Spoiler The Wicked Woman's Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ketchupblood, Jul 17, 2020.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really have to suspend my belief that og heroines are portrayed as homewreckers and the audience love them. Never once have I seen a homewrecker heroine before.

They only seem to exist in these villaness ones so the MC can be justified and have a tragic backstory

I've never seen it played straight

And in what world would a child be beaten to death and the readers would be "Haha deserved it". Author sama please. Regular readers arent psychopaths and if in real life a novel OG one was relased it would be hated

Like why even make the MCs mother a villaness

Shes the one who seems like the classic tragic heroine. Nothing about the OG leads screams heroic. In fact the heroine is the evil stepmother archetype through and through.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And does the duke and his lover become a new family ? With kids ? I hope she’s taking revenge on the duke and his lover cuz she’s a fucking homewrecker

3. FengYuyi

FengYuyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil chapter 4 to 7

4. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you new to the novel world? Or did you not explored all the genres? Did you forgot those ceo novels where MLs have those fiancees for business purposes, cause they needed help from their father, and make their affection grow but never spearing an ounce of sincerity for them? And the moment the FL comes in all their clumsy glory and fiancee got jealous and try to make them go away from their legal relationships, they are labeled bad guys. And readers are such hypocrites there , like the wrong doer is the fiance all along. They are like, "why do the ML have to be responsible for your feelings?" Bah. Like as if the ml didn't pursue the marriage for business. If they had a miscarriage, they cheers like cheerleaders. Disgusting fellows. The same goes for those high school love stories. ML always seems to have girlfriend before he ditch her for the 'naive and cute as a baby chick' fl's. Cause they tried to scared away the 3rd party in their relationship. They get publicly shamed for it. Author didn't put that out of no where but reality.
    If they want, human could be the most pathetic, psychotic and disgusting creatures.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Ravenz, hillo315, _Melissa_ and 62 others like this.
  5. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually very common in modern chinese novels. That's why they have a term called little three or third party. Even japanese novels in otome games and isekai stories have these similar settings like "Common sense of a Duke's daughter". That's why even though, this is a korean novel, it had similar vibes to chinese and japanese novels.

To be honest, this kind of remind me of the setting in "Surviving as a Maid" with the king, queen and male concubine. And although its BL, lets be fair here, the original main characters were the king and male concubine too. The queen was the offended party and the MC male concubine was the homewrecker.

In some of these kinds of stories, the readers often read in the perspective of the heroine describing them as innocent mary sues who fell for the MLs even though they were already attached. The stories justify them as victims bullied by the villainess so they get their happy ending. When in truth and in fact weren't they the third parties ruining the relationship in the first place.

And actually its quite common for people to turn on others. For example in medieval times since her mother is a witch, people will assume the daughter is probably a witch too. Even today you sometimes see it, families of convicted criminals are harassed just because they were related to them.

6. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    The stories you're talking about the fiance or GF is usually cheating on the side too or they eat puppies in there downtime whcih is why they usally have the shiity justification on why ML is allowed to sleep rape the heroine.

This is how the template goes for CN novels at least
    1. ML notices MC and begins to stalk/harras her
    2. MC declines his advanced cause pure virginal maiden shit
    3. Fiance notices ML almost raping MC
    4. Like good asian fashion blames the MC instead of the ML
    5. Sends goons to rape her, kills her dog and does a bunch of other criminal stuff
    6. Randomly turns out she was cheating on him too

See with all these acts the audience at least feels some sort of justification for hating her. They "usually" dont hate her just cause shes the fiance

I don't read those novels cusse there a whole other pile of shit. But again ive never read a novel where the fiance is like the one described in villaness novels. Good innocent gurlz who dindu nuthing

In this one the Villaness was a legit innocent women who was a victim

Tell me of one novel which has a heroine and antagonist like this. I don't think you can cause they dont exist. Yes there are novels where the ML marries a women and spends his love on the pure hearted women but again those novel portrays the married women as the Heroine and the thried wheel the antagonist

Like why didnt the author just pay it straight. The villaness is a tragic heroine and the MC her abused cinderlla type daughter. Whenver I see stories like this its shameless to me cuase there just jumping on the Villaness bandwagon and become the very thing they parody.

Like the author could have made the MC mother a legit evil women and wed still feel sympathy for the MC. Becuse children are innocent and dont deserve to suffer for the mistake of there parents. I'd still think that her dad was an ashpspite asshole for treating his own kid that way and letting her die

But no. According to authors these days the MC or people related to her have to be 100 percent misunderstood. No nuance allowed.

It would have made a much better story with the MC recognizing her mom as evil bit still loving her cause shes her mother and wanting revenge on her father for the way he almost let his kid die. But no. Characters arent allowed to be complex

Instead we get this weird half assed stuff that makes you wonder how the OG readers even likd the original protags of the novel

But gonna stop here before I get too off topic

7. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea but my point is where are all these stories where the MC is a Legit homewrecker? I've never seen one played straight.

8. TuranTHESuperstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Yes i have read novel with actual good villain's. When they die , the actual truth came out that heroine was bullied by someone else who made the villainess his escape goat. Or the one, where the villainess had watch her lover flirting with the fl and being the hot head she is threw tea on her. The problem is heroine was also innocent. The ml was the problem but he never got condemned because he is ml, duh. It was on wattpad I guess. Another one was where the wife couldn't get pregnant so they hired a surrogate and instead of doing it the science way they slept in her bed. She went bat shit crezy. Even the fl later acknowledged that the villain's condition was their fault. There were many story in wattpad , you would feel sorry for the villainess stead.
    One story I particularly remember, where the ml get the villainess raped cause she tried to kill the fl who was his mistress. He didn't like the villainess father who forced the marriage.
    There is also these ancient themed novel where the fl is concubines who overthrow the main wife. Why don't they understand, wifes most of the time will blame the 3rd party as offender then their husband? Of course she would try to kill you.
    Oh, there was another one named malice or something I read back in 2015. Heavily pregnant Villainess got beaten till she miscarried because the ml said she cheated when all along he had an illegitimate child. Villainess father died saving daughter she went crazy but later found out the paternity test was fake created by his enemy. He and fl vowed to avenge her but I was like weren't it you people who are actually guilty? He even went as far as to bankrupt villain's dad who treated him as son since childhood.

9. Twiggysan

Twiggysan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused about her hair color. On the cover its white but in the books its purple. Am I miss reading it or does she dye it later?

10. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Wattapad stories are written by mostly teens to pre teens though. I give them a pass cause looking back most of them will cringe at the stuff they wrote. Were talking about the same site that has serial rapist falling in love with the MC and shes changes them with there pure ways.

And yeah cheating Isnt an excuse to kill someone. At least in modern days. Cheating isnt illegal but murder sure is. Stoning adulters to death is a thing only backwards countries do

In these ancient china harems stories everyone was poisoning eahcother other. I mean the main goal was to become the empress

e372256f51b0ea2c46e6ff2c2144d838.jpg

11. TuranTHESuperstar

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember another one. It was not a wattpad book but a renowned writers. The villainess of his 1st book was the heroine of the 2nd. Villain waited 10 years for the ml to stand back up on his leg, taking care of his paralyzed self never breaking the engagement and never hooking with others and he went and fall for his editor. She went through shit for him. At the second book when the guilt riden villainess for trying to harm the heroine married her own ml, they meet again and the ml of first book can't even look at her eyes straight. He knew, he was guilty of her. Though she had already lost her unborn child with him at that point and caring for her husbands daughter from 1st marriage.
    So, shit like those actually exist and are very well written too.

12. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some chinese novels like that. But those are really terrible. The author justifies the MC as the white moonlight of the ML or their first love. The ML cheats on his wife or fiancee because he couldn't forget his first love the MC. So the author justifies it as the ML belonging to the MC's from the beginning before he got married.

I really don't read those kinds of stories because they portray the MC as whimpy victims. There's one that was fairly recent. I didn't read it because I didn't like the premise. The premise was there were two sisters. ML married one sister but he cheated on her by making the other sister his mistress. The MC was the mistress sister but she's more like portrayed as a victim. I forgot the title but its a chinese novel and it had a low rating in novelupdates. The fact remains though she was still the homewrecker or little three in the story.

13. TuranTHESuperstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. My point exactly. Authors portrays the heroine as victim while they are actually the offender. Since they are shown as pitiful and story flows through their pov, reader are biased to them.