LCD The Villain Wants to Live

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Aug 28, 2021.

1. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn straight out of my mouth, lmao!

2. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Harem revolves around a series of misunderstandings, up to the point where the Female characters wants to kill him... and also not?

3. miraclepolaris

miraclepolaris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for those that have read up to ch290 what do u guys think about the relationship between emperor and deculein?

4. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally ship them but like all his past relationship I don't think it'll end well, one can only hope that the ship doesn't sink.

5. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only reading the free chapters, the latest being chapter 245 as of this post.

I've been thinking about why I've become more and more indifferent to this novel. There are actually quite a few reasons it seems.

1)
    As mentioned before, I dislike how the MC is becoming more like Deculein, a pretty shitty person.

2)
    The MC not caring about dying anymore drains sooo much energy from the novel. So what are his motivations now? He doesn't care about dying, he doesn't care about going home, and he doesn't seem to care about saving the world.

He's saving the world right now but he's like a machine, doing it because it's his duty.

3)
    It's all romantic subplots right now. And it's all meaningless because the MC doesn't care about romance.

Sophia is trying to sabotage Julia but the MC won't care about whatever happens, so I'm not even paying attention to what she is doing. It's also petty and cheapens Sophia as a character.

The novel spent so much time having different characters doing nothing in The Voice, but all that nothing was meaningless because it's turned into a Sylvie romance subplot. A romance subplot that you know will go nowhere romantic, it's likely that the MC will still refuse to even acknowledge that Sylvie is in love with him.

Malw02, Lakios and Sea Dog like this.
  6. miraclepolaris

miraclepolaris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even untill 290+ chapter almost all of them include romance subplots , and u are going to get more and more anoyyed by sophien actions (at least for me its anoyying) ,

7. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to argue with you, but on the contrary those reasons makes me feel the exact opposite of you. So I'm enjoying more and more of this novel now

kristlambda likes this.
  8. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    Why yandere tag is here?

9. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i kinda agree with you on that~
    But it basically makes a lot of sense.
    It's basically impossible to not end up as a mix of both personalities in the situation MC is at, but i am looking forward on how he will become after the Deculain personality "dies" (as Epherene time travels indicates that it happens)
    I think you are misunderstanding something very important.
    It's not that he is saving the world because he is a selfless machine, he believes that by finishing the story he can go back.
    At the start of the novel he wanted to clear the game to go back, but now he kinda realized that is basically impossible for him to clear the game without dying.
    So instead he is trying to save the world even at his own expense, that way he still has a chance to go back even if he dies.

Basically MC has two motivations right now:
    1st - save the world to go back
    2nd - save/help the people around him, because he doesn't see this world as just a game scenery anymore and he truly wishes the people he came to like/love/trust in this world can live happily

10. DiPz

DiPz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would reallly realllllyy like if i can read those lock chapter....

11. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kept on reading islands recently. What is this? Isn't the settings of the novel in a continent? Did it just changed to archipelago?

I think I remember one knovel TL notes that island has the same character for empire? Is this whats happening?

12. Misib

Misib Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know first time i was reading this author work, it started solid and that ending was bad rofl, lazy poorly ed.
    Then The Novel Extra it started as 10/10 for loots of people but after that arc it did go to hell , and endend with a fuck u i am ending anyway i can and nothing u can do about it.
    Then i found this gem, started to read this story got surprised that mc HAD an women, they broke up (and she had another man i think, this is a question btw), the problem is author loves to mix drama and thoae drama tend to drag out too much, also we know he sucks at the end so i put this novel into hold.
    So what are the chances of we getting a good end?
    And a happy one?
    Also why does he need to "leave the game" why not live on it?
    At least from what i found he has lots of love here right?
    Does he need to make people hate him?
    Or its just author way of milking drama?

13. azam_saja

azam_saja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any Arlos illustration? Her description in chapter 243 make me curios

“I love art. I can be proud that my sense of beauty is superior to any nobles or royalty in the world.”

“…What are you talking about all of a sudden?”

I reached out and ran my hand through Arlos’s hair. In an instant, her whole body stiffened as she startled.

“…It is impeccable.”

Her fluttering hair was too clean. Maybe it was because of her characteristic?

“Uh…”

Her mouth was half-open. She didn’t even blink, as if she had never imagined this.

“I can assure you that I love and support art more than anyone else.”

The characteristic of Arlos recorded by the system, Human Art.

“Arlos.”

It doesn’t mean she was the most beautiful in this world. It wasn’t like love at first sight or something like that; it wasn’t an ignorant development. This surreal appearance just resembled the noble and mysterious art of this world.

“The noblest and most beautiful piece of art in the world, if something like that existed, you would be a little more beautiful.”

The artistic exterior of Arlos stimulated Deculein’s aesthetic sense stronger than anyone else…

14. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the biggest issue for the MC is he doesn't have complete control over his personality when he's blended with Deculein. Would you want to stay somewhere where you can't actually act like yourself? As for making people hate him, the biggest issue for the MC is that a lot of avenues to solve a problem are just outright cut off by Deculein's personality. He's working with what he can, and so far he's found that making people hate him is the simplest and most effective tool in his toolbox.

As for milking drama, I'd just say watch a bunch of Korean tv dramas (you can find them on Netflix easy enough if you have a subscription) and then decide if the author is milking drama any worse than any other Korean writer. My opinion is he isn't.

Koslov likes this.
  15. Misib

Misib Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks bro

16. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the thing is korean audience loved drama and this novel is for them. we are just the leftover guys

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.
  17. javaniy

javaniy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the website a-t.nu down for everyone? Or is it just me

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    just you

19. sudokun

sudokun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do went down now and then, usually just wait a few hours to a few days for it to go back up again

20. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also if you're using a VPN, their website tends to misbehave over it.