Discussion The world of fanfictions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aure94100, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, It's been a while I haven't posted anything on this forum because during a "whole" year, I was sucked by the world of fanfictions. And I discovered so many treasures that deserve to be published and completely rewrite your perception of this "litterature" that I realized (a year later) that I had to share it with you all.

There are many preconceived notions about "fanfictions" that have left this part of "our" literature scorned and underestimated. But that's largely because people do not know where to go to find a "well-written" fanfiction. In fact, some of them are so well written that they are technically superior to the original product but, because of obvious conflicts, they could never be disclosed through official channels.

I am very present on fanfiction.net where the majority of the community is installed and I can explain to you how to organize your researches to separate the waste from the hidden treasures.
    - First choose which universe you want to read on (Naruto, Harry Potter... etc)
    - Write it in the search browser and click on the first proposed fanfiction ... whatever it is.
    - Above the title, you will see something like "Anime/Manga > Naruto" ; click on the "Naruto" part and you will find the list exclusive to all "Naruto" related works.
    - Then, click on "filters". You have several choices but the most important ones are :
    . "Lengh" (for the long stories), "Characters" (if you want an original character, choose OC) and perhaps "Rating".
    . "Sort: Update Date" that you will have to modify for "Favorites", "Follows" or "Reviews" because you have a better chance to find first the most popular works (know that some recent and underestimated works can escape this system for multiple reasons such as novelty, lack of popularity of the author, etc.)
    - Also, I advise you to create an account because once you're sucked into this world, you will need some organisation like on NovelUpdates.

_______________________________​

Finally, I would like to present you some fanfictions realized in three distinct universes: Naruto, Harry Potter and Star Wars (obviously, I will not put everything there... just a small sample).

STAR WARS
    Luke/Vader stories (I just love the "ifs" around this pair)

- "Son of Suns Trilogy" ("Into the Storm", "In Shadows and Darkness" and "At the Brink of the Dawn and the Darkness") : an "if" in which Luke is captured by his father and handed over to the emperor who will slowly demolish his life, his convictions and his loyalties to lead him to a whole new future.
    - "Hostage" : Luke is the prince of Alderaan and, in order to bend the royal family to the will of the emperor, will find himself under the forced guard of Darth Vader. A clash of wills between the prince and the sith... then the discovery of a shocking secret.
    - "Force Bond" : Owen and Beru are killed by a mysterious stranger, young Luke ends up as an orphan on Coruscant. It's a race against time as Obi-Wan struggles to find Luke before Vader realizes the boy is his son. (for this one, I just left the original synopsis)
    - "Luke Vader series 123" : From Slave, to Dark Lord of the Sith, To Jedi, follow Luke, his father and Mara through their different trials for, against, and because of the Emperor. Covers many years... (idem)

CROSSOVER STAR WARS / HARRY POTTER
    - "Revenge of the Wizard" : a crossover between Star Wars and Harry Potter in which the planet Earth is discovered by the empire, annihilated, its population deported and enslaved. Harry will rebel against his new slave statue and try to save what's left of the magical world.

HARRY POTTER

- " Again and Again" : in which Harry is a jaded sorcerer, darker and bitter who just wants to die but cannot because of an unknown power that forces him to relive again and again all his life. On the 12th comeback, Harry embraces his Slytherin side and makes new allies in the hope of reaching the "ultimate ending". (Att : in this one, Harry is gay but it's not the focus of the story)
    - "Time to Put Your Galleons Where Your Mouth Is" : Harry had never been able to comprehend a sibling relationship before, but he always thought he'd be great at it. Until, as Master of Death, he's reborn one Turais Rigel Black, older brother to Sirius and Regulus.
    - "Ice Crux" (sequel "Dawn Crux") : The Boy-Who-Lived didn't exist and Voldemort won. As a feared authoritarian figure, he rules the Wizarding World and Hogwarts in the shadows. And when a magically talented Harry Potter arrives at Hogwarts, he attracts the unwanted attention of the Dark Lord. Following a magnificent duel Harry is blackmailed into becoming his second apprentice.
    - "Prince of the Dark Kingdom" : Voldemort has won the war and create an isolated kingdom in which muggleborn are taken young from there parents to be adopted in the magical world. A confused and ignorant Harry is taken from the Dursley and stumble in this new world where he will carve his futur and attract the attention of a certain Dark lord. (In this AU, Harry doesn't become dark)
    - "Sacrifices Arc" ("Saving Connor", "No Mouth But Some Serpent's", etc) : a long AU story divide in 7 parts in which Harry's parents are alive and his twin brother Connor is the boy-who-lived. Harry is devoted to protecting him by making himself look ordinary. But some people will not let him stay in the shadows ... as well as dark secrets that will challenge the reasons behind this strange "devotion".
    - "The Debt of Time" : When Hermione finds a way to bring Sirius back from the veil, her actions change the rest of the war. Little does she know her spell restoring him to life provokes magic she doesn't understand and send her in the time of the marauders.
    - "Ultima Ratio" : At last the day of the Final Battle against Lord Voldemort has come. Harry, Ron and Hermione fight bravely against their nemesis - but then something goes wrong. Hermione finds herself propulse in the time of Tom Riddle... and catch his attention.
    - "The Black Heir" (sequel "Vindico Atrum") : Harry escapes from the Dursleys when he's ten years old and is found by the escaped Sirius Black. His whole life changes as they escape England and Harry enters Durmstang and the dark society. (Att. Harry is gay and the scenes are explicit)

NARUTO

OC
    - "Vapors" : Aiko is Naruto's sister but also a reincarnated being of our world. Deciding to take charge, she chose the way of ninjas to protect herself and her brother. What she did not expect was to become the apprentice of her idol.
    - "Spirit of the Triage" : I expected to wake up in one of three places: the hospital, heaven, or hell. Imagine my surprise when I found myself slowly spinning on playground swings, seconds before the massacre of Uzushiogakure was to take place. A young Kushina, who is apparently my little sister, stared at me from across the playground.
    - "Blood Bag" : Stuck on the same team as Naruko Namikaze, daughter of the Hokage, and Sasuke Uchiha, son of the Chief Of Police. How can a simple, unimportant, average academy student like Kane Sanguis shine when surrounded by prodigies? Especially when the entire village hates him for being the host of the 9 Tailed Fox. (The OC is annoying at the beginning but it becomes really good after that)
    - "Yami : The Gamer Kage" : A man wakes up to find himself inside the world of Naruto experiencing it via a video game. Forced to fight to survive, he sets upon a path of self-discovery, whether to save this world or destroy it.

Naruto characters
    - "Drifting" : Naruto is many things; troublesome, wild, unpredictable, adventurous, untamable, unique. But there's a benefit to being wild and unpredictable; no one has the faintest idea what you're going to do next.
    - "Sage" : When Naruto is given a gift considered legendary even in a world where walking on water is a daily occurrence for some, will it lead him on a path towards peace or will the consequences of said gift leave a hole in his heart too large to fill ?
    - "Before the Dawn" : Fifteen-year-old Sakura never expected to become missing nin, but in a Konoha ruled by Danzou, she has no other choice. Finding her path entangling with the village's most infamous renegade, Itachi Uchiha, though, was another story entirely.
    - "Kagemane Complete" : Shikamaru makes a single, different choice at the beginning of the chunin exams. With it he makes a mortal enemy of Orochimaru and must try to outmaneuver the sanin.

Zirache likes this.
  2. Randomreader123

Randomreader123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good that you raise awarness about fanfictions, they are indeed well written, if you compare them to most of the stuff here (random xianxia/isekai).
    But while the text is well written, even the ones you listed here (and I've read) contain many flaws (storywise not grammarwise).
    But begger can't be chooser.
    Edit: Not to say, that most of the stories here are flawless, they are likely even worse.

3. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also the option of using communities, they are kinda like a reading list. There is general communities like "video game plot" or "female characters". There is also communities that are for one series like "supernova pirate crew" for one piece or "mutant tony stark" for avengers.
    Note: These are just random examples, not recommendations.

4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been around ff.net longer so here ya go
    Dragonball DC Touzoshin Dragon Ball Z 10-28-2018 10-26-2018
    The Spider I'mjusttryingtofindmyway Avengers 10-28-2018 02-13-2018
    Heroes Assemble! Stargon1 Harry Potter 10-24-2018 01-22-2018
    Better Left Unsaid Kenchi618 Naruto 10-20-2018 04-12-2017
    A Discordant Note Noodlehammer Harry Potter 10-11-2018 10-14-2018
    Dreaming of Sunshine Silver Queen Naruto 10-07-2018 04-12-2017
    Return of The Heavenly Demon AzumiBear Naruto 09-22-2018 07-23-2018
    For Love of Magic Noodlehammer Harry Potter 08-13-2018 10-10-2018
    Second Wind The-Lost-Samurai One Piece 07-17-2018 10-14-2017
    A Third Path to the Future Vimesenthusiast Harry Potter 05-31-2018 04-24-2018
    Stargate: Immortal Seraphin2011 Stargate: SG-1 03-18-2018 04-12-2017
    Tell it to the Marines Tsume Yuki One Piece 02-03-2018 10-31-2017
    The Unwoven Threads of Fate Diadru Naruto 01-01-2018 09-02-2018
    Harry Potter - Alteran - Part 2 Sashian Stargate: SG-1 11-15-2017 01-31-2018
    The Stars Alone Darth Marrs Stargate: SG-1 10-21-2017 09-10-2017
    Shinobi of the High Seas Kenchi618 Naruto 10-10-2017 04-12-2017
    Harry Potter - Alteran Sashian Stargate: SG-1 09-18-2017 01-31-2018
    A Man of Iron Mr. Chaos Ironman 09-07-2017 03-07-2018
    Strange Gameplay for a Ninja Champygnakx Naruto 08-06-2017 07-19-2017
    Origin Story Worldmaker Buffy: The Vampire Slayer 07-22-2017 10-04-2018
    The Root of Darkness Amorphis760 Naruto 07-05-2017 07-21-2017
    Stargate: The Second Great Alliance Seraphin2011 Stargate: SG-1 01-05-2017 04-12-2017
    Stargate: Return of the Ancients, Season 2, Ep 10 Aer-ki Jyr Stargate: SG-1 07-12-2015 04-20-2017
    The Terran Jedi The Dark Scribbler Buffy X-overs 06-11-2015 02-25-2018
    Deathly Hollowed Ice Vixen X Harry Potter 01-02-2015 10-22-2017
    Hogyoku ex Machina Mac Ceallach Bleach 06-24-2013 10-25-2017
    Marie D Suesse And The Mystery New Pirate Age! Phalanx One Piece 06-16-2013 10-31-2018
    A Spark of Genius michaelsuave Buffy: The Vampire Slayer 05-12-2013 10-09-2018
    Broken Chains Darth Marrs Star Wars 10-27-2012 09-07-2017
    Isis's Bane and the Goblet of Fire althor42 Harry Potter 09-09-2012 02-08-2018
    Stargate: The Guardian's Order Seraphin2011 Stargate: SG-1 08-06-2012 04-12-2017
    Isis's Bane: A New Home althor42 Stargate: SG-1 10-14-2010 02-08-2018
    Isis's Bane: Tar'Chell's Wrath althor42 Stargate: SG-1 07-22-2010 02-08-2018
    Stargate: Return of the Ancients, Pilot Episode Aer-ki Jyr Stargate: Atlantis 03-28-2009 04-20-2017
    Isis's Bane althor42 Stargate: SG-1 01-25-2009 02-08-2018
    Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Darth Marrs Star Wars 08-03-2008 04-20-2017
    Jedi Harris The Dark Scribbler Buffy X-overs 09-01-2005 02-25-2018