LCD The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Scholar Occult Cauldron, Oct 15, 2018.

1. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called fight or fight for a reason it depends on the person. Basic human instinct can cause you to kill if your primitive mind knows your trapped. Like in the chapter Leon said he couldn't run away because the black knights would get him. But we're getting really far into psychology and the books not that deep. still no ones disproven my point that Leon's not skilled enough to not, not kill. this is all about the bad writing. As I said before you can have a character not kill and still be good. If he did't bring up not killing in every fight I wouldn't mind at all.
    Luxeon is the only reason Leon can do anything. I think I dislike this more then Leon being whinny about killing. Leon himself sucks as Luxeon said he does 70% of the work. I mean think about it every time Leon won the only reason was Luxeon. Five V one dual OP suit away. the races Luxeon again, pirates OP suit again , super strong and skilled Black Knight author pulls something out of his ......

2. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the thing, that's the point of the story lol. He got an op ai and now he's exploiting the hell out of it. No need to get annoyed by it. If it were about Leon himself being op, then this would just be your typical isekai story

3. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    True but in most isekai stories it's the MC power not the MC companions' power. Again it's not one thing that is making me hate this book It's everything together that's turning this in a typical BAD isekai story. I don't read alot of isekai and I had high hopes for this one. I think the only isekai I've been reading are This novel and
    Overlord
    Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite
    A Wild Last Boss Appeared
    and I think The Novel’s Extra counts as an isekai.

4. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You think that it's different from other isekai mc's power is because Luxeon is sentient. Look at it another way by comparing to your other reading list. (overlord and wild last boss the one I know), if Leon didn't get Luxeon, he then become trash, if other isekai mc didn't get their game's character then they also become trash. It's only because Luxeon can talk, you doesn't count him as Leon's power but a different entity.

5. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    But they try, you can say they 're the same, they're not but lets look at this. At the start they all tried Leon went and got Luxeon went to school did the dual then no improvement for two books just coasting on Luxeon not trying to improve. then look at Ruphas she's reuniting the 12 stars and finding out about why she's there and the memories. Ainz is also exploring the world and growing Nazarick power. while Ruphas and Ainz aren't growing in personal power they are moving forward. After the first book Leon didn't stuff just happened around him and he got dragged kicking and whining through the last 2 books. I mean he does some cool things in the last two books. But for every good thing the rest of the chapter is him whining and doing everything to ruin the cool thing he did.

6. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But look, They have different goal. Ains want to reunite with his friends so he looks for their clues and one thing lead to another but ultimately he follow his aim. Ruphas want to find out what happen and why is she there so she follow her aim. Leon want to get a wife and have a happy life so he follow his aim. What? So because they did different thing because their aim is different, you mad he didn't want to rule over the world?

Mors86 and RagnMunkeez like this.
  7. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    But he does nothing to accomplish that just saying he want a wife is not moving forward. No I don't need him to rule the world. If he trained or planned for the war or even did something with his island I won't mind Luxeon does everything with the island and he doesn't train at all until book 3 chapter 9 and the war again not until book 3 then he throws away all the work he did because Livia got mad. Over something stupid.

8. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But like I said, his aim was to get a WIFE! In their world, to get a wife you need to impress them with wealth and tea party which he DID (at least he tried to impress them). Why would he need to plan for war when he only just want a WIFE? Ultimately he did not see why he have to participate in the war event of the otome game story since he is a 'mob'. The only reason he go get Luxon is to get wealth to bitchslap his stepmother face and prevent her from force married him off or die a cannon fodder somewhere so she can get his share of family wealth. I ask you now, which part did he do that did not follow his aim? He get Luxon, not for WAR, but as a bitch prevention stick. He arrange tea parties often to act as a blind date of sort. All the event concerning Anjie and Livia is just him meddling in unnecessary due to his form of 'justice'. I ask again, for his aim to get a wife and live peacefully, why would he need to train and prepare for war?????

9. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    Again your agreeing with me he did all that in the first volume and I said he did stuff in the first volume. in the second he stops most of that. You can say he's with Livia and Anjie but according to Leon he can't marry them. so he's done nothing in volume 2 towards his goal.I remember everything from volume 1 but for the life of me all I can remember about most of volume 2 is him whining and just being a little B***** I mean unlikable(other then that part with the queen). but anyway I've wasted more time than wanted on this so you win. I'm going to wait till like halfway through volume 3 to read this again hope he gets less whinny and cowardly and gets together with Livia and Anjie.

10. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really get what you mean by 'again you're agreeing with me' but you said he does nothing to accomplish his goal and I said he did. At the start of volume 2, he still did his tea parties (and still fail) it just that the story took place outside the academy where he can't do his parties. I feel like you keep jumping around. He think that he can't be with them so at the start of vol. 2 he keep up his parties for that reason. He then didn't take the pirate quest because he want Livia to be his wife but it his form of 'justice' to keep otome story in check. Since he can't be with the two, why would he put in the effort to woo the 2 of them? You throw a swimmer into a desert and blame him for not 'swimming'? I don't get you.

Mors86 likes this.
  11. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    DW he will

reagents 11 likes this.
  12. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps you should read my whole response instead of cherry picking it. I said he did nothing after volume 1 and you gave me everything he did in volume 1 as a reason he's a good character. I'm not disputing that he was good in volume 1. I said he was super whiny in volume 2

13. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that response to me or janoi? Cause I never disagreed with either

14. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt say anything about vol 1. i only talk about vol 2. i did not cheery pick. please re read the comment.

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh he was promoted again

16. SpinelesS

SpinelesS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to see the MC is becoming more likable...

17. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does any one got link to online LN raw? I only got the WN raw and the story is different.

18. Averroes93

Averroes93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How different is it?

19. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Minor detail and the story timeline. From my MTL skimming, the order of events are swap around a bit so it's hard if you want to MTL it after reading the TL novel since you don't really know when is the time you want to jump in following after the TL

20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lol those 5 idiot has just splurge money like it's nothing