Spoiler The Villain's Precious Daughter / 악당의 소중한 따님

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, May 18, 2022.

1. PrincessGamer

PrincessGamer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same i was thinking the same thing,i mean apart from the fact they have silver hair and same face and name the eyes was different the saintess she said to be has Golden eyes and she had blue eyes so if the duke mistook the Saintess as Rosaline's child before then it was pathetic since he said that the reason he think fl was Rosaline's child was not just bc of the hair but the eyes same as his bestfriend and she have the same name that was given anyway im confused why the golden hair have same face as fl and became saintess and with the same name

oh gosh idk but i have the same idea at First I can't believe i got it right i knew the orphanage taking blood has something to do about how the fake saintess got powers i mean i can understand same face but same name and identity like dude it's suspicious i mean like how can the fake saintess have saint power with same name as the previous saintess daughter and it was suspicious how on the 1st chapter of the manhua when they we're together at the fire she left fl on purpose when she said they will be saved but she was the only one that got save and even how they can save her but left fl on purpose but also how only fl got accident when the target was the fake saintess like how she got in trouble every single time

oh gosh idk but i have the same idea at First I can't believe i got it right i knew the orphanage taking blood has something to do about how the fake saintess got powers i mean i can understand same face but same name and identity like dude it's suspicious i mean like how can the fake saintess have saint power with same name as the previous saintess daughter and it was suspicious how on the 1st chapter of the manhua when they we're together at the fire she left fl on purpose when she said they will be saved but she was the only one that got save and even how they can save her but left fl on purpose but also
    ye like i mean logically speaking the two Cordelia is on the same spot on the fire how tf did they save the fake Cordelia without seeing fl beside her are they blind or something -

2. kisarinchan

kisarinchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes she definitely is

actually that two person is same. but unfortunately he has a curse and because of that there is a mark which has the same shape as a snake

3. PrincessGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    i did think of that at first since they indicated in the manhua that they both have same appearance age and name with only 2 different eye color but the duke didn't say rosaline have twin daughters also why did both of them are orphan but not on the same orphanage if they we're in the same orphanage why did they never met and why does she have to suffer by giving blood and it's also weird how if they we're twins they should've been raised together as none of them got adopted

wait the saintess is 6 while fl is 8?but i thought rosaline ask the duke for a favor about Cordelia and the duke said rosaline is his bestfriend bc she didn't pick him but the other guy the second son of another hero family i think

BLHeadmistress, Jukki, Laerta and 4 others like this.
  4. kisarinchan

Reading List:
    Link
    there may be some mistakes about my language and my predictions i hope you can enjoy it

i think we already know that fl is the real saintess (or it will be like this) from basic novel plot.

• blake ( he was one of the guys who was obsessed with cordellia in fist timeline), he accidentally dropped his book when he came to the duke’s house. book was written by using ancient language. when fl saw the book, she read to him by accident (because she had no idea). and as she told, she didn’t get a proper education about the ancient language. she just read it. in that moment novel says blake has a face with suspect or etc.

• she has healing powers. during the pegasus accident she accidentally healed her self and julian.

• in these novels, (normally) evil people uses the real saintess’ blood to make the fake one real. in the manhwa we can clearly see that there were some marks on her arms. and i think that was the reason.

5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation was confusing so far, but judging by the manhwa images MC is definitely not the Duke’s daughter, he said himself that he was Rosaline’s best friend only and that he’s not MC’s father, he was also crying about her not choosing him when MC has found him half-conscious in the back alley with a wound in his stomach.

• MC Cordelia/Rosalia - silver hair and blue eyes, 8 years old.
    • Rosaline - possibly MC’s mother - had blue eyes and in a flashback we see her with red hair, which hints that she’s possibly from Petros family.
    • Rosaline’s husband - we don’t know who he is, but the Duke says he’s gone missing. As far as his daughter candidates (MC and the saintes) both have silver hair, I assume it’s inherited from the father, which means the father belongs to Orixa family and this is why they want to take MC.
    • Duke Valencia - blue hair, red eyes. MC’s adoptive father
    • Ingrid - Duke Valencia’s sister, official wife of the Emperor and mother of the 2nd prince. Passed away.
    • The Emperor - blond hair. He had an illegitimate child with his lover (in the manhwa she has pink hair) and when Ingrid has passed away he has married his lover and made their son the 1st prince and rightful heir to the throne.
    • 1st prince - blond hair. As of now we only know that he was one of the Saintess supporters in the 1st timelines
    • 2nd prince - blond hair and red eyes. He is probably ML as we see him on a second novel cover. He has a curse that appears in royal family in people who have strong powers. In the first timeline he didn’t like the Saintess and didn’t allow her to remove his curse. According to MC’s memory in the 1st TL he managed to remove the curse himself.
    • Lorenzo Valencia - the Duke’s older brother who was good at everything.
    • Blake Lampez - the heir to the Duke Lampez (black knights) and 2nd princes' friend (or so it looks for now).
    • Saintess Cordelia - silver hair and golden eyes, so she can be of Orixa blood, but not necessarily is Rosaline's daughter.
    Legend as I understood it (please correct me if I’m wrong)
    There were 4 knights of apocalypse that were supposed to destroy the world. The God has sent saints and saintess to protect the world. They in turn found a human to help them, and it’s the 1st emperor. He has gathered 4 heroes and they have defeated the knights of apocalypse.
    After the war the world became desolate and all heroes and the emperor were cursed, it was the curse that was originally the power of the knights of apocalypse, it gives powers but also makes people suffer.
    The emperor has built the current empire after the war and made his 4 heroes the Dukes.

Orixa family - the symbol is a white horse. Received the power of the white knight and rule the East.
    Petros family - the symbol is a lion(? - the creature on their coat of arms is something hard to recognize). Received the power of the red knight and rule the West.
    Lampez family - the symbol is a black horse. Received the power of the black knight and rule the South.
    Valencia family - the symbol is a blue horse. Received the power of the blue knight and rule the North.

The curse
    As far as the 1st Emperor has saved the world he has received a lot of blessings from saints and saintess, so his curse was under control.
    However next generations who have completely absorbed the knights powers get the full effect of the curse. If an Emperor marries a commoner his descendant can avoid the curse, but as far as the 2nd prince has blood of the 1st Emperor and Valencia family, his chances to inherit the curse were higher.
    It is impossible to remove the curse, but it is possible to purify it with the power of a saintess.

Also the real saintess has a key to the library of gods, that has all past, present and future recorded. So when the world is on the verge of disaster a saintess with the key to this library will save everyone and possibly remove the curse.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  6. kisarinchan

Reading List:
    Link
    they did not meet in the past as i know until now

7. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then Rosina IS the real Saintess because that’s where she found the book that told the future. It’s referred to as the first TL and although she speaks as if she had died, she hadn’t. She had read it in a book that she had found. In the most recent chapters of the story, after she fainted when the red haired boy set the paintings on fire, she wound up in the library again.

I think she might have died and wound up in the library where she found the book and read it to prepare her for the upcoming trial.

8. libertiasoliea

libertiasoliea Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please enlighten me, y'all. what happen to the mc's father after knowing that he choose the wrong person and killed his own daughter? I wanna know so badly so that i can continue reading this one. i dont wanna keep reading something daughter & father sweet relationship in 2nd TL knowing that she knew he was the one who killed her in first TL. gosh.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know yet if the Duke is actually her father. From the clues that have been currently shown MC's father is from Orixa family.

10. ros.ciel

ros.ciel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Four Knights of the Apocalypse are the White Knight of Conquest, the Red Knight of War, the Black Knight of Famine, and the Blue Knight of Death. The Apocalypse is a book about the end of the world and when that time comes, the four knights will appear.

In order to fight the four knights, god(s) (I'm not sure if there is more than one god since the mtl would sometime say god or gods) has sent two saints. A Saint and a Saintess. The two chose to help one human, the first emperor. The first emperor then gathered four heroes and fought the four knights. They won, however, the land became desolate and the emperor and the four heroes were cursed.

The four heroes were each cursed by the four knights. The Saint and Saintess sealed the four knights' power in the bodies of the heroes. Since the saints couldn't cure them, they had to bear the curse for eternity, and sort of develop resistance to it since it was described as something like fighting off a poison with another poison. The Church (forgot the name, but it has the same name as the library that the Saintess can access) blessed the first emperor which helped him build the empire. He then made the heroes the four dukes of the empire, namely:
    • Oricsa from the east - the White Knight of Conquest
    • Petrose from the west - the Red Knight of War
    • Lampeige(?) from the south - the Black Knight of Famine
    • Valencia from the north - the Blue Knight of Death
    After the apocalypse, the Saint exhausted his powers and remained in the empire, but the Saintess disappeared along with the key. This key will allow entry to the library of gods. The library contains all knowledge in the world, including things about the past, the present, and the future. The Saintess told that she would appear, along with the key, again once the apocalypse come again. The Pope predicted that the Saintess will come again, however, the child that was most likely to be the Saintess (Rosaline's child) disappeared.

It was very obvious that Duke Valencia had deep hatred toward the Oricsa family. The reason for this was explained by Simon to Rosalia when they were on their way to the capital to have an audience with the emperor since the Oricsa family claimed that Christian was found and they claimed that Duke Valencia's adopted daughter was the biological daughter of Christian.

Simon told Rosalia that the feud between the two families started a long time ago. He told her that the eastern territory, which the Oricsa now ruled over, was supposed to be given to the Valencias. However, the northern lands then, after the battle with the four knights, became an abandoned land. It was hard to live and survive in the cold north, where one couldn't farm and where beasts roamed the land. It was different now because of the advancement of science and of magic which helped improved the quality of living in the north.

The hero from Oricsa didn't want to get the northern lands, and because it seemed that the east would surely go to Valencia, Oricsa tricked Valencia. They had a drink the night prior to the meeting where they would officially divide the lands among themselves. Oricsa put something in Valencia's drink, making him unable to show up to the meeting the next day. It wasn't clear if it was just a sleeping potion or poison that was put in the drink. Ever since then, the two families are always at odds with each other. The Valencias believed that one should be chosen (e.g. for positions, works, etc) based on one's abilities regardless of their origin. The Oricsas would oppose them, saying that lineage is what matters most. The Oricsa has a good relationship with the imperial family. Making the emperor biased when he sided with the Duke of Oricsa and wanted to take away Rosalia from the Duke of Valencia.

Another reason why the Duke of Valencia hated the Oricsas was because of Rosaline. If my memory serves me right, Rosaline was from a fallen noble family. She acquired divine powers later in life. It was well-known that the now Duke of Valencia and the second son of the Oricsa, Christian, proposed to Rosaline. Duke of Valencia mentioned that Christian was neglected/discarded by his father because he thinks he was incompetent and didn't have what it takes to be an Oricsa. Christian was described as very introverted, that he rarely showed up to society, to the point that only a number of people knew what he actually looked like. It came as a shock to everyone that Rosaline chose Christian over the Duke of Valencia. The duke himself did not understand why Rosaline chose Christian over him, he always thought it wasn't like her.

The Saintess would possess a unique eye color, but being born in a human body (a baby at that), it would take time for the child to gain consciousness and for her eyes to turn into a normal color. Simply put, the Saintess was still adjusting to her body. It was mentioned that Rosaline's daughter was expected to be the next Saintess since her baby hasn't woken up despite being 2 or 3 years old (iirc) already. Rosaline and her family were attacked and the child was taken. The father, Christian Oricsa, went missing too and Rosaline died shortly after that. It was implied she made the duke promise to find her daughter before she died. Rosalia said that Saint Cordelia looked exactly like Rosaline, except for her silver hair and gold eyes. The silver hair and gold eyes are traits of the Oricsa family. That's why she was certain she wasn't Rosaline's child. However, other people, including the duke himself, thinks that Rosalia looks exactly like Christian, except for her blue eyes which they said resembled Rosaline's.

Rosalia mentioned that the people who took her blood in the orphanage wore the same robes that the priests who came to take Rosalia away from the duke. That's why she mistook them as people from the orphanage and that they were there to get her and the reason why she was so scared she started rambling that she'd clean, earn money, eat bell peppers and carrots and live like a dead rat just so the duke wouldn't throw her away. Before the priests were dragged away, Rosalia had given them the middle finger lol.

Later on, once Lorenzo, the duke's younger brother, came into the story, he would at one point ask to draw Rosalia's blood. He was trying to find a cure for his nephew, Julian. There was a time when Julian was almost close to dying and was reduced to a beast. Rosalia tried to run away to find Saintess Cordelia (she mentioned that they were both orphans and they lived in the same area, but in different orphanages iirc). Lorenzo caught her and decided to help her go back to where she came from. Rosalia didn't tell anything about another saintess, Lorenzo and the duke only thought she was running away because she got scared of Julian when she saw him chained up and muzzled. They thought she felt unsafe in the duchy. Anyway, after the whole running away part was done, Rosalia was informed that Julian was suddenly cured, not totally free from the curse, but he had regained his consciousness as a human. Lorenzo thought the only variable that could affect Julian was Rosalia's blood. Rosalia came up to the imprisoned Julian before she ran away. Julian, consumed by the curse, roughly grabbed Rosalia, iirc his nails dug so deep in Rosalia's hand that it began to bleed so much.

Lorenzo tried to get a sample of her blood behind the duke's back. He just wanted to check if his hypothesis was correct. Lorenzo was an expert in ancient relics or something like that. Lorenzo told her when they were on the run from the duke that he found a phrase in an ancient ruin that said that the saint's blood is like wine and that his eyes are like jewels. It also said that eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the saint will make you complete. It was believed that a saint's voice and gaze will make anyone bewitched just by standing in front of the saint. It was believed that if you drink his blood and eat his flesh they will become stronger and healthier. Since Rosalia was used to having her blood drawn out, she readily agreed to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo was surprised because he was trying to explain to her gently and she was like 'okay! Here's my left arm'. He became worried and tried to explain that it could hurt a little, but Rosalia said it was fine since she was used to it since the orphanage she ran away from used to draw her blood a lot. Iirc this was in exchange for the food and shelter she was being provided. Reluctantly, Lorenzo brought out a syringe. But when Rosalia saw the syringe coming closer, her eyes went blank (it's like she was in a trance). Lorenzo put the syringe down because he was worried about Rosalia's reaction. He called Rosalia a few times before she came back to her senses. Lorenzo said he won't take her blood anymore and iirc he said sorry and told her to go to her room and sleep well.

If I understood correctly, the first emperor was able to die in peace through the constant blessings of the saint. However, that was not the case for the four heroes who absorbed the powers of the four knights. The curse was passed on to their descendants. If a child were to manifest the curse, they would die prematurely for not being able to withstand it. If they were able to survive their youth and reach adulthood, they were usually just locked up because they became similar to beasts.

Julian inherited the curse from his maternal family. Ingrid was married to the emperor, but when she died, the emperor made his mistress the next empress and his illegitimate son his heir. Julian intended to be the heir of Duke Valencia and didn't want to join the fight for the throne iirc. The curse could be broken if it's purified with extraordinary divine power. In the novel, Rosalia mentioned that Julian was the only one who wasn't hung up on Saintess Cordelia. The first prince, who was also in love with Saintess Cordelia, was incompetent and lacking even compared to the heirs of the other dukes. The emperor neglects Julian because he thought he was just sick and incompetent. The emperor actually wants him to die so his other son's position as the next heir will be solidified.

Initially, the emperor was against the adoption of Rosalia into the duke's family (this was way before the Oricsa came into the picture). But Julian wrote to the emperor and suddenly the emperor allowed the adoption. If I'm not mistaken, Julian wrote that he would only have like under three years left to live. I'm not sure, but Julian referred to it as a bet (a bet of how long he can stay alive). I guess you can say the emperor considers it as his dying wish, but I'm not sure since Julian sometimes speaks mysteriously. Julian was widely believed to be weak, sick, and incompetent. Julian tries hard to keep up with this image. The duke and Julian also put up the act as if they were not close and that the duke was only keeping Julian in the duchy because of his obligation as his uncle. The nobles are divided on which prince to support. A lot support the first prince (can't remember his name cos his annoying lol) despite Julian's higher lineage. Many believed he would die soon. There are still some who support Julian through the Duke of Valencia. They believed that the duke would put his nephew on the throne, and if I understood correctly, he could act as his regent or he could seize the throne for himself. This was one of the reasons the emperor was biased against the Valencias, he wanted his illegitimate son to be the one to inherit the throne and the sooner Julian dies, the better. Julian cares a lot about Rosalia. Their interactions are so cute. It was so heartbreaking to read when Julian was being consumed by the curse more and more and began to lose his rationality.

I've only read nearly half of the novel. I'll try to add more when I have more time, but so far it wasn't revealed yet who is Rosalia's biological parents. I didn't think I'd enjoy this novel as much as I do now. It's quite refreshing to read a baby/child novel where MC acts and thinks like an actual child. She's street smart and quick-witted, something she had learned living in the back alley of the Oricsa's territory. I like how while she tries to scheme, it was still at a level that a child would come up to, not overly well-done or meticulous, but still brilliant.

This is just my theory. I don't think Rosalia transmigrated. It's possible she regressed when she was killed in the first timeline, or she saw the future by reading the book in the library that only the saintess can enter. It's also possible that Rosalia and Cordelia are twins given how it was described that Cordelia resembles Rosaline and Rosalia resembles Christian. [This is an actual spoiler: when Rosalia was taken to the Oricsa, as per the emperor's order, Raol (?), the heir of Duke Oricsa was hostile against Rosalia because he said she was taking something that wasn't hers. It was hinted here and there, obviously at that, that Cordelia was with the Duke of Oricsa (not sure how long she had been there but given how concerned and caring Raol was to Cordelia, it must have been quite some time now), and was hidden somewhere when Rosalia came. The Duke of Oricsa wanted to draw Rosalia's blood and blamed the marks on the Duke of Valencia as a sign of him abusing Rosalia (I'll spoil on this later)].

I think they knew Rosalia was the saintess but chose Cordelia over her since Cordelia has silver hair and gold eyes that were unique to the Oricsa family. Or that Cordelia was a product of an experiment if she was not a twin. I mean, the Duke had a machine/ doll of some sort that looked exactly like Christian. He suddenly claimed he found Christian and used that to get Rosalia from the Duke of Valencia. There must have been a conspiracy that led Rosaline to marry Christian instead of the Duke of Valencia. Maybe Rosaline and Christian tried to run away with their child but were caught and killed. Rosalia was sure Christian was dead because he was never mentioned in the novel she read. But yeah, the Oricsa is the villain, so far I've read, in the story.

Anyway, back to the regression/saw the future theory. I'm leaning on the fact she saw the future in the library. In the first chapter, we saw how she was kidnapped by the Duke of Valencia and killed and suddenly transitioned into I'm that Cordelia, not the Saintess Cordelia. Rosalia just said she read it from the book, but later on, she would begin to question where did she read it? What was she doing before it? It felt vague for her. Later when Raol pushed her down the stairs, she fell in a sort of a coma and was able to enter the library again (she wasn't aware it was the library only the Saintess could enter. She met Yorke(?) he was like the keeper/guard in there. He said something like she was still too young to access the library, so he deduced her life must have been in danger. He revealed that the key must have been triggered when she was on the brink of death and brought her to the library to save her life. He said that Rosalia was still too young to use/awaken her powers and that she wouldn't remember much of what happened in there. Remember that Rosalia just recovered from being sick in the first couple of chapters. What if she was severely sick since she wasn't able to eat for a week that she was on the brink of death, the key was triggered and that's where she read the novel?

11. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    -i kinda remember duke brother studying about MC(blood?) And when he was able to drew a conclusion but before he could reveal the truth, he was kidnap, the duke brother in the novel describe the the culprit as someone who look exactly as the MC.I stop reading on that part because I was annoyed:blobjoy:
    - the MC biological family (Orixia?) Tried to get MC through legal means, MC stayed there just a short time and the white haired boy was being mean to MC saying she was taking the fake place and trying to get her out. MC notice they are hiding something especially on the attic. MC notice how the dress, toys, room on her biological family was well prepared as if someone was staying on this bedroom for a while. Then white haired boy let it slip blaming mc that because of MC, she (fake) has to stay on the attic

12. ros.ciel

ros.ciel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blake Lampeige of the Black Knight of Famine met MC in the garden. Became interested when she didn't cry and when she was able to read the ancient language. He was like I'll give you my heart lol and he was rejected on the spot and Rosalia told him she hates him.

Personally, I don't want to like the 4 male leads that was so hung up on Saintess Cordelia in the novel Rosalia read, but huhuhu I like Blake I feel like I'm cheating on Julian T_T

Anyway, Rosalia took his brooch to buy her silence since Blake wasn't allowed to meet Rosalia. I don't know yet the significance of that brooch, but Blake said that it's important to him. In the novel, it's so funny how Rosalia tried to rip him off lol. Blake thought he could bribe her with just cookies and Rosalia was like nope, it's not me who's getting in trouble when they find out we met. So she took his brooch cos she thought it was really expensive and told him he should also pay back the cookies she lost lol.

Then he would send her three carriages of cookies from this special bakeshop. It had to close down for a day or two because the workers were overworked trying to fill three carriages with cookies since Blake's order was so sudden.

Julian described Blake and his dad as lazy but quick to take action if need be. Blake's family tends to be neutral. Blake was sent to check on Rosalia because it was rumored she was the next Saintess.

Rosalia and Blake would next meet at her birthday party. He wasn't invited, but his younger brother was, but he stole his invitation and went in his stead. He wore a mask to hide his identity lol cos the duke was certain he already met Rosalia. After the whole fiasco with Edmond where he brought Rosalia a dead boar and the knights dragged him away at the duke's order, Blake sneaked up to Rosalia and asked her to dance. She didn't want to, but was forced because she didn't want her hard work of learning to dance to go to waste. The other boys were scared to ask her to dance because they heard she beat up Daniel lol. Rosalia was terrible at dancing lol she stepped on Blake's feet too many times. But Blake wasn't that good either, he's sort of stiff lol. He then asked Rosalia if she still have his brooch. She said of course I'm taking good care of it (cos she planned to sell it later once she leaves the duchy lol), but Blake interpreted it differently and was pleased to hear it.

When the dance was over the knights came to escort him out. They were glaring daggers at him but they didn't want to spoil their lady's first dance. He would, along with Edmond try to get to Rosalia after she got in an accident during her birthday. They wanted to make sure she was okay, but the duke had dragged them out of his territory.

Later when Rosalia would run away, she would end up at Blake's house. She was on the run with Lorenzo at that time. It only took one hour after she ran away for the duke to realize that she was missing and Lorenzo was the culprit lol. So he was hunting them down. Lorenzo bought big hats to hide their hair, but as they were walking through the crowd, Rosalia lost Lorenzo.

She was hungry at that time so she stopped by a crepe shop to eat first before resuming her search for Lorenzo. She didn't have money so she gave the first piece of jewelry she touched in her pocket. She forgot it was Blake's brooch and it has his family's insignia. The seller got a bit scared and asked if she was lost and told her he will notify the knights where she was so she can go home. A carriage came and Rosalia paid the seller with another piece of jewelry because he gave back the brooch. She thought she was gonna go home but was brought to another mansion.

She was greeted by Blake's dad. She then realized that the seller must have thought she was from Blake's family. Blake's dad was trying to act close to Rosalia and was like feel at home, I already notified Duke Valencia you're here (he didn't iirc, Rosalia pointed it out and he told her the duke will figure it out somehow). So for a few days, she stayed in Blake's house.

Blake suddenly came and was just staring at Rosalia. He asked her if she was okay. She said she was fine (it's about her accident at her birthday party). He said he was relieved and was worried about her and had been thinking about her.

The Duke of Lampeige wants his sons to get along with Rosalia. Blake's brother was spoiled by his parents. I don't know why yet, but the favoritism was so obvious that the duke would always find fault in Blake and tell him to be a better example to his brother.

When they had dinner together, Blake's brother asked if she really has tremendous divine power that's why the Duke of Valencia picked her up even if she was dirty and from a lowly place. Rosalia then realized that that's how the ducal couple talk about her since children are reflections of their parents. The duchess tried to intervene, but Rosalia said yes but why does she have to be ashamed of where she came from when she did a lot to survive, she talked about not being able to eat, eating something they wouldn't even imagine (she ate grass when she was extremely hungry that's why she disliked bell peppers and carrots, vegetables in general since it reminded her of the time).

The ducal couple looked at her with pity (not the compassionate pity more like pity on an animal or beast) and she was like why are you looking at me like that? I don't need your pity. In her mind, she finds it funny how the duke wanted her to be close to his sons when they didn't even view her as a human, as an equal. Since Blake's brother can't answer Rosalia and felt cornered when Blake teased him (the duke got mad at Blake for behaving as such), the little brother ran off crying while the duchess ran after him. The Duke reprimanded Blake again and left as well leaving Rosalia and Blake alone.

Rosalia then asked Blake if he liked her because she didn't cry like his brother, and he said yes. He said he find his brother annoying when all he ever did was whine and cry to their parents. Rosalia told him she's childish too, that she cries and whines a lot too so he could stop liking her now. She also said something along the lines that if he thought people who cry and whine are annoying then people who don't are also annoying because what's wrong with crying and expressing your dissatisfaction? She left the room and she had indigestion because of what happened. She thought she'll be fine after a few hours, but it only got worse so she asked a maid for medicine. The maid was so alarmed because Rosalia was so pale and sick that she immediately reported it to Blake's dad. Rosalia was able to eat in her room in peace after that.

A day or two later, she realized she lost her doll and asked the maid to look for it in the dining room but she was told it wasn't there. Then a maid informed her that Blake wanted to meet her and he was holding her doll as a hostage lol. She met Blake and the two talked again. Rosalia was insisting Blake shouldn't like her and that she hates him. Blake asked if he cries and whines too would she like him a little bit better? Rosalia was like what?? Blake told her he'll cry and whine only for her, so could she pay more attention to him? Rosalia tried to change the subject and flicked his forehead and told him to appreciate his family because he still has one. She said she didn't even know who her parents were, she told him to appreciate the privileges he has.

Blake was just staring at Rosalia like that when they heard a voice lol. The Duke of Valencia was behind Rosalia and was like how dare you hit your forehead on my daughter's fingers? He began to fuss that Rosalia lost weight and that Blake's family had been horrible to her. He took Rosalia away. Lorenzo was in the drawing-room when they were about to leave. LMAO the duke doesn't care if he left his brother behind and Lorenzo was running after them and clung to the duke's pants and was like hyuuuuuuuung-nim why'd you left me lol.

The Duke of Lampeige greeted the Duke of Valencia. He tried to talk to him so that his sons can come and bid Rosalia goodbye. Blake's brother just said bye while hiding behind his dad. Rosalia said goodbye and faced Blake and told him goodbye it was not a nice time, I hope we never see each other again lmao. Lorenzo was dying of laughter inside the carriage. But as Rosalia walked up to the carriage. Blake came closer and grabbed her hand. Rosalia turned around and Blake whispered in her ear let's see each other again. Then Rosalia felt something touch her cheek. She was immediately grabbed inside the carriage by the duke and the door was slammed shut and the duke ordered to depart at once. He was so furious at Blake and Blake's dad was just laughing outside. She realized that Blake kissed her lol. The Duke was so furious saying how dare that bastard put his snout on my daughter's cheek! He told Rosalia that if Blake comes near her again, she should kick him in the groin lol.

Rosalia didn't think much about it, but later she would ask Emma what it means and if it has the same effect as the magic of giving her a good night's sleep lol. Emma was like it's only effective if it's your family and since I consider the young miss as my daughter, it was effective, but she should never let anyone else kiss her and she should follow what the duke said, to kick the groin of boys who wanted to kiss her lmao

Edmond von Petros met Rosalia at the art exhibit of Count Fodner. He intervened when Daniel told Rosalia he would hit her and Rosalia was like go on hit me lol. He finds Rosalia interesting because of her choice of words. In her anger, Rosalia had been using words she learned in the back alley without realizing it.

Daniel (the son of Count Fodner) had been gloating to Rosalia that the painting she was looking at would sell higher as time goes by. He was so proud that the artist died of hunger while trying to finish the painting. He said his family would cut off support if the painting he produced doesn't sell well. So yeah, they starved the poor painter to death. Daniel began to ridicule Rosalia when a girl told him she was an orphan. Rosalia took a painting and hit Daniel with it.

After some exchanges between Edmond and Daniel, Edmond set the paintings on fire. Rosalia went into shock after seeing the fire and realizing who Edmond was. After Edmond dealt with Daniel, Edmond approached Rosalia and called after her, but she wasn't responding and was just staring blankly until she lost consciousness.

She had a nightmare about the time Cordelia in the novel was left behind in the fire when the 3 ducal prince's only rescued Saintess Cordelia. Then it morphed into her younger self, her before the duke adopted her, telling her, as if a warning, that no one's going to save her.

The whole time she had been dreaming, the duke was with her and heard her moaning in pain and begging not to leave her behind. He felt so helpless because he can't do anything and he didn't know what Rosalia went through to be traumatized like this. Rosalia briefly woke up and asked him not to kill her and to hold her hand. Then she lost consciousness again and the duke panicked and was screaming for the doctor to check on Rosalia. Rosalia just fell asleep.

Anyway, after that whole thing, it was discovered that Daniel's family had been exploiting the artists they were sponsoring. They're sort of scamming poor illiterate artists. The family was then bankrupted (if I'm not mistaken the duke had a hand in this).

The Duke told Rosalia that Edmond would not be allowed to hunt for two-three days as punishment lol. In Rosalia's mind, she was like, that's punishment? He burned the paintings tho? Lol.

Edmond was also not invited to Rosalia's party, but that didn't stop him from coming lol. While Daniel's bish cousin was trying to bully Rosalia when she was alone at the party, Edmond came dragging a bloody dead boar lmao. The other kids got scared and ran away. Edmond proudly said that he hunted that boar for her as a gift, also it wasn't her only gift, the gift his family got her would be delivered soon. Rosalia and Edmond had some banter and when Edmond said he had to say something to Rosalia, the Duke came, he was mad again because he wasn't invited lol he had the knights drag him and lock him up somewhere. While he was being dragged, he told Rosalia to wait for him because he had something to tell her lol.

Edmond was impulsive and wild and it was described that Edmond's family just do whatever they want, like kinda chaotic.

Rosalia would be in an accident at her birthday party. The Duke had prepared two pegasi as her birthday gift. Rosalia was so amazed she asked the duke if she can ride one. The Duke agreed. The pegasus was tethered so that it wouldn't fly too high. Once Rosalia mounted the pegasus, it started to fly, and then it became wild and broke free from the rope. The Duke shouted Rosalia's name and before he knew it, Julian went past him and rode the other pegasus to get to Rosalia. His pegasus became wild too.

Julian was able to catch up to Rosalia and told her to grab his hand. After struggling so much, Rosalia was able to grab Julian's hand. Julian grabbed her and they both fell down. Julian took most of the impact and he was unconscious and was covered in blood and it didn't seem like he was breathing anymore. Rosalia was feeling pain all over her body, but all the could think about is Julian and how he could die if she didn't do anything. She started crying saying please, she began to lose consciousness, but she was begging, just begging, she didn't know who, to save Julian, before she completely fainted, she saw a faint light on Julian iirc then she heard footsteps and the duke screaming her name.

She got into the library. When she got there she saw small ghost-like creatures. She followed them and they were all freaking out. They were speaking in a different language but Rosalia can understand it. They were saying she was the one who had damaged the book. She then saw a book on the floor. It was damaged and when she looked closer she saw the lines, I have the imperial family at my hands now, I don't need Julian anymore so I can get rid of him. Rosalia felt ominous. She then woke up after that. She was confined in her room until she was able to recover. She asked after Julian, and the Duke told her Julian was alive and he didn't have any wounds despite falling from a high place. Rosalia was traumatized seeing a bloodied almost lifeless Julian. However, Julian's curse got worse. He hunts monsters more frequently now.

The Duke informed her it was the Fordner family's fault. Rosalia vaguely remembered seeing Daniel's face when she was riding the pegasus. The Duke said the pegasi were injected with a rare drug. He was sure it wasn't just the Fordners behind it since they're now broke they won't be able to afford anything.

Yep, the Duke of Oricsa was involved too. Rosalia found out about this when she tried to ran away from the Oricsas and she accidentally hid in Duke Oricsa's study and found the letter sent by Count Fordner.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  13. PrincessGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    wait the saintess is 6 while fl is 8?but i thought rosaline ask the duke for a favor about Cordelia and the duke said rosaline is his bestfriend bc she didn't pick him but the other
    oh isn't this in the new chapters in the manhua when she fainted she was in the library and she see her self reading a worn out book so it means she was really the saintess then what happened to the world in the 1st timeline since they made the other Cordelia the saintess and killed the real Saintess

Laerta likes this.
  14. Rin_-_

Rin_-_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that Rosaline is the daughter of the saint and the second son of the oricsa family. Cordelia is most likely the illegitimate or hidden daughter of the first son of the oricsa family. The oricsa planned the murder of the saint with the emperor. The orsica can steal the blood of the actual saint (Rosaline) to make their favored daughter the saint. And using Rosaline’s blood, Cordelia change her fate in the book. The emperor helped to ensure his illegitimate first son can have the throne with the “saint” as his empress.

Jukki, Zepelim, Ceilo27 and 9 others like this.
  15. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for this, with so many manhwa out there and similiar story also, it's hard to keep up with the character's name

16. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, if the MC ain't the Dad's Biological daughter I'm out. It super weird he so obsessed with a woman who didn't even love him back that he adopted her kid. Like I hope he at least gets his own biological children. Like find someone who loves you back.

17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler above says that she probably did love him back, but for some reason she has accepted the proposal of another man and her character has changed suddenly, so there’s some scheme involved, possibly brainwashing or magic.

And I’m sure that if a person whom you love a lot was dying and has asked you to take care of their child anyone would’ve done that. Especially with the money and power the duke has. It’s not like an adopted child will make a big difference in his budget or lifestyle.

18. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! But I suspect that since everyone was aware that the child of Rosalia was going to be the reincarnation of the Saintess, I think that, from the way that they orchestrated Rosaria's downfall even before the little girl read the book about her life, they didn't just want the Saintess for themselves but one that they could fully control which is where the fake one comes in. They probably thought or perhaps KNEW that they wouldn't be able to fully brainwash Rosaria so they took blood from her to give to Cordelia.

icay1x, Plumpuppeach, Jukki and 6 others like this.
  19. chubbykitty

chubbykitty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoiler:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Lalali likes this.