The Wuxiaworld Way + Full-Time Translator Recruitment

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aelie, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sneaky:
    Now that's a great news.
    And btw I hope you can find a way to resolve this "mess" in a good way. For us fans would be the best solution.

2. tencent_hater

tencent_hater Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, I create this account to warn everyone on this forum, how evil Tencent is, and Tencent always use its monopoly of QQ and Weixin to crush its competitor

just google
    - Tencent vs. 360
    - Tencent vs. Apple (this is still on now)

I think Qidian make this public by doing a 'Trump' strategy, to generate publicity (although bad publicity) to promote its brand abroad. Now everyone know who Qidian is, some of them will check its website

Qidian don't need a good reputation, it can always get translator by money or legal suit threatening. As long as Qidian control translators and force other website to remove their novel. Since Qidian has a almost monopoly on web novel in China, reader has no choice but use Qidian's website

Still, I think Qidian has the right to do those evil things, (20 novel is nothing here, Qidian has 10^6 bookes)

pkhyber and Overclock like this.
  3. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now i got your point. (y)

4. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Even if Qidian were to force WW to remove all their Qidian novels they still wouldn't win (at least internationaly) because WW can just translate novels from zhongzeng and 17k (like how they are doing now), and WW has a very big fanbase compared to Qidian international.

l.e. the whole incident with Qidian and WW was pointless, it only brought hate for Qidian.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  5. tencent_hater

tencent_hater Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you might fall in the trap of the Qidian, you probably get these 20 novels very cheap, and consider a big win

but think about, what happens when reader finish these 20 novels, if they like these novel, it will most likely try find novel by the same writer, which will be host by Qidian. It means you are making a permanent HTTP REDIRECT to Qidian's website on your site

I have a strong feeling, all these negotiation is just part of Qidian's strategy

6. tskalabri

tskalabri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you really being this obvious?

7. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good conspiracy theory of this topic(mostly true because come from spy), man if you are not inside man, I give a like and friendship. if yours name is legit, and you are knowledgeable about this topic I wait your other opinion

8. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows? All I can say is I negotiated in good faith.

noob_senpai, Hahhaa and tskalabri like this.
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    popcorn raccoon.png I just enjoy popcorn~ cuz~ only people who directly involved know da truth while other at best giving analysis close to da truth~ after thing have happen~ popcorn raccoon.png still that just one of possibility~

Damyabo, Aiiee and tskalabri like this.
  10. lamb

lamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel this is the most relevant place to post this, as the only people it will matter to are gossips and translators.

They made a post today on their home page (can't post links :p ) in which they talked about wanting to hire full time and part time translators. In the contract the second clause is that WW has full control over what is done with the translation, and that it is the translators job to provide a quality translation to WW. 'What a normal contract' you scoff. Yea it is, I will put some quotes from the article above the contract here. ''our default stance is that the translators maintain ownership over their work'' ''Never underestimate the power of ownership, no matter the industry; when you own your work, if you work hard for a single year you will continue to benefit from it for years to come.'' ''
    Usage and Rights

• Translator shall deliver to Publisher an original Translation of [Novelname].

• Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Translator grants to Publisher the exclusive rights to print, publish, distribute, make use of, sell and license the rights to any and all editions and/or formats of the Translation on Publisher’s website under paragraph 2a, in whole or in part, in the English language throughout the world.'' If you read through the whole thing it is a normal employee/employer contract. something Ren said he didn't want. I might be missing something, but it seems like Ren told a bald faced lie and no one in the comments said anything about it. My best guess is that most people didn't read the contract. I'm not trying to start shit with people who like WW, I'm just confused as to why Ren put contradicting statements in the same article. And to be clear I have nothing against this contract, it seems completely standard. I will say it a third time THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THE CONTRACT, IT IS WITH REN'S STATEMENTS. I would like to hope that Ren would read this and give an explanation, but he probably won't. This confusion might also stem from the fact that I'm American and every single clause stated that guarantees the 'ownership' of the translators work and pay to the translator, well to put it simply if you didn't do that shit the contract would be illegal. Maybe this contract is loads better than the ones in china, I know nothing about them. I IZ WRUNG DUN HURT MEH

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    A contract where the tl actually has rights and he receives proper attention ? Holy shit , this is too good to be true

12. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    *yawn*
    QI's trolls are so tiring...

TsukiKun, runsing and tskalabri like this.
  13. lamb

lamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for clarifying

i would but ww recruited them all ;-;

I'm not trolling I'm just honestly that dumb, and reading the comments on here has explained it to me. I was wrong, and I clearly don't understand legal documentation. please stop being mean to me i tried to be nice in the post

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  14. tskalabri

tskalabri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lamb you realize that you can email them if you had any questions and why does it have to be an public statement on the site seems overboard.

15. lamb

lamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no no i did not i never use my email

16. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I did not notice. You did not try hard.

17. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Be nice to Smurf Lamb, once you put on them a pretty dress, a wig and some makeup, they will look astonishing. It worked for Smurfette.

18. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude... are you able to understand proper English? I don't mean read words, I mean actually understand it. If you think you do, read the contract again and please avoid posting this nonsense again. I feel embarrassed for you.

19. lamb

lamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already edited the post to say I was wrong, you aren't the first to tell me this. Some nice people bothered to explain why I was wrong. The only reason I left the post up is so that we can all laugh at my stupidity. fyi I'm a gossip

20. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be nice, guys. He already said he now understands the issues. Don't kick a guy that's repeatedly saying, "My bad, my bad!" :p

Miss Ruby and Damyabo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.