Spoiler The villainess is a marionette

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I like yanderes and villains. people who love the mc to the point of death and are willing to do anything to keep her by their side. But from the comments I can see he didn't really love her and even wanted to kill her. I still lost interest because I like stories where mc is reincarnated and starts to appease the villain and turns them into an obsessed guy who sees only her. I don't like him anymore but the story kinda lost it's luster for me. Do I only tune in to see the ml who grew interested in her because she is a bit intriguing now ... nah

Muty30 and Enmea like this.
  2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    And from the same womb. There can always be doubt with siblings related through a father but never a mother since they are from the same womb. With this story, I marvel at readers who actually wanted her to end up with her brother. Ick. Beyond this incestuous aspect, I don’t know what would be the point of the story if she still ended up his marionette.

3. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He had phobia of being around people, cayena in the past harassed him many times, now that she is trying to respect his space, he also tried to change for her too...

4. Manhwalover2

Manhwalover2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

well.. People can just stop reading if they dont like raphael's type as ML.

As for me, i love raphael character. I dont care if people said its too stereotype ML.
    So what? Whats important is the love story about the two of them. And i like their story so much.

So, for the people who complain about the ML. Just drop this story without comment about why they drop this

well.. If you like that kind of story, this story will not satisfy you.

Because this is a story about strong FL, who fights desperately because she has nothing more to lose, and the unselfish ML who loves the FL to the point he didnt care about status (as lover/husband), as long he can be by her side. And ML also helps FL reach her dream even if it means he can't have her.

5. Bambokiddo

Bambokiddo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Cayenna won't be the empress? Why thoo? Can anyone explain it to me? :blobwoah:

6. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She will be an Empress for 7 years iirc until her younger brother Ethel grows up and learns everything he needs to know to rule. She will leave her position to him to go marry Raphael and become a duchess. From what I remember she didn’t want to become an Empress from the start, she only got into the throne fight because Rezef hasn’t left her a choice.

7. Sakura akarin

Sakura akarin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i'm a new member here, I have a few questions and I would be really grateful if someone could answer them:aww:
    1- What happened to Cayena after she was kidnapped? You know that the first season of Manhwa ended right after Cayena was kidnapped
    2- When will Cayena fall in love with Raffaello?:blobmelt:

8. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Cayena was saved by Rafael very quickly, nothing much happened. The guy who kidnapped her will be imprisoned.
    2. She’s in love with him all along, she just let go because she thought he is destined to be with Olivia and doesn’t like her especially after her annoying behaviour pursuing him before.

9. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Here are few details from the novel regarding Cayena's kidnapping: I don't know if they will do the same in the second season of the manwha, but we can hope.... So here goes:
    Cayena is first scared because the kidnapper is her husband that killed her is her first life. Then she gets her wits back and figures out how to get out of her current situation. Her "husband" only ever wanted her for his "collection" because she is the most beautiful woman in the empire. (He actually mentions this earlier in the manwha). She finds something sharp (can't remember what it is, sorry) and threatens to cut her face if her "husband" doesn"t free her. He panics like crazy when he sees the first drop of blood on her cheek and opens the cell where she is.
    Still threatening to damage her face, she orders him to go in the cell and lock himself in and orders him to tell his acolytes to let her go as well. It is more or less in this situation that Raphaello (that had been warned by Olivia) finds her.
    Raphaello gets her out of there whilst the "husband" and his crew get all arrested byt the knights that accompagnied Raphaello.
    Cayena's strength leaves her after so much stress and the relief to be safe and Rapahello hugs her closely. (Can't wait to see that drawing in the next season of the Manwha!)

2. Regarding Cayena's feelings towards Rapahello. As you can start to see it in the manwha, there are a few times where her heart skips a beat or two during her interactions with Rapahello. In her past life, she was soooo infatuated with him that it bordered on stalking/ stanning him. Problem is, Rapahello suffers from "tactile defensiveness" or a kind of haphephobia (fear of being touched) because of past trauma (I don't remember quite the details but I think it has to do with his parents and childhood). So the "clingy" Cayena in her first life was only a subject of disgust/repulsive to him and it is also one of the reasons why Olivia is Raphaello's love in Cayena's first life: he wasn't repulsed by her touch. In her second life, knowing this, Cayena wears gloves and avoids touching him any more than protocol dictates, sometimes even forgoing protocol and etiquette so Raphaello doesn't have to have physical contat with her. Rapahello notices this after a while on top of Cayena's 180 change in caracter, and it is one of the things that starts to endear her to him. Which makes her touch less and less disgusting to him over the encounters and puzzles Cayena.
    Cayena also admits to herself that Raphaello, like in her previous life, is totally her type, but her survival and the fact that Rapahello is supposed to finish with Olivia makes her back off in the beginning and keep her interest under lock and key. She starts to really open her heart again after her kidnapping and the second one (yes, there will be a kind of second one) makes them both realise their feelings for each other and they will share their first kiss. Once Raphaello will admit his feelings and desires for her, in the novel, he becomes quite touchy feely actually.....:D

Muty30, rero00, TrinaAngel and 8 others like this.
  10. saurahkim

saurahkim New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so who is the ML first love? In the manhwa is was stated that “Raphael has long been in love with her highness, and that she was his fist love but that was just a decade old love story”. Sorry I got confused for a bit

11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is the wrong translation, because it was her highness Cayena who was in love with Rafael.

Inasible likes this.
  12. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure if it was ever mentioned on the forum but does Cayena tell anyone about the first TL or does anyone find out about it in general?

13. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is the magician priest that gives Cayena her magical powers that discovers it.
    So, tu put this into context, and if my memory is correct, Cayena, after her first abduction, knows that she needs to find a way to protect herself. That is where you discover that this world actually has magic in it. But, in order to get magic, she has to convince a special priest (I think he is like a semi-divine being? Not quite sure about that) to go through a ritual with her and also, she has to give up half of her remaining life span. The strength of the magical power also depends on the amount of life given. When Cayena goes through the ritual, the Priest/Divine being is astounded by power that she gets and looking into it discovers that the half that she has given are actually 3 half lives! He actual life, her previous life and also she is an isekai woman from Earth, where we, as readers, discover that we are in the world of a novel. The ritual finishes and now Cayena has tattoos of blues roses on her back that fade away and will appear each time she uses her magic. the only thing I cannot remember is if Cayena herself knows that she is an isekai and has memories of her life on Earth. I think she does to a certain degree. Her character change is too vast, from the puppet who didn't know anything to the shrewed political and manipulative beast that we get can suggest that she is aware but I'd need to double check on that.

TrinaAngel and Iska-IX like this.
  14. ROEM CALYPSE

ROEM CALYPSE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Kedrey Grand Duchy Family is so precious~ :blobcozy: :bloblove: :blobtaco: Can't wait for this scene to be adapted in manhwa!

15. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hii, i want to ask about olivia age. If she's end up with raphael in 1st timeline, doesn't she have the same age as them? (I forget what they age are, someone enlighten me pls!) And she end up with ethel, right? He just 13 now

16. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    If memory serves me correctly, Olivia is 16 and Raphaello is 19-20 (I think). Cayena is 17 (first and second timeline) since her coming of age ceremony is in the novel at 18.
    The characters in the manwha, (Loooove the art, it's so detailed and beautiful) look older and Ethel looks younger than a13 year old boy, he looks like 11 with the outfit he wears.
    So a 3 year diffference will be easily erased once they are both adults. His 18 to her 21 isn't so bad, and I actually like the fact that you have an older woman younger man couple.

17. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh that make sense! She really look older and he's so small that make me nervous lol. I like this older woman-younger man troupe, too :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Hera a misigga and Thamalasca like this.
  18. virito3

virito3 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question... I know its insesitive to ask, but was she raped by her husband in her first life? Idk I find it sad for anyone to go throught that especially if it is from this type of story

19. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We dont really know, but there was a sign of physical and mental abuse, it was never mentioned but I bet that ex would since she is so Beautiful

20. virito3

virito3 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that she was any typical villainess we would hate character, but rape is just too much of a mental abuse for anybody to wish upon someone.

Dang Cayena wakes up from their first night like it was nothing. This is totally different from the flustered fmc on her first night