Spoiler The Ugly Man’s Big Transformation

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    XuanYuanTin, Leir, maya_sov and 11 others like this.
  2. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    *tosses more confetti* someone quick spoilers please.:aww::aww:

Kalione, Novel otaku desu and kly like this.
  3. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, spoilers! :p

Novel otaku desu and kly like this.
  4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I see the same author as Are You Addicted and Counterattack. So my expectations are immediately higher... I'm also expecting a silly but not feminine uke. Hopefully I'm right lol.

5. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    whoaah Chai Jidan! i just hope it won't be a tragedy like cold sands! & @alexfilia, you give lot danmei <3 idk when will i even manage to finish all ahh :sweating_profusely:

6. Novel otaku desu

Novel otaku desu 『R0 Trickster』『Sleeping Fox』『Desucchi』

Reading List:
    Link
    thx >.>
    how did u find so many bl novels in a short time.... this will take forever for me to read with my slow pace reading (though it is okay as i will have so many bl novel to read XD)

7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    This one i saw on NU yday! ....all the others were suggested by various people but mostly @scriptor :D
    unless you know how to read or are very good at MTL none of those novels have any chaps out yet
    (or 1-2)

kiara8 and scriptor like this.
  8. Kalione

Kalione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the generous soul who will provide some spoilers? Tried to MTL but today it doesn't seem like my brain is cooperating T_T English is not my native languageand my chinese is just stubstandard so please correct me if i'm wrong.
    what i understood of my first reading
    Main character's name is translated as Chen Youzai and he seems to be really ugly for his society standards - modern day China. Though despite his ugly appearance he is described as someone who enjoys getting attention and has a "Weird personality". He wants to get back at his classmates who continuously mock him and bully because of his appearance. Somehow - don't ask me details cuz i didn't understand it well - he manages to come across an uncle who is sealed in a pond /lake -? - and he saves him. The uncle is not only thankful but also he's willing to reward him with whatever MC desire's. MC says he doesn't desire anything particularly and his only desire is difficult to accomplish but still uncle insists in listening and MC admits finally that he wants to at least have average looks. Uncle sighs and admits that it may be difficult to grant his wish but he says he has a soul transfer ability and as long as MC has some silver coins he intends to give him MC as well will be able to transfer his soul to other bodies, be able to protect other souls from stealing his body and even restore his body(?) MC is sceptic at first but still obediently learns under the tutolage of the lake uncle

Leir, Ivivivi, haruruchi and 4 others like this.
  9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    That uncle Sound so sketchy

10. Kalione

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed he does :D He sounds like a character of cautionary tales parents tell their kids except that instead of giving candy he gives coins kkk I don't know what kind of role he will have in the future but i'm certainly interested
    The ownership of the coin is transferred to Chen Youzai, He is the only one able to see the coin and also in case he loses it he doesn't seem to be possible for other people to use its powers.
    It seems that all the interactions he had with the lake uncle were a dream or at least he was under the impression that he was dreaming. That's why when he wakes up and sees the coin he freaks out. When he tries to show the coin to his mother - obviously she can't see it and thinks he is acting stupid. After going over the initial shock, MC is happy and realizes that relying on the silver coin he may even become an immortal. He starts laughing like a madman until his mother - who i assume to be Chen Mou giving him a look.
    He attempts to test his theory and his mother ends up becoming his guinea-pig. Can't understand well this part but he interacts with a neighbor on his mother's body. He doesn't stay long and restores his identity, when his mother recovers her conscious she doesn't remember anything and MC is shameless enough to complain that he is hungry and ask when will she finish the breakfast. That's when she notices that the omulette rice she was making turned completly black and she gets angry because she can't remember anything and blames her old age finally kicking.
    Meanwhile MC is excited about his new powers and of course he intends on making a full use of them.
    This is for now

Leir, Ivivivi, haruruchi and 3 others like this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel so please tell me, is this a transmigration novel? If not, the pic is really misleading

12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    the prologue and the first chapter dont really make sense orz ....the prologue was set as a palace story and now the rest of the chaps are set in the modern world

13. Kalione

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it did not make sense to me in the begining as well but the author wraps up the begining quite nicely - at least to me
    Yes, it is a transmigrating novel and i think the author meant to build up and give some background about MC personality and how he ended up in the past. That's why it starts with him in the modern world and the way he acquired the ability of exchanging bodies. I'm still in the early chapters though and my chinese is not really good. And because i'm not a native speaker takes even more time to me to MTL so there may have been things i didn't see or understood wrong. But for now i'm already in chapter 11.

Now that MC realizes how cheat like the coin is he is determined to put his plans into motion. He goes to school and overhears his "love rival" asking his crush to a date after school. He schemes to use the coin in order to cause mistrust between the couple. Except that when he manages to get the body of his rival not only his crush rejects him but also it is clear she finds him disgusting - my heartu aches for him :cry: - so depressed he returns home. He attempts to get rid of the coin in rage only aftewards to panic when he realizes he doesn't really want to lose it. He has the "ingenious" idea of wishing to become the most handsome man in the world. Of course the coin grants his wish, but... he has a nasty surprise kkk....
    He wakes up in a weak body and even his neck has an ancient biding device. He becomes anxious because he never expected to become a prisioner and because of his confusion he ends up being hit by his guard. He doesn't have a choice but follow the rest of the prisioners

Leir, Ivivivi, haruruchi and 5 others like this.
  14. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is new. Not lot transmigration story gives us modern world as opening story. Usually their only show the modern time through memories here and there.
    Also I still can't understand with the mc, based on summary, cause he just a normal boy albeit ugly. But nobody really abuse him, just a normal (by standard society now) bullying, and not Without cause, some or the bullying was cause by himself. By the girl point of view, mc was harrasing the girl. You can fault the girl to be disgust by mc (he ugly, he's an attention seeker, can't understand human language of NO i don't like you)

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobunsure::blobunsure:Now that you phrased it like that, I don't feel like reading this either if that is how the MC is

scriptor likes this.
  16. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Chai Jidan, so i rly want to read it, but why the mc's like that ??? =,= unless the author want to show/teach him that appearance is not everything through transmigration ??? (since he's a prisoner there)

WagKalimutan, alexfilia and ludagad like this.
  17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    This author usually leaves some growth for her characters throughout the novel. I can't be sure about this one, but I'll trust her for now.

Misaki Yata, alexfilia and clear like this.
  18. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    so the mc who is a bratt went into the body of a prisoner being tortured .....that would be ....intresting?

19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot sounds too heavy for my tastes, like I can't get over the unfair treatment the MC's host body is getting. The ML (my guess) is treating him badly because he hates his father while he also wants to fuck him and humiliate him. That guy probably has some feelings for the ML though, seeing that he killed his own father, I'm kinda guessing it was for ML's sake. Yet ML still keeps unfairly misplacing his hatred for the father onto the son. And then the dude gets his body hijacked by a modern boy, whom I also feel bad about. I don't want this modern boy to suffer in someone else's body for something he didn't do. I don't want the ML to fall for the guy when he has another soul stuck in his body. This story has a lot of elements I personally dislike or feel are unfair. So I'll probably wait for a lot more chapters and read spoilers meanwhile, in order to see what direction it takes.

When it comes to plot, I enjoyed Counterattack by this author. But when it comes to male leads - Gu Hai of Are You Addicted. So I'll wait and see whether there's something in this story that would be its strong point and make it worthwhile to read.

Kittsune, kiara8, Kalione and 3 others like this.
  20. Kalione

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this spoilers kind of killed my hype of reading this. I really found the beginning unusual that's why I kept Mtling but as @ludagad said I also don't want MC to suffer for other people's mistakes and it seems like the former host deserves sympathy as well. I was expecting something light-hearted, I'm not sure I'll enjoy this.

Kittsune, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.