Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sound like a retcon to me. I guess the author feels to add a background story for both of them because if it is not because of the fateful day that they met at young age, Asher will just be another shallow man that love Aria for her beauty, only the difference is he actually made her his.

And I don't like recent manhwa chapters as everything feels rush though.

I used to think this manhwa is the best but after I read a few manhwas that have the same premise (time loop + revenge +making money) as Reverse the Hourglass, this manhwa/novel now is just decent in my eyes.

First of all, Aria is a great MC, but the ML is ridiculously boring and too arrogant for my taste. I don't mind he is a simp but he was willing to kill Oscar because Oscar has a feeling on Aria is just borderline yandere and disturbing, and the antagonist such as Mielle and Isisi is just a clown that offers no meaningful resistance to Aria.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Angela3107 likes this.
  2. rigelbreeze

rigelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree with this. The novel is just anti-climatic, only the first chapters are interesting. I think that's the reason the author add some special stories.

3. crystalxprple

crystalxprple Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain who Lohan is??

4. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    King from neighbor country.

5. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Here's the face from raw 76

6. MangaFans

MangaFans Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnosebleed:
    oh my god:blob_teary:he is super handsome. Shock:notlikeblob: Though i know the ending, i still wanna ship this guy:blobdizzy:

7. WhiteCoffee

Reading List:
    Link
    If only he is the ML. I never like the Crown Prince as ML as I found he is bland and uninteresting. At least this guy is very good at triggering people with his words.

8. CAP

CAP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a chapter in Korean where Aria and Asher are children. However, I don't know Korean at all. Can someone put a translation of these pages here so we can all read together? I’ll send these pages into the Discord. Please don’t deceive me.
    DM me :)

9. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Crown Prince in this story exists only and on~ly to simp Aria:blobxd:

10. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also use the Papago app. I use it all the time to read Korean novels and share spoilers.

I guess the manhwa nears Aria’s trial according to the timeline spoiler and Asher and Lohan begins to plot their trap.
    ————————
    Chapter 173:
    Asher and Aria met Lohan, Asher's friend in Croa. Back at Roscent's mansion, Mielle created witnesses to help her accusing Aria later.

Chapter 174:
    Cain and Mielle perfected their plan to push Aria into the corner. Aria arrived at the capital with Asher.

Chapter 175:
    Aria was put in the trial.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    rock.doll likes this.
  11. CAP

CAP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thank you! I’ll try it :)

12. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he didn't have to be constantly on alert because his own people wanted him dead but I agree that the portrayal of Asher feels kind of one-dimensional. It seems like the author only focuses on his role as Aria's lover and we don't really see his actions and interactions when she's not with him. (There was that scene when he - not so courteously - told Isis that he has no intention of marrying her, a few interactions with Lane and that's it.)

13. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    To me the story is obviously told from Aria’s point of view of her obsession with staying alive. So that means the arc with Oscar and subsequently her battle with Isis and Mielle. We barely get much on Asher because everything he’s doing is behind the scenes. At least he’s actually doing something to improve his political situation in this timeline. This is why Aria empathizes with him because she felt he went through the same thing as she did in the first timeline although I suppose he might not have died. So most of what we get is his interaction with Aria as a lover “and” the end results of his covert actions.

In the end, I really don’t have a problem with him because the story is mostly told from Aria’s POV and she doesn’t see him much. She also probably likes Asher because she “dislikes” men who talk about her looks and he instead approached her from a business standpoint where he was interested in her ideas about the country’s economics.

Nevertheless, it’s very rare that people don’t complain and gripe about a male lead on this forum. I suppose the good thing is Asher doesn’t have people frothing at the mouth and sending unkind threats to the manhwa or novel writer. Heh.

14. CAP

CAP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry, you know this website, right? I can put a whole chapter here? Or I can just recite what I read?

15. nonomo

nonomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asher may not be the most interesting ML but Lohan is an even bigger nothingburger than he is. What is there is even to ship outside of preferring silver over black haha.

I like this novel but it is true that most of the characters are rather one dimensional.

16. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    You can post the chapter here. Simply put it under a spoiler tag. To do that, you can click the + symbol above the comment box and it has a spoiler function there. You can put the whole chapter if you prefer or do a summary.

Lohan just showed up and without doing anything yet, he is supposedly more suited for Aria or more interesting than Asher. Heh. Well, Aria might have been shallow in the first timeline but now she absolutely despises shallowness. She doesn’t even like when people look at her only because she’s beautiful so I think she takes the same view in her opinion towards good looking men. For a long time she was wary against Asher and it took a good while for her to accept him. The key became that Asher appealed to her as an intelligent person with interesting ideas and not just a beautiful woman.