LCD The World That Tao Rules

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 4, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-world-that-tao-rules/

C1: So, is this a village of werewolves or something? Is that why the MC can't practice their cultivation method which revolves around the moon?

C3: He really shouldn't be challenging the guy. I'm sure he'll win and that he has good reason to know it too, but him winning will just make him an even more valuable prize, and would give that sect an excuse to demand he be turned over to them as compensation or whatever.

C4: It really wasn't a good idea to spare him. He's definitely the sort that won't forgive someone for beating him, regardless of the circumstances, especially if he perceives that person as being weaker than himself.

That really doesn't explain why he can tank the hit directly. Is he a demonic cultivator disguised as a human and even he doesn't realize it or something?

C5: "Thus, Feng people could say nothing if Jiang Yun killed him.” Pfft. Yeah right. Just how short are these Jiang people's memories anyway?

"Jiang Yun, I will definitely kill you in five years!" Wow. That's a stunning lack of confidence there.

There's no way those things are cheap. I wonder how much they cost him.

C6: "I won’t trick you with hundreds of people’s lives in Jiang village" There's only a hundred people in the village. Chapter one was quite explicit on that fact.

That aside, he should have just told the MC that him joining the sect would make Samsara Sect reluctant to attack the village for fear of starting a war with the Tao Seeking Sect, which would also make the Fengs reluctant to do so as well.

"What’s more, it doesn’t mean that you can’t come back after leaving here." There's no chance he's coming back unless the village gets wiped out.

“I will let you know your background when next time you meet me!” Yeah, that village is definitely getting wiped out.

“Brother Yun, this is surely a treasure! Carry it and never lose it!” I hope that's not a pocket grandpa or similarly powerful cheat item. I'll be shocked if its not, but I'm still hoping.

C7: Um, he doesn't actually know where the recruitment is happening... He could easily go thousands of miles in the wrong direction...

Well, that wasn't the way I expected the village to be wiped out.

I wonder if that treasure was a protective item, a way to find their home, or a more standard cheat item. Also curious why she was aware enough to give it to him, and why she even has any memories of anywhere other than that village when she's much younger than him. Also curious if her parents are actually dead, or if they stayed behind to run the clan's affairs in their real home.

C8: They're right next to the mountains, and his outfit was normal for the people of the mountains. Why would he be the only one there dressed that way?

"as if he has been in a world of his own. Such a person is pretty dangerous!” Or, he's not dangerous at all and just has a really low awareness of his surroundings.

C9: I really don't see the point in creating a new class of disciple instead of using the classic outer-inner-core setup when there's only going to be three layers. Its basically the same system but with the names mixed up and one of them changed for no reason.

C10: "respiration time" Why not just say "breaths" or "seconds"?

If you need a Dao Heart to cultivate, and the MC doesn't have one, then why would the sect ever agree to accept him? Its not a matter of weak talent. Its a matter of no talent whatsoever. It's like trying to use cheese cloth to hold distilled water for your trip across a desert.

That said, I'm betting that he didn't fail the test so much as his talent was so far beyond the test that it was incapable of properly measuring it, or some similar nonsense.

C11: I wonder if the stone stole energy from the mirror, shattered it to prevent it from reading the MC, or simply protected him from the explosion when his overwhelming talent caused it to blow up.

C12: "However, such a legendary physique has never existed in the real world up to now!” So, the MC either has Innate Tao Physique or (more likely) something better. As a result though, this test will do a poor job of revealing his physique.

*sigh* I was really hoping for a higher class of villains than the mustache twirling kind that will kill you for having a small amount of spine.

I really have to wonder why this sect will be the right place for him when they're so woefully unequipped to even recognize his level of talent. If plot armor is ignored, they're far more likely to harm him and his future than to elevate him.

C13: I'm rapidly losing interest in this series. So far, there's been almost nothing original and I've lost track of the number of cliches.

C14: I wonder if the MC will settle for only reaching the 12th level of each realm.

C15: I wonder if its entirely due to his excessive talent, or because of all the herbal baths he's been taking all his life.

C16: "If he wanted, he could even reach the ninth level of Meridians Unclogged Realm in a few days!" At this point, he should be asking himself why his grandfather was only at the ninth level of Meridians Unclogged when he could clearly have risen higher at any time.

So, super OP cultivation that lets him punch well above his weight class, extreme cultivation speed that makes geniuses look like lobotomy recipients, super alchemy skills far ahead of even the grandmasters of the art on his planet, female childhood friend that idolizes him and comes from a super powerful faction, destined fight with someone so laughably weak that its hard to take them seriously (but who is still regarded as a genius of their faction), fire arts, and (soon to be) peerless swordsmanship. Could this guy be any more more generic? O wait. I forgot. We still don't know if his stone is a pocket grandpa. There's still hope for him to not reach ultimate mundanity.

"I will go for you!” Isn't this the sort of thing that gets you banished from the sect with your cultivation shattered if you're lucky? And you and everyone you love or are remotely related to slaughtered if you're not?

C18: So, if he feeds his weapon to the stone, then what is he expecting to practice fighting with? Or does he just expect the sect to replace his weapon because he lost it?

"By some chance" So lazy. Its like the author isn't even trying. Mainly because he's not.

I just can't see a point in continuing. There's nothing new or original here, not even the presentation of the tired cliches that I've seen in almost every cultivation story ever. There's no point in retreading this ground again if there's not going to be even a splash of color.

CosmicInsomniac likes this.