Discussion The worst/(best) things about Agaist The Gods(Yun Che)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aindorin, Mar 11, 2020.

?

Do you like Yun Che as a mc?

1. Yes, I love him. He is the best mc I have ever seen.

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. He is a good mc overall.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Meh, Not to bad.

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. He is a cheap mc with tons of hormones. Not good at all.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. He is the worst mc. I hate him.

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. Reading ATG is giving me a cancer.

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Aindorin

Aindorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone. I was planning to make a detailed review about ATG but before that I wanted to ask to you guys about what is the best and worst side of ATG for you.

I need to say that I kinda like atg and hate it to the bones in the same time because of it's mc. So I am trying to remember the important points.

For me worst side of ATG is Yun Che. I hate that suicidal, cancer mc. Even thought he have tons of op as f*ck abilities he end up being a miserable loser because of his braindead attitude and reasoning and saved by thick plot armor.

Best side of atg is probably easy to understand power/cultivation system along with new Xuanhuan/Wuxia reader frendly world. Even thought it's my second Xuanhuan/Wuxia novel it was easy to understand the world. Funny schemes were good to.
    Some emotional moments were good to.

İn the end Atg is a readable novel until Yun Che decided to went to higher realms. After he went, it is a just a miserable car crash for me.

I looking for your opinions!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best thing about AtG is Yun Che...
    which is exactly why that novel is so deplorable. :blobexpressionless:

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    firts of all it not wuxia..... just look at da genre on NU
    really one of bad influence from ww is make cat confuse wuxia with other genre~ WuxiaWorld then clueless cat think all cn story there is wuxia
    19637.png
    the good part imo pokemon ehem slapping courting death thing~ the cliche thing~ it fun to read~
    da bad thing it bored me later~
    19656.png

4. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    I never understood the hate for ATG, but then again I only read 600 chapters of it...

5. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yun Che is the worst. As simple as that. He is a mistake. Unsalvageable garbage writing. If someone told me the author intentionally fucked him up so hard I would doubt. Because humans are flawed. They can't possible intentionally fuck up like that.

Personality: The fucking worst.
    Powers: Generic, boring garbage. Stacks of passive immunities. Random bullshit.
    Plot armour: Supreme eternal grade.
    Impact on the plot: Higher order Mary Sue. His mere presence would turn ANY novel into a burning landfill.

6. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is molestar.
    He is rapist.
    He is retard.
    And much more....

Tomb and Aindorin like this.
  7. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew somebody will say the wuxia thing but I said wuxia regardless. I wrote like that because most people I have seen were just calling everything Wuxia regardless. Whatever if this thing is bothering people so much I edited it.

8. SighingGuru

SighingGuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He could be much better. Everything he is experiencing right now is due to to his own stupidity. If he calmed down and settled himself, he would have had a greater chance of dealing with everything. But sadly his emotions always get the better of him.

Aindorin likes this.
  9. mlongue

mlongue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot of story is nice. But the fact that mc is always bothering a super badass organization to the point of them needing to hunt him just so that the nd have a little pressure to became more powerful make me uncomfortable. I know it is something that happens in most novels the fore it is a normal thing. But this still makes me give up some novels.

10. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Building is interesting in its own, we got Blue Pole Star planet with its own setting and then Realm of the Gods also with its own setting.

Some of the character are really good on its own

But I just can't fathom why the fuck this novel have such an abomination as the MC

I can write 5 pages of insulting and sarcasm towards him and it will still not calm down my annoyance and rage towards him.

He is a fuckin dumpster fire and the most infuriating thing of this novel is that everything revolves around this fuckin dumpster fire

He got all the fuckin broken OP passive ability, inheritance and even cheats called ressurection and it still won't help him gain his ability to think.

Well, I often already write the same thing everywhere with ATG posted in it. You just can put every other MC from another novel to replace YC and this novel will be a lot better

Aindorin likes this.
  11. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Best things about ATG
    * Nice Plot
    * Nice girls
    * Nice Action Scenes
    * Nice emotional twists
    * Nice character development

Worst :
    * YC is not the best mc
    * a bit repetitive
    * stuff like rape.
    * sometimes predictable

Best things about YC :-
    * Dude is a funny guy, pretty relatable most of the time.
    * Dude knows how to fight and get girls
    * Dude changes a lot as story goes on

Worst things about YC :
    * He raped.
    * Not the most intelligent guy as MC goes.
    * Reckless
    * Short tempered
    * Perverted (although this has lessened lately)

12. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly. I always tried to hold on with saying to myself author is trying to change him in some point. He is to cancer of a character right now and once he changed to a better mc, it will be a lot more impactful for us.
    I hold to that idea until he said to the Shen Xi
    “Shen Xi… this life of mine was indeed saved by you… and what I owe you cannot be counted… But…” His eyes had turned scarlet, as if they had been stained by blood and because his body had struggled far too intensely, cracks were actually starting to spread across his body, “If you stop me today… I will definitely hate you… for the rest of my life!”

After that I lost every bit of hope about Mars Gravity and Yun Che.

https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/against-the-gods/atg-chapter-1326

This chapter was the worst thing I have read in my life.

13. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Not after he killed 10k enemies with a superior cultivation to himself while carrying a heavily injured beauty, which he proceeded to rape afterwards? Or when Jasmine was literally described as so hot that a bunch of near-death geezers got a boner over her? Mind you, she also looked like a 13-year old at that point.

14. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Read until 1358 and you will understand..

15. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he did change after all.

Dude lost his entire harem and family. Like legit really. Then turned into Sasuke

16. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    11 problems out of 10 would have been solved if he wasn't a retarded mc.

SighingGuru likes this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah it typical thing~ some will blatant argue here and there but not me~ still bad thing become worse cuz it leave like that~ common mistake I guess? such as your and you're maybe?

18. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! This is it. Because of that I am so pissed. The world an characters are kinda good. ATG has lots of things I like but Yun Che is soo uterly bad to the point I started to hate the ATG. When I looked the ATG I see a mountain of wasted potential because of it's MC. And the fact I have read until he became unbearable makes it a lot worse.

19. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG in general is pretty bad. YC not being there would not fix the novel. Definitely improve it tho.

20. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well of you're right but it wasn't the worst. The character type I UTERTLY HATE is a character who is not sensible even in "HİS" own logic.
    I personally don't like good characters that much but it's not that bad as long as it's not full of shit.

Yun Che was always a character who loves his friends and "wifes". He can sacrifice himself for them. But here he is just ruining everyones life.
    He is Killing He Ling(The girl who is the sprit of sky poison pearl) with himself. He is f*cking Hong er with himself to. He left all his wifes and his children. He is even f*cking broke the Jasmine. Jasmine's only hope was the fact at least Yun Che was not dying with her. And he went to kill himself and died like a bug in front of Jasmine. As a reader he broke me to. He is just fucking over everyone he love with this.
    I even become sad for the Hong Er. I normally hate her. She is just to mischievous but even than I nearly cried when I saw her reaction over Yun Che's death.
    Why he needs to be this retarded. At least care for the people who you supposed to be caring!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020