Spoiler The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazying on the Dragon King’s Lap

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Feb 4, 2017.

1. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About this, Ruri once mentioned(in manga, quiet early too) they moved before but Asahi somehow found them and come to cling again, you know? Ruri's parents can't just report her to police because she was indeed her 'friend' in name and not trying to kill her daughter or something, not to mention we don't know how much they did in first place since they are not mentioned much in first place. Sorry I can only see her as some flower field in brain, creepy pushy stalker.
    Well her character may be victim of Author's writing since mangaka write her like that but I don't understand why are you so dead set on blaming Ruri or her parents. Did you read too much villainess manga and think every shoujo MC is bad girl?

Boopbup likes this.
  2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a villaness novel though

3. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Why MC's situation seems framed heroine, not misunderstood villainess to me?

ps: Wow that was fast! How rare~

4. MsWeaberBee

MsWeaberBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it isn’t a villainess novel, it’s one of those mistaken saintess where they accidentally summon two people and mistaken the other one as the saintess.

sunflowerunderthesun likes this.
  5. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FUN FACT

There are other stories/titles that share the trope:

(Office Worker) MC gets accidently summoned with another girl (either she is really nice or a delusional white lotus bitch parasite) by selfish royal assholes and their court wizards. In most cases she/MC turns out to be the true purifying saint/savior.
    Unless the summoned extra is just an ordinary male 30 year old accountant with no special power ;)

• A no tachiichi (Worst Weak Unlikable Immature Characters and Bad Writing)
    • Seijo no Hazu ga, Douyara Nottoraremashita (A Worse Trashier Version of White Cat)
    • The Knight Captain Wants to Monopolize the Girl Who Had Glasses (FL is a dumb pushover)
    • Isekai Trip no Wakiyaku datta Ken (Both summoned girls are BFFs)
    • The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (Relaxing Slice of Life)
    • Isekai Omotenashi Gohan (Good Supportive Older Sister MC)
    • This “Summon Kitchen” Skill is Amazing! ~Amassing Points by Cooking in Another World (Cute Ice Bear Knight)
    • I'm A Saintess Who Was Exiled So My Fluffy Servant (Holy Beast) and I Make Onigiri
    • The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World (Adult Outdoor Enthuasist with Camper-Van)
    • The Affairs of the Other World Depend on the Corporate Slave (BL about mature overworked male accountant)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    bamboo_panda likes this.
  6. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    With the recent notifs I got from this thread, bumping and requesting novel spoilers

7. yodireads

yodireads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a note that the classmates were given a place to live and employment as farmhands — they definitely get paid, and they can absolutely leave, and all but Asahi are explicitly noted as living happily in a later volume after Ruri and Jade get married—

The female classmate gets engaged to a ‘kind and serious’ man who works directly for the lord of land (Finn’s parents IIRC) and comes to visit Ruri in the capital with her fiancé to apologize before getting married because, enchantment or no, she still has lingering guilt over trying to kill Ruri and feels like she needs to clear the air before pursuing her own happiness. Ruri notes she wasn’t in a forgiving mood when they last spoke, but time has cooled her temper and she sincerely wishes the other classmate well (basically like, look, I’ve been so happy I forgot about it, so you should forget about it too and also be happy). Classmate then gives an update on the two male classmates—one of them is saving save up because he wants to travel around the fantasy world, and the other one has fallen in love with a rabbit-eared beast person who works with him and everyone’s taking bets on when they will get engaged. Ruri congratulates female classmate on her marriage and explicitly says she’s glad the other two are enjoying this world. Only update on Asahi is the female classmate kind of awkwardly and vaguely saying Asahi settled down after a curriculum with the lady of the land, but that Asahi is still Asahi and she doesn’t recommend Ruri go see her.

Like…their situation isn’t as grand and fancy as Ruri’s but they’re clearly not suffering.

FWIW, female classmate’s own perspective on things:
    "What I did... It might have been because of Asahi-san's Bewitchment, but I indeed did something horrible, so I need to take responsibility," she explained, clenching her hands in her lap. She was smiling, but her brows were furrowed. "I know this may be an inconvenience for you, Morikawa-san, but I need to do this, or I can't take that man's hand in marriage with pride. So I'm sorry," she apologized, bowing her head deeply. "Please forgive me for wishing to be happy even though I tried to kill you."

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump/Spoiler Request

Still hoping for Vol.03 spoilers. Still curious on Hi-sama (Great Fire Spirit) spoilers. Did he hit on Ruri’s mom or something? Did his presence sour Jade’s mood as a king of the kingdom and he didn’t want to let a womanizer affect the dragonkin women?

9. XoxoHikari

XoxoHikari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this thread and realised how ironic it is that the ones defending Asahi is like Asahi herself.

Asahi only believes in things in her perspective. Together with her charm abilities, no one has ever corrected her of course. And those who can (since her magic is quite strong, there's not many of them only a handful) could nvr have convinced her, since there's alot more ppl agreeing with her warped ways. So she stayed warped. Asahi isnt bad, bt she isnt innocent either. She nvr bothered to undrstnd the ppl who tried to tell her what's real. No, Asahi jst didnt even consider to respect another person's opinion.

bamboo_panda likes this.
  10. iLoveitWhenMyOTPsGetTogether

iLoveitWhenMyOTPsGetTogether New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading through the spoilers, but one thing was pissing me off. Her classmates aren't children or teens, they're literally college student so they aren't some innocent little kids. If they were in the real world, charmed or not they would have done some jail time since they attempted to kill her. I'm not sure if it was different int he novel, but in the manga Ruri mentioned many times that she was a college student.

Ruri also said her mom was a model, and that her mom and the people who worked with her mom were never influenced by Asahi. Asahi, while a ditzy airheaded, charmed people of all ages, not only people their age. Ruri once recounted how she was forced to give Asahi her doll, even though Asahi had one, just becasue Asahi wanted Ruri's and her own doll. In school if Asahi did something wrong or went missing, everyone, teachers included, would blame Ruri.

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 2 schools of thought for imprisonment, punishment and rehabilitation.

The US goes punishment, and has one of the developed worlds worst crime and recidivism rates. where as rehabilitation focused countries like Norway have much lower crime and recidivism rates (Norway's is less then half the US rate).

The dragons chose a rehabilitation punishment and sent them to work on a farm, under supervision. It was effectively the same as sending them to work on a penal colony just with a "you can leave once we feel you are safe to go" clause. Asahi notably was not safe to leave anywhere near as fast as the others, if ever.

You need to consider how fast they felt regret and ashamed of their actions once the charm was sealed is strong indication it was seriously affecting their mental process, and they were not in their right minds.

yodireads likes this.