LCD The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Scholar Occult Cauldron, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Naofumi

Naofumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude she literally made their mom think that Leon was a bl lover, playing the game was just to confess to their parents that those things were her, i think when Leon died the parents found out what kind of girl was their daughter (Leon got a lot of capture of her messages and when he finish that game he wonder why he didn't show to their parents, then he died) perhaps they feel guilty and that's the reason her position on the family change, for what i can see marie really didn't change after what happen to Leon and he was the person who was always cleaning her mess, even after he was gone she was always blaiming him, the wonderful family where she's now got the same wavelength that her that's her punishment after what she did to the only one that was truly taking care of her

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  2. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said. Stop mixing past life with this one. Please separate 'luck' and 'consequence'. What I'm talking about is just purely about her bad luck on how she already have a hard time since she was born in a shitty noble household who keep spending money and creating debts. What's that got to do with her previous life?
    'Oh hey! My daughter was just born but I can feel she was an A-hole in her past life so lets be shitty parents to her in this life!' Something like that?

3. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    But maybe if she was a better person in the first life she would have a better family in the next like Hinduism.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Naofumi likes this.
  4. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't bring politic and IRL religious into a make up world with magic please. Other than for plot sake, there is no relationship between Maria's past life and current life's shitty noble family.

5. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Then call it Karma, she was a shitty person in the last life and now she's being punished for it in this one.

Naofumi likes this.
  6. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude literally Leon wonder exactly what she did in her previous life to deserve the luck that she got, think for a second the new family and her are basically the same, selfish people.
    This is basically the trope of the reincarnation so he got a point i don't know why the hate
    Yeah it's true but like i said in the previous post the author give those hint that make you enjoy reading. now in the second book the Mc talk about karma and in this one talk about love ring a bell
    in the web novel there's a talk that explain what would happen if Leon didn't take luxon
    Luxon will accompany Livia and the capture targets just to find out that the new humans are weak then proceed to kill everyone
    and Marie didn't steal Livia position as the heroine
    she get to be with her brother

7. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure her husband didn't leave her because she had a shitty personality during her marriage since her facade wore off?

8. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel its pretty much force plot line. I mean if Maria's family in this life is decent then i don't think she will do any of this stuff she did. In the first place, she is a noble and a girl so if her family is good then by world's logic, she would be happy with money and servants already. Its got nothing to do with karma. Currently the main reason she did every thing is because she was poor and in debt. I bet if she was born in a rich family, she wouldn't even bother with any of the five idiots since she would just be another bitch follow by hordes of male-hoe. I mean why would she work so hard for saint position if she is rich. She can get any men-type she want.

9. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right she say that her partner run away
    I don't think so she's the kind that doesn't learn of her mistakes Leon ask why she choose the reverse harem and she say that's the obvious choice, look all the girls that got a good and rich family and they have a warped personality leaving aside the mc personality he got money and power and the girls who send the letters ask him to take care or them and their servants aka lovers

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  10. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she choose the reverse harem was because she was poor. She aim to become a saint>get together with idiot prince(+4 bonus idiots)>become queen>live the life she THINK she deserved. Got nothing about learning from mistake. She's just the type that probably would stop if her life is luxurious and rich enough surround by hot male lover. I still stand that if she was born in rich family then none of this story would happen.

Mors86 likes this.
  11. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say. Because of her prior shitty life, she might aim for the protagonist position regardless of circumstance. That seems more along the lines of her personality based on what was shown. Of course she could use better methods since she isn't as desperate.

Brago130sf and GrimVeilRule like this.
  12. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    “──Why did you think about making a reverse harem?”

“You got a complaint? It would only be human for someone to seek a happiness that they could reach.”

Happiness? That’s the reason why this girl took everything from Livia?

“You’re saying that it feels great to kick others down for the sake of your own happiness? Apologize to Livia.”

Marie cast her eyes downward while grumbling within the dark passage.

“What do you know? I wasn’t blessed with fortune in my previous life. What’s bad about living my second life as I please? This is about me! I just want to be happy.”

Her methods were so heartless that I couldn’t even laugh.

She had five idiots latch onto her, and to make matters worse, made an irreversible mistake.
    When she got the position of the saint she wanted to get revenge on Leon
    “I took away the protagonist’s position, but there’s no problem with me being the saint in the first place. I mean, healing magic is my strong point. I worked hard to learn it.”

Her efforts to learn healing magic were fueled by the cruelty of her viscount household. Whenever Marie slipped away from the hands of her brutal parents and her heartless siblings, she would temper her healing magic.

Being a person who reincarnated, she used her knowledge as a player of that otome game to learn it.

Marie’s knowledge definitely came from the game.

“In the cutscenes, things were okay as long as the saint prayed──so if anything happens, I can deal with them instead. So please let me have this, Olivia, since nothing good has ever happened to me up until now.”

For someone who reincarnated here──Marie’s knowledge mostly came from cutscenes and CGs. In addition, she had some information from a walkthrough online, though it was incomplete.

After all, she gave up midway when the game became difficult.

The one who cleared it was her “older brother” from her previous life.

“Even so, it was hard. It was extremely risky to retrieve the bracelet, and furthermore, I had a hard time persuading the people in the temple.”

There was also one other factor.

“There was also that mob who defeated the sky pirates. There were some people who confirmed that he had the necklace. Could it be that the boy knows something?”

In the first place, Marie wasn’t familiar with the Baltfault family name.

It did not appear in the game.

“It’s also unnatural that he helped Anjelica. Besides that, there’s his strong armor. Wait, maybe he’s the same as me? Is that why he’s been getting in my way? I definitely won’t forgive him!”

Enraged, Marie pondered about how she could get revenge.

“However──I’m in a better position now. Though he similarly reincarnated here and has been rising through the ranks, I’m now in a position to become the queen in the future. I’ll make Julian the crown prince again and become the queen no matter what! The city of my dreams, a grand and luxurious life awaits me!”

Leon and Marie were very similar.

However, their goals were different.

Leon aimed for a modest life at the countryside while Marie wanted an extravagant life at the royal capital.

“I’ll have beautiful men serving me and live almost every day lavishly. I had a rough time in my previous life as well, so I should be allowed to do this much. The protagonist suits that mob. Huh? In that case, isn’t it fine to leave them alone as it is? No, I can’t. My anger isn’t settling.”

Marie recalled her previous life.

“My previous life really was painful. I worked in a night-time entertainment establishment, and though I got some popularity, I got mixed up with worthless men──ah, I wonder why such misfortune had befallen upon me.”

She had experience with working in the night-time entertainment industry.

In her previous life, she had polished her skills in ensnaring good-for-nothing men.

Marie’s ensnaring of the five boys was more than just her appearance, but also largely due to her previous life experience.

Marie got up and smiled.

“I’ll definitely find happiness in this world!”
    , if you think about there was a brief moment of happiness and even then she wanted to pick a fight, even now with the bodyguard thing she still mess with Leon, remember the earl daughter that was fighting with Anjie she got a lot of money and still see what happen to her, the mc is no perfect man but unlike marie
    Luxon points out that she and Leon are actually quite similar in a lot of respects
    [The same could be said about you too, Master. In a sense, you looked for me and snatched me away from Olivia, Master. Furthermore, you also said something along the lines of ‘It feels great beating up those five in front of the public!’]
    , its just that Leon doesn’t resort to cowering and whining in situations where his life and well-being are on the line instead of doing something about it. He just complains WHILE doing something about it. Lol.
    The people in the academy were getting roused and arbitrarily blamed Anjie, but when thinking about it, the real fiend here was Marie. It was definitely not a good thing that she deceived men who already had fiancees.

No matter how much this world favored women, that wasn’t allowed.

“You want revenge? Great! Let’s go full-out!”

As I supported her, Livia criticized me.

“What are you saying, Leon?!”

Anjie was slightly surprised.

“It’s okay to…take revenge?”

“Let’s do it!”

“You can’t! Leon, don’t tempt Anjie!”

I asked Livia a question.

“It’s not right to just sit here and do nothing about it though, right?”

“Y, you’re right, but…”

In reality, it was over for someone when they made fun of the noble community. I wasn’t sure if it could be called revenge, but at any rate, the duke household was going to begin work on numerous things now. They would think about dealing punishments, but that matter was different from this. This was a matter of Anjie’s feelings.

“I know the best method of revenge.”

Anjie gritted her teeth.

“R, really?”

“Anjie, don’t be swayed by him!”

Livia told us that revenge was bad, but I told her to calm down and then explained.

“In this world, the best way to get revenge is to make yourself happy.”

“…That’s revenge?”

Anjie looked at me with a doubting gaze, so I unveiled the smattering knowledge of my previous life. This was what my knowledge culminated to.

“In the first place, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to make the other party unhappy. Even if you take revenge on them, you’ll have nothing left yourself, resulting in mutual destruction. Rather than having all that effort be for naught, you’re better off using it to seek your own happiness.”

Livia tilted her head.

“Um, and that becomes revenge?”

“In society, there’s this thing called karma. Julian and the others will likewise receive punishment, and they’ll have to face reality even if they don’t want to.”

Making enemies of a duke household didn’t mean that their backers would sit still and do the same.

Anjie pondered about it. She still doubted it.

“…It’ll be revenge if I become happy?”

I nodded.

It was healthier than running around trying to seek revenge. Or rather, since things would get serious for Anjie if she tried to get revenge, I wanted her to let it go so that I wouldn’t get rolled up into it.

“Make no mistake. Once they understand reality and are at their worst, flaunt your happiness. It’s a struggle until Julian will look at you and will regret abandoning you! It’s a more refreshing sight for a bitter heart compared to inflicting pain and torture! Just imagine Julian in anguish, begging to be back with you!”

Perhaps imagining it, Anjelica seemed eager.

“R, right. I’ll make a display of how happy I am!”

Livia, perhaps in agreement, supported Anjelica.

“Right! If that’s what revenge is, then I support you. Anjie, let’s do our best to seek revenge!”

“Yeah, we’ll surely get revenge! Against Marie, his Highness, and the other four!”

Seeing these two smiling while taking about revenge made me ponder.

The refreshing scene of two beauties smiling together…didn’t really suit with what they were saying.

If I were to speak honestly…the scene of the protagonist and villainess holding hands while smiling and swearing revenge was frightening. Could this be the birth of the strongest team?

I felt just a little bit of sympathy for Marie and the others.

…I was the one that started this, though.

Mors86 and GrimVeilRule like this.
  13. ghelo00012

ghelo00012 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true that shitty marie was annoying one, but her and leon was similar, finding happiness in their second life was both to my liking.

Unlike leon that wants a peaceful blissfull life in countryside, opposite to marie that wants to become queen and saint so that many will look up to her and flatter her(even though it's facade) as she finds it enjoying though unlike leon that wants a lowkey-free life. From MC point of view, you will find it annoying and garbage, as the scenario was ruined and marie was only faking the love through events and flags, unlike livia and anjie fighting for the love itself, and happiness was running away because it might cause GAME OVER where the country was doom, thats why mc starts doing something (additional it might cause him to no longer hunt for the wife so he take the risks of shortcut). And Marie finds it irritating as the mob hindering her happiness. So the outcome was beyond their imagination, Note that the 1st series of the game was unbeatable if you do not purchase luxion, So when both of them starts gaining their happiness the outcome was already detemined as both find themselves in boat sailing, well in the end they need both each other and compromise or ENDING going to ruin is the outcome.

Marie has a knowledge in series of 2 and 3 of the game that's why she is still crucial in the story well unlike her cough cough daughter(in past life) whose suppose to be villaness in 3rd series but do not do anything was a boring one unlike her mother and uncle struggle to get happiness

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Mors86 likes this.
  14. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Marie is blinding herself by no seeing reality and perhaps that's why all of this chaos is happening, just like you're saying

15. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think about it Leon influence Marie past life thats why they have similarities.

Naofumi likes this.
  16. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean influence? They were literally blood related brother and sister! What is there to think about?

17. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    No he got a point, Leon is blunt and Marie use a mask but they think like a villain, after all being relate by blood doesn't mean there're the same, look Leon is rich more than the kingdom itself and Marie is poor as heck.
    If we stop for a moment and see she was always trying to cause problem to call his brother attention even in this life (indirectly), Leon got a really nasty mouth but it's actually someone truly kind and caring (he charmed Anjie, Livia, Clarise, Deidre) that influence warped the afwul personality of Marie even further

18. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter is out choose your pick
    First the old demon lord now a hero and a destined person leaving Marie aside, Leon can catch a break

19. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the 'divination' very confusing. As English is not my main language, I don't really get what they are trying to say. Mostly the part of Livia, Angie and Leon. The first two I don't really care.

20. Naofumi

Reading List:
    Link
    The collective chief is talking about their roles and how Marie twist their fates also the problems caused by her by doing this is making their lifes hard (Anjie case her family is declining and Livia case her role as a saint) but the hero(Leon) and demon lord(Luxon) are by their side so the will get a happy end.
    Leon case is more complex he's someone who's refusing his call and because of that his problem keep escalating truly something ominous is gonna happen but still i don't know.
    As for the other two if they are smart enough the will realize that their fated person is Leon just like Anjie and Livia did.
    Give more time to process the adivination to give more detailed answer

GrimVeilRule likes this.