Spoiler The Villain Has Something To Say

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    well the story inside the books MC found... the real protag in there... what was his real intentions and characteristics and whats the real plot in there that the scum protag wanted to duplicate...

also in the end of the first life of MC... was scum protag revealed later on to be the true mastermind behind those attacks???

2. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

hmm, in the books it was kind of from a 3rd person perspective and the protag in this wasn't portrayed as the villain. the MC was just portrayed as one of the villains and the protag was a normal disciple? it's just like reading a book about a young hero and his journey to immortality and getting a harem and vanquishin villains. and MC was one of the starter villains portrayed in the book (it didn't descirbe MC's feelings or so, it was all from the protag's perspective)
    the point is that in the book, the story was about the protag, what really happened and how the other people felt wasn't described. like the accident: the protag didn't know he was the cause of the brother's death, he also believed that MC was a villain, etc.
    BUT that's not the real point here anyway: now, when MC reincarnated, someone from the modern world transmigrated into the protag's body. so this person is now the protag and he regards this world as a fantasy book that he really liked and looks forward to all the happenings bc in the end, he will have a harem. this transmigrated protag's character is quite scummy and villainous, bc in the first chapter he was willing to sacrifice his childhood friend just to get the plot developing further. the scum protag's goal is to reduplicate certain happenings so he can get his happy end with his harem.
    MC doesn't know that the original protag was changed, btw.

...hmm, it sounds quite confusing. but the main reason for the appearance of the book is that MC can look and know how it really happened from another prespective, because he didn't know the cause for all this hate from the sect people in his first life.

3. V.A.L

V.A.L Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia it seems that the stories from this author have started being tagged with "mo huan chen" to access all her stories easily, can you also tag this story please ? :D

4. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    How can a book even justify MC as a villain? I mean he was being framed...for the things protag does... I know that the villains have a side too but they usually are malicious and actually did something bad...

5. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    …Plot armor does lots of things
    Edit: “the author purposefully makes the personality of protagonist really nasty to justify it”
    someone said this awhile back and I really liked it

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  6. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia I think this needs authors name tag to group it with their other works.

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author's name is actually Mo Chen Huan, going by the Chinese characters in it: 莫晨欢 so if the tag is gonna be used, please use Mo Chen Huan instead.

mereumsama likes this.
  8. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Has this been picked up? Perhaps I could do one chapter as a teaser to encourage someone to pick it for reals?

Fiorisi, MikotoP and Mosstree like this.
  9. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been silently lurking this thread since forever hoping that I'd see someone translate it one day. I mean, practically every one of Mo Chen Huan's novels is being translated except for this one, and that's a crying shame because this novel is epic. Even without the BL, it's fantastic xianxia: plotty and heart-wrenching at times. And the teacher-disciple relationship...my god, I died and went to heaven. So yes, a heartfelt +1 for a translation. I will lurk forever if I have to.

10. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A translation, even if just one chapter would be great! Please do!

11. bowlofwarmsoup

bowlofwarmsoup Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I translated and published the first chapter if you want to read it.
    However I can't post links (yet) so I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. (I tried to make it easier)
    https://eggdroptl.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/tvhss-ch-01/#more-83
    edit: i have link posting privileges now!

I took that "something" to mean that he treated his master's teachings with great respect. Also I'm planning to upload this series to NU very soon so is it OK if I use your summary (with some alteration)?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm praying to any kind soul who wouldn't mind translating this novel cuz it sounds so goooodd 。゚(TヮT)゚。

13. bowlofwarmsoup

bowlofwarmsoup Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on interest (from me and other people, but mostly me) I might translate more chapters, not sure if I can do the whole 150 by myself though as I am my own team of translator and editor

Fiorisi likes this.
  14. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy enough to know you're considering to take this on & even provided a chapter 1 taste (っ˘ω˘ς )

But damn 150?! I knew it had a lot of chaps I hadn't checked so I assumed it was only up around 90-100 or something. If I had any experience I would be more than happy to jump on board to help out. The story for this one seem so much fun but hahaha alas I am useless...I can only read...(ಥ﹏ಥ)

15. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for it! I'm happy that someone is translating the novel :)

16. bowlofwarmsoup

bowlofwarmsoup Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah 150 is a lot lol, thankfully the chapters themselves don't seem to be that long.

The power of readers is not to be underestimated! It gives creators the power to.. create!

Thank you! It is in fact already posted on NU, but I will edit the summary soon enough.

Fiorisi likes this.
  17. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What ch does
    the misunderstandings between mac and get cleared up
    Scum protag gets beaten up

18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I see this is being translated! Nice!

The tone is a bit too dry and serious for my taste since I prefer the more "wacky shenanigans" tone like Scum Villain and not like the Founder of Diabolism... but I'm still reading it.

:)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    bowlofwarmsoup and Fiorisi like this.
  19. White Sky Translations

White Sky Translations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a longish summary/review of the novel on my site. Err.. I can't link it but just google "White Sky Translations" and hit "Novel Recs".
    I really liked it. So glad Bowl of Warm Soup is translating it!!

bowlofwarmsoup, Fiorisi and MikotoP like this.
  20. bowlofwarmsoup

bowlofwarmsoup Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your review was really insightful, I'm only 15 chapters in so I didn't really know what I was in for haha........guess this means more cultivation terms to translate for me

also just soup is fine :)

Fiorisi likes this.