LCD The Ultimate Evolution

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It says 1455 chaps on NU.

Status in COO
    17 Volumes / 1455 Chapters (Complete)

And on Comrade Mao (MTL site) it seems to be the same. Only weird thing is that it says the last volume on CM is volume 12, but on NU it says there's 17 volumes.

I checked this a while back cause I ended up reading to chapter 1430 and it doesn't feel like the novel can properly end in 25 chapters.

2. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I've been thinking it wasn't going to end well if 1455 is the end. 1454 and 1455 are up now, I haven't read them yet. I think webnovel is splitting the last chapter into parts, because it's shows current count of chapters in my library at 1457 (56 + 57 being locked behind premium at the moment -_- and 57 called final chapter part 2)

I almost had hope for a second it was going to keep going til I saw the chapter name.

3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read 1454 and 1455. Ugh, going with the whole The One ( movie where Jet Li tries to murder his parallel universe versions of himself to become all powerful) with a nerf was still okay I guess.

Tying this whole novel with Ace Evolution (that only has a teaser tled up to ch 3) was very much not okay since it reminds of the Terror Infinity and Infinity Dawn connections and that was shit too. Not to mention the reveal so far is very discouraging along with the fact you could see this plot thread being unsatisfying as far back as Sheyan's first info gathering on Bind and hearing how this organisation is hunting all young Han Chinese contestants.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1456 reminds me of the movie Jet Li - The One might have to watch that again

Astaroth and userunfriendly like this.
  5. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed it very much. :p Jet Li is great. Though Hero was his best.:D Do watch Black Mask...almost unknown in the US, it had some of his best martial arts.:blobhero:

jimmy1989 likes this.
  6. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, the author admitted the idea is from that movie. While I don't mind the idea itself, the way it was rearranged is dislikeable since it seems the author is trying to explain away the whole damn novel based on it and is couching it in more of his made up sciencey explanations which I hate ( remember the Granite Beasts, okay footnote, but then the whole their feces are prime health coffee was brought up to a frankly uncomfortable degree ugh) but could gloss over up until now as it was background crap not important once you read further along ( like his world building of 2012, the saving grace of this arc is how many settings he crammed in succesfully in it and made it all work and then almost wrecked it again with "Glorious China smartest and most unified!" ) or his magnetic crap babble about planet Pandora/Eyva that arc was saved by his sudden yet well forethought invasion of a rogue Zerg brood summoned by Sheyan.

Same here with all the source points, Ten strongest ( huge letdown as it led to 10 strongest of a dying 1gen Realm, not the currently advancing to 3rd gen Realm Sheyan belongs to ) being mere cloned tools for MC of previous work to manipulate while attempting to kill current MC. But no crossover to the rescue because Ace Evolution never kicked off farther( for us who don't know Chinese anyway) than Fang Lin's entering the (apparently defective Realm) with prologue plus 3 chapters and not way to understand the base this seemingly shit plot was built upon.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, when I read that part I just took a moment to think of how that was probably the very first time in this novel the author did something like that and how much stuff about other countries and cultures there's been (Heck, MC and family is living in Taiwan of all places.).

And considering there was even a chapter where the U.S. was stated to be the most powerful country (I'm pretty sure it was during the 2012 arc as well) I'd rather just believe the author's social credit score had been tanking too hard over the course of this novel so he had to make some pro-china stuff to meet some criteria or something.

As for the actual ending, Idk about the tie in with his previous novel, that seems kind of decent? (Especially compared to most webnovel endings.) But someone would've had to translate it and it would have to be a good enough novel for me to bother to read it...

Worst part for me is still just how 30 chapters or so before the ending it felt like the novel should go on for another 300-500 chapters.

Chance likes this.
  8. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    I knwo right? Like all the cool stuff like Aladdin's Magic Lamp. And LoTR's Sauron considered just a powerful dark being ( in an arc where his mere attention and distant bestowal of power, support and authority shaped whole battlefronts) but it was just a mere fact it didnt sound fake since at the same time you know what kind of enemies contend against him and while either weaker or far more restricted for different reasons, they still stopped him in the original, seeing Cardinal become merely another contestant of Sheyan's overall level who could truly be killed and what that means for possible future powers, enemies and progress. Ents finding Holy Lands in places filled woth nuclear radiation, hearing that's what made the LoTR's World Tree so great and looking forward how Ents would evolve in Earth's environment.

Sanzi getting off his butt and forced to be serious ( like the Chosen who faced Sheyan in Men in Black, arrogant, but she had reason to be given her skills and abilities ), Zi's unknown gains from Star Wars ( always brough up just enough to tease us), Reef's seemingly gaining full on Paladin powers akin to Warcraft's Holy Light ( just as example), the party levels and further benefits from those as well as dangers that could present themselves when trying to fulfill conditions to upgrade it.... i could go on, but the short of it is that this was a whole (multi)verse that ( even if done mostly directly jacking other people's settings and as such more fanfiction than original ) was done well amd with care and had lots more to offer than what is presented in these final chapters which are severely lacking compared to before.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong with Terror Infinity and Dawn Infinity? Dawn just takes place some time after Terror Infinity.

10. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you want spoilers? Somebody provided them online ( first translator for TI a032 did I think, in comments on glossary of his blog where it was first posted)

Terror Infinity's Chu Xuan decided to play with artificial human creation like his own creators and made/modified a world from which the protagonist in Dawn Infinity comes from. That's right the Arcanist enhancement using protag is Chu Xuan's clone. Didn't seem hidden for people who read through TI freshly enough to connect the dots, as current MC has many trademark copypasted traits of Chu Xuan while still having many of his own quirks developed from growing up differently. Don't his self hypnosis, acquired skills and beginner bugged stats seem too good to be true? Because they are. Chu Xuan not only made him, the organization that pushed him firther to develop desperately with plenty of reason and power to do so despite the Xuan implanted potential was also amde to mold him into a perfect specimen for the God of Terror Infinity. The self hypnosis also seems awfully familiar once you remember Chu Xuan's means of the self hypno glasses he used before his emerging 4th stage genetic lock started to create trouble from gaining emotion awkwardly. And how he suppressed it. With provided inspiration from testing a psyche melding device which allowed Zheng to dive into the mind of the dual personality assassin girl Chu Xuan seems to have developed more internal means of pushing the self into a faux 1st gen lock stage as a bridge towards the real thing.

11. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    He gets revived at the end of the novel. The Muslim guy is also on the team.

12. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah knew all that. Read most of the raws.
    If I remember correctly it was Team Devil's Chu Xuan responsible for his clone Chu Hao. May be wrong. Before the final battle in TI. TDXuan made a clone of himself. Then that clone went puppet master and tries to take over God's Realm. This is after orginal and TDclone are dead. This clone then makes the mc of Dawn Chu Hao who exist in one of the Final Destination mission worlds. Not earth like Zheng and orginal Xuan are from, if that even was the orginal earth.

13. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Where am I? What thread is this?

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I ended up reading the novel a while after posting that anyway, but thanks

Speaking of which, it was so predictable that Aziz would join. But from how easy and quickly he joined Team Ace, you could really tell that the novel was already being rushed during the final Lord of the Rings arc. Though the arc itself was actually pretty good.

15. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Book felt like there would be another 500 chapters.

Haiku575 and Astaroth like this.
  16. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the last few chapters yet, but I agree. Sheyan just reached the level where he could start to contend with the "bigbois" but nope, just done.

17. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    does anybody know if the prequel and sequel will be translated or which project @sean88888 will take

18. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda hated the ending.

Also who was kind enough to play Sheyan a history / research video related to his current predicament while unknowingly in a trap so he could figure it out and escape from said trap?

19. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the ending, i feel the author couldnt be bothered anymore and rushed it to a sloppy horrible ending. Good job i dont pay for that and that reminds me of why i generally dont pay for sh#t i donate towards the decent novels thats about it.

20. Rarylith

Rarylith Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose there will be a follow up story, right?