Spoiler The Villain’s Mother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Please correct me..
    you know, when I read that the ori!host prefer MC's life. I am thinking what is MC's previous life that she like??
    What I remember is,
    - MC is not really pretty.
    - Not rich, I think she must do some hard working there.
    - and of course single, right??

So, the ori!host is prefer that kind of life over her totally beautiful self, rich, married? So, do you think she prefer to have a single life, freedom etc?? Maybe like I can do what I want without some burden and no one can tell me another???.:blobconfused::blobconfused:

bleedingliar24, Sheddy and Fuyuneko like this.
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @soie_yoie
    .....Am sorry but 'realistic'??? @nuttyreader
    Okay, lets say, realistic, she is a realistic.
    If she is realistic and the 1st hubby is in the wrong, what abt the 2nd hubby?
    I also read this novel, not once but twice since I like it. And I know when I say, she's realistic but for her own convenience self not other, not even to her parents, child and husbands. Remember, she gave birth to the child bcoz she wants to have a good life, free from a certain Jane Austen character.

Marriage is two way just like @soie_yoie said, need two to tango shit like that. If her 'realistic' action to her 2nd husband is different and she doesnt abandon her child even though her parents and her 2nd husband are willing to take care of the child. Yes, I'd believe this is all the fault of the 1st husband for not taking more action.
    And maybe, why the 1st husband ignores her bcoz she ignores her child?? The 1st husband priority is the child since their marriage cannot be saved.
    It takes two to tango.

Since I also read this novel. I'll stick to my opinion. Unless, MTL did me wrong LOL

soie_yoie likes this.
  3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did she prefer her life? It's not certain that the OrMC went to TransMC body.
    I read too many novel with the same theme (I even made a list), pls also correct me if I'm wrong.
    Beside, if she didnt want burden, why'd she go to the 1st husband room and did that? Nobody told her to do that. The 1st husband accepted the 'meal' coz she provided it.
    She could unload the burden (the child) to her parents after the 1st husband died, no need to abandon and surrender the child to stranger. Her parents loved the grandson, and angry at her for doing that. And her 2nd husband loved her so much, he even willing to adopt the son. Her parent loved her, didnt ask for anything but she ignored them even the neighbor said the 1st husband was their son and she was the in law for the lack of love and caring.
    She is just lousy mother and lousy human.

nicomcla1995 likes this.
  4. Justpassingthrough

Justpassingthrough Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL didn't do you wrong.

If the original FL wanted a happy marriage she had two chances. She didn't take either. You could say that the first Husband (ML) didn't like her so she stayed away but what about the second one? He genuinely loved her. She's happy to take their money but she's unwilling to do anything in return. She's basically a parasite. The first time round when she schemed the ML you could say she was being "realistic". With her background and education thats the only way she could have achieved the kind of wealth she wanted. But after getting what she wants she doesn't do anything in return or do anything useful with her wealth.

She's not evil cus she doesn't try to take over all the family wealth or over do it. But she is in no way a decent person. I wouldn't call her a strong FL. Just an extremely selfish one. She doesn't give a damn about her father who worked so hard to raise her or her mother who loved her. She couldn't even be bothered with her child after the child served its purpose of getting her a wealthy ATM.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  5. Justpassingthrough

Justpassingthrough Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the other hand, I greatly appreciate the ML.
    Its the first time I've read about a ML who actually accepts the fact that he is also partially at fault for the situation. He doesn't go around being the victim going "she schemed me". He knew what he was doing and the consequences and he took responsibility for it. He's also honest enough to admit that the only reason he did it was because she had a pretty face.
    The kind of ML is rarer than Phoenix feathers.
    He didn't like the oriFL but he would have put up with her for the sake of the kid. But he realized early on that she wanted nothing to do with the kid so he kept his distance.
    He treated her a lot better than she deserved.

6. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps she felt her parents weren't good parents to her and wouldn't be good guardians for her son? Being super doting and spoiling to a grandson isn't the same as being a good parent. It's not like she tossed her son into the gutter, she found him a couple that badly wanted to have kids but couldn't. It would have been less work for her to toss her son to her parents, but for some reason, she took the extra step to find possibly more suitable parents to him.

I feel her parents' arrangement isn't ideal, it's so uneven. On the other hand, everyone is free to have whatever kind of married life they want, so I don't feel I should judge them. I think the original Ruan Xia modeled her relationships based on her parents (i.e. her only responsibility is to be pretty, which she's done.) I haven't finished reading the novel yet, and I hope the author clarifies what is that original Ruan Xia feels about her parents.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    bleedingliar24 and Aeiru28 like this.
  7. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just my opinion. somewhat I think a 'burden' for her is more to maybe beauty (of course responsibility is next).

Like how fuyu said, based on what the mom and dad relationship (mom is just being a beauty self), I think ori!host thinking is, for a real beauty woman, it's only good is for people's view. And beauty itself is dangerous.

IF, ori!host takeover MC's original life (somehow I feel that it is implied in MTL), then her become not a beauty itself is a heaven send for her. She can do work without worrying some boss try to get her into bed, or maybe some co-workers gossiping her as fox lady/seducer behind her back etc.

of course this is just my opinion... but still she is a really an example of a selfish lady, hmm

bleedingliar24, Lykalee and Fuyuneko like this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fuyuneko @Aeiru28
    By logic of decent human, any child under 5 should be with the closest relative when the parents are dead or incapable to take care due to certain reason. Super doting and spoiling grandson is better than for a son to live with stranger as his new parents.
    I believe this OrMC is incapable of showing kindness and caring to others even to her parents and child. Her reluctance in giving love or just a bit care to her son while the 1st husband is still alive already etched in her son. The climax is how she abandons him when his only caring parent dies, she leaves him. Yes, maybe she has reason and it's for the son's greater good etc.
    However, the proof to how destructive her action (abandoning her son) is how her son turning into villain, and how eventhough his adoptive parents are kind to him, he still cannot open to them, and he takes revenged to her 2nd husband.
    Her parents are kind to her. They are very much loving to each other. Her father alw cooks for her too. Hmm.....I dont have the impression the author wrote the mother of only being a beauty or if her parents relations isnt ideal....well, I shall wait for update from fuyu ^^

Well, they're not real people, it's fiction, so I will freely judge them. If I have a real friend like her, I might complain to other friend LOL
    I wanna have fun in reading and theorizing with people that like the same work.
    Btw, we share opinion here. I think we're having a good conversation here.
    If my words sound rude, pls forgive me.

9. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow... lots of opinions coming out now :blobparty:

Alrighty, here are my responses.....

1. OriFL may have transferred to the other side - this is a guess as long as mtl did not fail. FL has a feeling that the oriFL does not want to come back. This seems to show that she maybe living her life. This is pure conjecture from mtl and I think I said that too.
    2. Frankly, on the realistic life that I feel the oriFL lives can be considered a pessimistic life as well. Beautiful females who are not FL in a novel can have very bad consequences depending on the situation. If they are poor, the possibilities can be even worse though even rich people can have the bad stuff happen. We have seen enough movies, news, and just stories of the past to know what I mean. So to be as safe as possible and of course live a good life, she did what she did. Do we agree..... no but as the Jane Austen pride and prejudice FL best friend said, she wants to be free from want. That’s a very realistic look on life. Of course, this is a novel so she got a good looking rich ML who treats her ok unlike that loser from the other novel.
    3. Relationship - this does go both ways. That is why I think the ML could have tried. I really didn’t see him try at all and - if my memory doesn’t fail me - the marriage contract that they had was very dry. Like I said, these two are icebergs having a child. Frankly, The marriage is exactly like the previous old school marriages where family picked the person to marry. If the couple is lucky, they fall in love .... if not, I really don’t know how much different it is to rape.
    4. The only difference with the new FL, she is willing to try to have an actual relationship with the ML and child. Other than that, the thought process is the same. She is meh about everything. There really is no true emotions in this story. It’s all about responsibility and thoughts of that nature. There is no love per se or strong emotions other than the second husband which was brought out as an antagonist since there are no strong emotions. Oh wait, the poor child.... there is affection but love???? I don’t know... not the way the story is written.

Due to the meh of emotions, this was technically interesting but really didn’t bring out anything while reading it. A solid 3. No fireworks, no thump thump of heart beat..... just a straight straight line of events.

10. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this put a financial burden on the family,when the dad worked. After that they never expanded on it.

It was stated in the novel she was ashamed of her family because they are poor not because of neglect.

You said it yourself. "She wanted to get pregnant", but of course after she got what she wanted she pretty much abandoned him. She didnt have to produce him. She made the decision to have a child and then abandoned her responsibility.

You can blaim everyone for having a bad life, but when are you going to own up to your bad decision? Of course its always everyone else's fault. Its ml's fault original host got pregnant (sarcasm). Its her parents fault for her poor life's choices(sarcasm). Of course. Of course. Its must be mc's fault original host never got to be a good mother. Because original host would never do bad thing otherwise?

Lol i wonder if this would work under court for child abandonment reasons. "Well it was because i had bad parents" lol?

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with @soie_yoie
    I was asking myself whether the novel we read are the same or MTL was wrong coz I dont remember I read anything abt all that in @azuma0305 quote.
    Her parents didnt ignore her, her mother didnt focus on herself or her beauty and didnt indulge her. Her mother loves her, her father too. They are a family of low middle class, poor family that couldnt afford luxury but her parents give her everything and anything she wants.
    Her father loves doing the chores and cooking, there's nothing wrong with this. Instead she mocks her father for being poor and weak not because he's doing the chores but because he's unable to make more money.

12. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. So weird i remember reading the parents loving the original host and aleays wanted her to visit.

But they knew original host was ashamed of them.

I wonder if all the new info is from the ending extra with the original host pov that i didn't read. Cus i dont remember any of these.

nicomcla1995 and azuma0305 like this.
  13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also dont remember chapter with Ori MC POV, or maybe the site I read from didnt have it? *shrug*
    I check just now. This novel hs 107chapter, and the there's no extra chapter as far as I know. Ic heck 3 sites just to be sure.
    Well, for me it doesnt matter what Or MC think/feel but if her action proves otherwise...what's the use? We're or her parents/her son are not mind reader.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    azuma0305 and soie_yoie like this.
  14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I kept asking myself what is the emotionally abused(neglect=emotional abuse) by her own mother you kept talking here?? Coz it surely dont exist.
    Unless you're talking abt how her parents work hard to give her whatever she wants yet she still demeans them just because they are poor! or how her mother keeps giving her whatever she needs as emotional abuse.
    Please redirect us to where or which chapter this part you read.

nicomcla1995, azuma0305 and soie_yoie like this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And what's wrong with her father being meek and obedient? Maybe because he knows his inability to make money instead he thinks of what he can do more, that is cooking and helping his wife and just spoiling her daughter.
    I think what's her mother meant is they should've taught her to not be cold and more strictly. Because Ori MC demeans her parents inability to be rich, her attitude and behavior toward them are cold, dont like to listen to them kinda behavior, and it makes her parents a bit scare of her and difficult.

16. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i guess we can agree to dissagree. I agree with @Kaylee . Because from what i read. Her parents loved her, but her parents were poor so the orginal host was ashamed of them. Also she did think her dad was weak.

Also yes her son desperately loved her. If you read in the begining, he was so attached to mc because he was afraid he was gonna be left at his grandparents. Also mc commented how he seems loved deprived.

Then in a dream to mc, original host was like yeah you can have that body. Like you can have my issues.

bleedingliar24, azuma0305 and Kaylee like this.
  17. azuma0305

azuma0305 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    soie_yoie likes this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, no wonder. I read several with almost the same theme, so I alw tried to rmb which story this is. Even the titles are almost the same LOL It can be confusing.
    I was goign to argue more XD coz it's what the author wrote, it's clearly written there. You're free tho to make interpretation of open ending or the like.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Self isolation, so has free time XD

It's not clear whether she transferred to the other side imo, it just written she gave up her life to TragMC. But I shall wait for translation.

I dont have problem with how she went and did that to ML, it's just another survival thing. As long as she was conscious abt it and responsible to it. I mean, if she's not pregnant would she get what she wanted? Her true purpose was securing an ATM to have a convenient life.

I think you meant, OriMC and ML could have tried. Coz I dont read/see she tried. As you said, both ways. It's not months but years, they had 4/5years of marriage. If only ML tried but OriMC didnt respond....it wouldnt result in anything.
    If she's not pregnant, ML would just marry her and from ML principle knowing that she didnt have romantic feeling toward him, they would divorce in a year also giving her alimony. Instead, for 4year she continued the marriage for the sake of ATM not the son or her family. Why I believe ML would marry her and give her money? Coz he wanted a family, his parents died, his aunt embezzled the insurance etc.

Hahaha, :LOL: but for me this is a bit realistic, so I kinda like it. It's not written in teen lit kinda way which is good :X3:

nicomcla1995 and bleedingliar24 like this.
  20. elaii03

elaii03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i just insert the funny reason why Qin Yu totally gave up. Is because he say Ruan Xia bargaining with vendors in the marketplace. He totally "Who is this? This is not the wife he knows. " hahahaha!! He totally run away from the marketplace