Spoiler The Wicked Woman's Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ketchupblood, Jul 17, 2020.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See At least that's self aware. And the author knew that the leads have done was bad which is why she gave the villaness a good ending.

These reincarnation novels would have you make the heroine the bitchiest girl on the planet and wed have to belive that audiences and the author of the og novel went "hmmm yup thats a great heroine totally cant see how anything's wrong with that ".

Was this an American novel though? Sounds intresting. Do you remember the name?

I'll he honest. I do read stories where the ML makes the MC his mistress but halfway through we get a lame ass excuse the the wife is literally satan or something. It ties into my OG argument that audience dont like to root for homewrkers escpaully if the person there cheating on them with is innocent (as we can see by the low score of the novel you mentioned) and if they do its cuase the alternative is way worse.

And I bet 1000 dollars the the sister turned out to be evil or soemthing. Usually the wife in these novels was the one who got rid of the MC in the first place and ws the OG homewrecker before marriage.

Still dosent excuse cheating. But between stuff like murder and cheating, cheating is more forgivable

They usally dont celebrate them and like them. Itd make much more sense if the novel the MC of this one has transmigrated into was trashed for having shitty leads.

I do agree that the Authors are biased towards the MC. Which is exactly why theyll never portray them as being a real homewrker and almost always have a justification. I mean think. Would you want your mary sue MC to be portrayed as a hoe?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  2. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I just wanted to ask where did you read this story. I would love to read it for myself.

tisifone21 likes this.
  3. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember the name of the writer. Series had 7 books. It was called second love. And the 2nd book was villain's redemption. I only remember the writer was British and story takes place in Ireland . It's on Amazon if I'm remembering right.

4. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original author could be a pre teen too and the readers edgy, emo teenagers.

Volublekoala965 and Pansy25 like this.
  5. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually read a similar story wh
    I understand what you're saying but actually there are other stories where the MC is a real homewrecker and not just victims. In one cnovel, MC was really the villainess in the story. She tricked the ML into sleeping in her bed and told his parents that something happened so he was forced to marry her when he loved someone else who was his fiance. Isn't the original argument with me was the fact that you have never seen a legit homewrecker MC.

You'll like this story if its your cup of tea. Its even had a good rating. Its in her POV, so you'll know why she did it. MC was really the one who was wrong and hurt others for her actions.

There are a lot of chinese novels who show everyone's POV. And though yes people do not root for homewreckers but there are well written stories to show why the MCs did those acts. Its how good the author skillfully writes the novel that make the premise work.

6. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True and maybe the author of original novel of the so called “Before” the transmigration stories or rebirth happened, doesnt really have that many readers that enjoy the story because yea it doesnt make sense, and MC is not a nice person, while the villains arent at fault, and maybe the author is actually a pre teen (ofc unless its the author him/herself that went into the book world, we usually dont know the identity of the original author) we also Most of the time, dont know whether the novel are actually famous or not

7. seabreezemojito

Reading List:
    Link
    Also sometime the cannon fodder (villain passerby/mini boss) dont actually did much harm to MC, like this cannon fodder insult MC in a party, and then the ML is not happy and decide to bankrupt the cannon fodder parents company, like.... bruh, its only an insult in a party, why would you make everyone in that company suffers, their employees did nothing wrong, but the ML and MC wantonly destroy a company without any regards to their lives

To be honest i dont really mind an evil MC or ML, as long as the author write it truthfully and dont white washed them into this “saint” persons even tho they did much worse than the actual villain/cannon fodder

8. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it was revealed that the original ML was adopted by Chloe for her revenge, the MC is planning to get his position as his adoption by Chloe was the main reason why he got that powerful in the original story. Since the original ML doesn't have that kind of power anyone the FL of the story probably won't be as lucky as she was and now that the MC is in position of power she will have an easier time getting to use her future knowledge to use.

I'm kinda scared of reading the FL's mom POV since for sure I'm gonna get angry and want to stab someone.

9. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some spoilers from some ch 11, ch 18 and ch 30.

There are a lot of conversations with characters I don't know.. As far as I can tell, MC wakes up after the forest ordeal and everything is soft and nice. A bunch of kids + Chloe come into her room and are generally very kind to her

Ch 18 and ch 30 are basically the exact same narrative: MC was sick, she wakes up, Chloe (aka mother) is in her room, they have a warm-fuzzy conversation.

In ch 18 the doting is Chloe telling MC that she may have started the relationship, but that as the adult it's Chloe's job to take care of her now. MC asks to just call Chloe "mother"

In ch 30, MC snuck out (?) and got sick and is worried that her mother will be angry, instead her mother is just worried about her and is glad that she's ok again.

At this point I'm worried that this is actually just another "wow I'm a child and the adults all dote on me" novel.

10. ValriaIness

ValriaIness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I missing something or like why people are mtl-ing chp 8,9 and 9.5(the extra) I would really appreciate if anyone would tell me about chapter 5-7 as of the English translation is till chp 4 as of 25 July. Also wattpad have some weird stories lol. Most are unfinished (probably the author have no idea to continue).
    People are toxic in ways you wouldn't imagine, and the genre of these type of books are common. After all, affairs and complicated relationships are pretty much drama a lot of people love, for example, Palace harems (gong dou 宮斗) are basically woman fighting in love and power in a Palace where most novels would say the FL is the "true love" of the ML(King). There is also the troupe of Otome games setting in aristocrat where the MC would win over the love interest who all have a fiance (note that not all aristocrat Otome is like this, it's just a setting to make the novel more interesting in the MC <who is reborn or etc.> to any character, let it be the heroine, villain, villainess, extra, love interest).
    Korean novels and Chinese novels like putting their MC into a "book" (although not all, but most do make MC reborn into a "book") and the Japanese pretty much started the Reincarnated into Otome game trend. Well... Currently nothing much is new, as a person who reads too much Reincarnation/reborn/isekai novel, I have seen a lot... If this novel is interesting, I think you might also enjoy, 'death is the only ending for the villain(villainess)' .
    Again, someone please share chp 5 to 7! I really need to know what happened!! Please! Thanks in advance :D

11. Ren99

Ren99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her mother is that butterfly. damn I cried when i saw that in the comment. Seems like it was Evil Freyr Extra Ch. Apparently, she prayed that she could do something to her daughter, because she was soo sad when daphne introduced herself and told her mom that she understands her.

And looks like she will meet Maria 2nd part fl ( who is Eunice daughter: as far as i know she is the first part female lead )

Maria will be friend with daphne without knowing she is the daughter of duke.

And i think simone (prince) and lara( dragon?) Will be introduced too. Lol i don't know about this one, i got this from comment section.

They said duke is miserable. ( i wanna see lol)

12. castielris13

castielris13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious though, who's the male lead? Who's the guy on the cover?

13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean the daughter isnt a bicach?

14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, he does not deserve happiness.

I do not know the world of the novel, but he had a duty to respect his wife, and properly raise their children. Not lock his wife up so he could hook up with a tramp, then cast out the legitimate child of his first wife for no valid reason (if he had believed she had sold herself then that would have been justification for divorce to fully get rid of her)

really I hope he has been scandalized by high society, and is looked down on. the way it is supposed to be cutthroat means any weakness will be exploited, and he has several publicly visible ones.

Not certain which (if any) ones apply, but unless the world is horribly made (which alot of these are) it should be most :
    • Their society almost certainly has rules for seeing other women, to keep things civil, that he broke.
    • Guilty or not, proof or not (and I doubt there was any, otherwise the punishment would not be from him, but the crown) his wife attacking his lover is a scandal that beings shame to the entire house, not just the wife, because he should be expected to either respect her feelings, or be able to control her.
    • If there was no hard evidence, then the nobles would wonder if he framed her to justify the new fling, and once the rumors start that is enough.
    • If she was his first wife, then there is a reason MC's mom was his wife, either political connections, money or rank, which he spit in the face of, and whatever the reason should come back to bight him.
    • Is the "New Girl"/ramp even a noble, or is she a commoner? her origin's should reflect on him and their children.
    • Locking his wife up to be with another woman should mean that no one wants to enter an arranged marriage with him for his kids, since he has set a precedence that they will toss it once convenient.
    Honestly it would not surprise me if he ha bee the subject of negative gossip since his affair, and it has only gotten worse since the MC's mom passed away.

One thing I would laugh about is if there was some asset (land, valuables, or even titles) he only had a claim to because of the Mc's mom, and with her the death, and disowning their kid, it means he lost his claim to that asset so some relative is demanding it be handed over.

I would also laugh if there is some so far unmentioned rule in their inheritance laws that limits right to certain assets to the kids of the first wife only, so now his kids can not inherit them. It kind of makes sense if they practice polygamy and marriages are made for political connections, the wife's parents will need to be assured that they are getting something out of the deal and an inheritance limiter would make sure that their grand kids get something.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  15. Deleted member 212141

Deleted member 212141 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers?

SweetEstrella likes this.
  16. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Miserable in the sense ?
    Also can someone tell me how her purple hair is white in the cover ?
    And who is that guy ?

17. seabreezemojito

Reading List:
    Link
    If you dont mind, can you explain how miserable is he?

tisifone21, ariane09 and elparis like this.
  18. Ren99

Ren99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me check about this one, since i have few raw ch. The problem is i don't know how to mtl lol