LCD The Wizard World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by januar, Mar 7, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. its worse in every possible way. The only thing it has going for it is that it was the original and that WMW is plagiarizing it. (But doing it better)
    The MC is a closet lolicon in denial at the beginning. the tags by the translator suggests he will eventually become a full lolicon.

There is a very long (50-something chapters) prologue where the MC is faffing about with the family of the dude whose corpse he body snatched before even starting to learn magic.

The MC seems to be your typical japanese highschooler isekai in terms of waifu, emotions, and morality early on. I don't know if it changes later on though. He also builds himself a fake harem, where he actually goes so far as faking s*x with them when they ask to have s*x with him. He is faking it so that they and their family can get benefits from his super evil but doting father without him actually laying a hand on them (why not? they are literally in love with him and asked for s*x! its not like the girls who were kidnapped by his father for his harem are the ones asking for s*x, not touching those is understandable but those don't even ask).

Also, the MC sees how much the father of the corpse he bodysnatched loves him. And immediately starts loving him unconditionally as well. Despite the fact that he is horrendously evil and everyone hates him and for good reasons for all of them.

Also, the author writes a lot of combat scenes and he is really really bad at them. They are often quite moronic and make no goddamn sense. For example, the MC is shooting arrows at some enemies killing one of them per shot with his cheat aimbot, then bam, he is hit by a crossbow bolt! surprise, he didn't notice that half the cavalry he is shooting at stopped their horses, drew out crossbows from their ass, knocked them, and shot back at him because... reasons? it's secretly a turn based game?

Or he is fighting an enemy who is much much slower than him in melee. suddenly the enemy jumps backwards to put in distance between them, reaches into his satchel, draws and throws 3 knives, this entire thing was done "quicker than the MC could react". what the f**k is this bullsh*t? MC has twice his agi and earlier we have seen that the result of having 2x the agility means he moves faster than the enemy can see! yet suddenly its the enemy's turn so he does all those immersion breaking actions.

I am dead serious when I say that I think the author played out the battles in DnD until he got what he wanted.

Frankly the godawful and completely random and senseless combat is likely going to be what makes me drop this series.

If you want something similarish to WMW try "Age of Adepts", "Throne of Magical Arcana", or "A Sorcerer's Journey". Those are better than The Wizard World. Although neither is anywhere close to warlock of the magus world.

A sorcerer's journey is quite interesting because it is basically WMW but the MC has no cheat (so far. every sorcerer of average+ talent should have an innate ability that gets awoken by the testing, but he doesn't understand what his is yet; but based on what I have seen so far I do not believe it will be a cheat) nor is he a body snatcher from earth (he was born and raised in that world as a dirt poor peasant).

Throne of the arcana is actually kinda annoying. MC dies on earth and bodysnatches a boy in a world of sorcery. with a hypocritical magical church that suppresses sorcerers (any mages who are not of the church). The cheat there is pretty annoying and totally unexplainable. he just has a library in his brain for no reason.

As for age of adepts, it is the closest to WMW. MC is just a little less smart and ruthless than leylin. there are also waifu. But its unclear so far what will happen and how it will be treated. And his AI cheap is inferior to leylin's

edit: I picked it up again and this time I went up to c74 before losing steam. there was more intrigue and less fighting so it was bearable. MC still a moron and the few battles were still bad, but slightly less bad as of late; MC also is slightly less of a japanese MC now. for example a girl with hopelessly low talent recruited him to her mage family. he gets 2 wives with low talent from her family (her and her niece) and a bunch of resources for cultivation, she gets a bonus for recruited talented new blood as well as being allowed to continue attending the academy despite her failure to progress thus far. He actually started sleeping with her (but refused to even meet her niece for "reasons").

eventually I ran out of ch to read and by the time more were translated I just didn't feel like it again.

Slightly Canted likes this.
  2. Asterism

Asterism Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mrttao While that's true, the ghosts in this story are very interesting. You actually feel a sense of danger from not understanding them.

Leocappuccino and mrttao like this.
  3. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah so far Warlock improves on all this novel flaws. MC doesn't even have a unique path yet. Well he did then the author abandoned it. It was going the metal magic way but nope lets turn him into the generic fire wizard.
    I will admit A Sorcerer's Journey has the potential to be better than Warlock. Just that fucked up version we got on Qidan is ruined. The shitty translator literally summarized a lot of stuff in chapters instead of just translating. Even got a lot of names wrong. I still can't believe he called that cat Garfield. From some spoilers somebody told me it sounded amazing. I really hope LNMTL picks it up but they so picky now and pick stuff I don't care about lately.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. dsrack123

dsrack123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will he break his gene limit?

Leocappuccino likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the MC, what do you think?

bonifide and Leocappuccino like this.
  6. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Question is will he have a new mark or just replace mark for Scorpions. The author could do some nice shit with this but I doubt it. Imagine a poisonous illusion.

7. dsrack123

dsrack123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean mark?

Who is the love interest?

8. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the faintest idea. lol

9. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, the MC actually pulled one over Henn and kept her from harming Vivian!

10. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you read the next chapter. SMH this damn author.

11. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    its finally begin, MC getting fast progress

12. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this novel is trash. I tried to wait it out but 300+ chapters and barely any story. Author makes the most easiest thing difficult for the MC just for the sake of conflict. So glad the Magus Author only took only the A.I. chip idea and maybe the bloodline and did his own thing.

13. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is everyone saying That The Wizard World is a copy of Warlock of the Magus World when...
    The Wizard World came out in 2012 and
    Warlock of the Magus World came out in 2015 lol
    IF Someone is copying someone it should be WOTMW copying The Wizard World

And dont get me wrong i like WOTMW a lot more since i just read like 10 ch from The Wizard World but it still ticks me of when someone doesnt do some reserch and says The Wizard world is a copy of WOTMW....
    And im saying all this cause the first 3-4 comments on this thread are how The Wizard World is the same(a copy)from WOTMW ...

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are referring to this thread, then they are not, they are saying that WMW is better.

If you are referring to other places on the internet... well a lot of people are kinda dumb and just assume whatever they saw first or liked better is the original. Whether it is movies, video games, comics, or other stuff they will assume the thing they read first came out first. Some people are just like that

Mercy likes this.
  15. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Molten Core River
    1-3 stage :blobsalute: level 2 wizard
    4 stage :aww: level 3 wizard
    5 stage :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: level 4 wizard
    6 stage :blobupset: level ? wizard

12 stage :blobpopcorn_cool: level 9 wizard

Mercy and mrttao like this.
  16. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Tnx so i was wondering Is it a good read? Anyone?
    If yes ill read it :p

17. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh idk I only read it to spend time and because its daily release.

18. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what disappoints me the most about this novel. Its not the bad fight scenes or long drawn out plot points but Angele's magic focus. To start from the beginning his first master was a master necromancer who was feared throughout the area for her power. While going out during a war he was cursed by a ghost(1) and also finds an ancient metal magic that has been lost in time. Returns then leaves and gets ancient harpy blood that makes his illusion power much stronger and gets followed by (2)ghost at a watch tower in forest. Skip in years and he goes to the Time Axis island and runs into more curses, gains a cursed weapon that effects him, and cursed keys that hide in his hand. Another skip and replaces illusion harpy blood with illusion scorpion blood thats even stronger. And during this entire time his magic choice is to be a BASIC FIRE MAGE. I mean come on you have necromancy, illusion, curses, and metal combine the four of those and you would be so powerful and unpredictable. And before someone argues that fire is stronger than those it was mentioned that the harpys that he got his first dip in illusion magic were so powerful and feared by ancient wizards that they were hunted to extinction! Personally I think it would have been cool to combine the things that he was around. Necromancy to make some corpse fighters, illusion to make them look exactly like the mc, curses on there and his weapons, and then metal for defense. But no don't make something original and interesting be a basic fire mage. . . . End of rant.

mrttao likes this.
  19. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Also author logic says illusion is increasing his speed by 3 times.

mrttao likes this.
  20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good points all around, he is just so stupid