingini and 32 others like this.
  10. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uploaders in bato were strictly taught that they should ask permission from the original translation group in mangadex first before posting mangas/manhwas/manhuas. You probably noticed that not all of the ones from dex are in bato unlike some other mangasites who would rather steal from dex. I hope this statement would clear that up.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Bella94, Im Who Im, MiyaMira and 2 others like this.
  11. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw anymore spoilers?

12. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    ty for the spoilers ! I just realized this got a manhwa adaptation, I had no idea ! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

13. crispyliza

crispyliza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the Mc and the child she raised become romantically involved????? Why are so many manhwas like that?????? This is creepy af. Many of you guys here are probably underage and can't exactly understand how wrong this is (I was the same back in the day) but when you become adults you'll get it and condemn these pedophilic stories as well. I'm dropping this

14. diti.ing

diti.ing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree it's weird but honestly, I think it's unfair to blame the FL for this. She practically only sees him as a child for almost half of the novel, from what I can see. Besides, it's the ML that's stubbornly chasing after her, and the FL quite literally did nothing to cause his behavior. So all I can say is that whatever this comes under, it's definitely not child grooming or anything like that because the FL still treated him like a kid even after he grew up.

And there's something I've always wondered about with immortal characters that have lived a very long time. Many get defensive over the age difference and stuff but wouldn't it be really quite difficult for them to treat others as equals? This might seem out-of-topic since I only got this thought after making my own immortal character. I really don't know how these kinds of characters would end up falling in love unless the other person is obviously much younger than them.

The case that's protested in this novel is the fact that the FL raised the ML, but even though they were really close, wasn't it obvious from the ML's POV that what he felt for her wasn't like a feeling for a parent?

This part is actually there in the manhwa already, but I gave it a spoiler tag just in case. Also, I really think Tita wouldn't be this fearful about Clete abandoning him if Devit hadn't brought up that fear in him.

One day, Tita (the ML) goes to the garden with his pet for a walk. He was actually told to only take a short walk and get back before the sun sets because that day was a very unique day. It was the day that a moon called Devit comes out and strengthens the spirits all around. While looking at the blue roses which reminded Tita of Clete's eyes, he pricks his finger. It catches the attention of a very strong spirit. (later assumed to be Devit, according to Clete's suspicions.)

Devit appears in the form of Clete and asks for his name. He tells her it's Tita, but the spirit disagrees and asks for the name embedded in his soul, saying that once he tells her his name, he can stay with her forever. He almost tells her but realizes something is wrong because he had already told Clete her name when they first met. So he realizes it's not Clete but an imposter. His powers are actually really strong, so he manages to fight her off and faints in the garden. Clete and the butler realize they forgot to warn Tita and desperately start searching for him.

Clete finds him unconscious in the garden. After taking him inside, she tries to use recovery spells but they don't work. Then, she uses mental magic, which is highly risky, to enter Tita's mind. This spell was used around 3-4 times by the OG Clete but it was our FL's first time using it. Once inside, she's able to hear some of Tita's thoughts, which is what proves my point. (ISTG I rant too much. I didn't even have to say this much but I did it just because I felt like doing it on a whim.) Some of his thoughts include:

"Playing Pretend, The Do-Nothing Game, they are boring."
    "Still, I like Her Highness. I like her the most in the world. Even more than my mom!"

Although his thoughts are naive and childish like an actual child in this scene, his reaction towards Clete was a lot more different after this incident. If you check the manhwa, you'll get my point (Or maybe it's just me who sees it like that? After all, perspectives are different for everyone.)

And lastly, it would be better if we only did discussions and spoilers on this thread instead of further talking about the FL and ML like this. I believe there are better places to discuss that instead of doing it here anyway. It's also ironic of me to be the one saying this after this entire gigantic rant about them lol. But I'm pretty sure a majority of the people here are there for the spoilers, so it would be really annoying to them too.

15. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yessss. Please stop with the grooming and age-gap discussion. Honestly, I don't care about any of it. I'm here for the spoiler. I mean, this is what the thread was made for right? If you still want to continue discussing abouy grooming/age-gap please, please make a new thread! Honestly this SPOILER thread is filled with age-gap/grooming discussion rather than actual SPOILER. Please, no more discussion about that. I put this thread on watch and everytime I check this, instead of actual SPOILER, I got another post about people discussing the age gap. I just have enoughhh. Please stop itttt. Honestly I don't want to read your opinion in THIS thread. I'm here for SPOILER.

16. ellenaandrs

ellenaandrs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then drop it. why the hell are you here anyway if you are so bothered by this? can you even read? for godsake this is named spoiler thread for a reason. mind you that this not your personal diary and of course darling, your personal opinion is not needed.

kingini, Scarks, engengeng19 and 35 others like this.
  17. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats not always true. The new uploaders dont seem to care anymore. I asked a group if they were uploading to batoto and they said no. Their work is still being uploaded to the site to this day. They do receive credit, the uploader made a page for them,but theyre not personally uploading.

Anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for fl to accept ml? How does her even living forever work?

Bella94, Darcy, Rin.rinaaa and 3 others like this.
  18. Zsamia Savage

Zsamia Savage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf..This is why people cant even write a good fiction without other being too sensitive. Drop the fickin manga if you find it creepy and go find something that doesnt gives you the heebeegeebeez. Honestly. From what I see its a basic fantasy plot. An immortal being romantically involved with someone younger. Whether he grew up along side her or nah. The story aint even about grooming and you hobos keep twisting it. The good intention of the author who just wanna visualize her story Idea got corrupted because of you assholes. The story is even innocent. The plot is about a witch who was told to raise a child and she did so but she put in more effort this time to stop her impending doom as such the child instead as he grew up developed a romantic love for her and now the dillema is that she cant see him other than the kid whom she took care of and the plot goes to how thr witch will slowly see him as a potential love interest from just a little boy. Its a basic plot. Stop it! Either drop this or suck it up. I want discussion about story events not your stupid morals ruining a FANTASY FICTION story for me. Read a school drama or something. Try inso's law perhaps, move there and disappear from here. People who is here to just genuinely look for spoilers cuz they enjoy the manga cant see what they are looking for.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  19. Sherlockisk

Sherlockisk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay guys can we end this discussion of wheather or not we should read this manhwa or not and wheather it is morally right, because it is literally a story and people should have the freedom to read and write whatever kind of stories they want

On that note I need spoilers. Does the ML became a butler or emperor ? Does the MC still stay a witch ? What is the ending like ?

20. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is morally wrong. By the way these are the things I also badly want to know.

Faye30 likes this.