Question The World Online - Sleep

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by timma, May 30, 2018.

1. timma

timma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished chapter 13, (like day 10 days of time passage) and I either missed it or they didn't explain it clearly. When does the MC sleep?

2. shadowrowan

shadowrowan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was for a couple hours after taking his sister to school and then he'd pick her up and go back into the game.

gary0044187 likes this.
  3. WhiteLotus123

WhiteLotus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you are seeping while playing the game

timma likes this.
  4. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    the body sleep while in game

timma likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he does, no. Rather, the game replaces sleep. It's also cleverly designed so that the day and night is opposite of reality's, so players live their days normally and then live a second day in virtual reality. Really smooth.

timma likes this.
  6. Nagatos

Nagatos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Body on rem sleep stage.. lol

timma likes this.
  7. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    The body sleeps while inside the game, the game was created with the idea in mind that everyone would be asleep on the ship, and the game was a means for people to grow and create an influence with the future colony development when they reach the new planet. They are attached to a nutrient system so they can stay in it without harming their bodies nutrition, as well as the internal qi methods and such. I believe he sleeps a bit before the whole world boards the ships, but its not much, a few hours at most. He spends most time building for the future.
    I just thought of it basically as the game being a forced dream and sleeping in game restores the mind i believe.

timma likes this.
  8. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a novel, sleep is for the weak. On a side note, is it possible for someone to be so hardworking?

9. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, when your job is your hobby it is. I know people who easily put 100+ hours a week into their work, but they vary it up by ramping down a bit every few weeks. MC, by understanding how important this is for his future, has linked his hobby to his work, but also includes the drive from having suffered the last time. He knows how much he can benefit from success in this so he ramps up his drive in this. But also note. In this game, he does many things. He spends a lot of time relaxing, cultivating, practicing, in board rooms and on the battlefield. By mixing up what he is doing he doesn't burn out.