TV The X-files

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Suijin, Jan 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so yesterday/today this piece of a golden era has finally shown itself to us in a form of a new season.
    It's gonna be a short season, but it seems it's gonna be amazing.
    So what do you people think? Did any of you see the 1st episode? And what do you think?
    I believe they started it quite beautifully. That old spark still standing, gave me the chills kinda :D

*and on a side note. Scully aged quite well

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    What! The x files is back? With both mulder & scully? Wonder when it'll come to the uk

CDLevit likes this.
  3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    The truth is out... Forget there

4. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved x files when i was a kid, but to be on the safe side i will wait for reviews to watch. Also, i want more stargate sg-1. Stargate and x files, i grew up watching those

infinitum and Arua like this.
  5. Sindaregion

Sindaregion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually kinda disappointed in the episode. But it wasn't so much the episode as how the X-files as a series became worse (in my opinion).
    Basically, my favorite part of the x-files was the "unknown" factor of whether there were aliens. Evidence always added up but was never conclusive in either direction–it came down to if you 'want to believe'. This created an amazing dynamic between the scientific and skeptical Scully and conspiracy Mulder. This inconclusiveness what always made the mythology uncertain and spooky, the uncertainty of whether Mulder was onto something or just crazy.
    IMO this went downhill after the Tunguska episode after it became painfully obvious there were aliens. This also marked a change to a bit more action, not as much research in the episodes. This was not fixed in the new episodes, if anything it was slightly worse.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shiiiit my favourite tv series...

I hope they remake mc gyver too

Arua likes this.
  7. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    The X-Files were one of my favorite series. Then, the Badlaa episode scared me witless. I then could not watch anymore.

8. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    *ahm*cucirca.eu*ahm*
    I started reading what you wrote in part Scully voice and part Mulder.. idk why. well I agree ubot the 'unknown' part, but it never much pointed at the alien speculation, it was always human experiments that seemed alien enough. so for them to just openly start with that in the 1st episode was a thrill.
    and idk how they're gonna continue, but I expect it shouldn't be that bad, from the trailer, there should be mysteries

CDLevit likes this.
  9. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the episode, and the implications are much scarier and more unverifiable than there being aliens

10. Sindaregion

Sindaregion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, what I liked about it was not that there were mysteries, but the possibility that aliens–the axiom upon which Mulder's theories were based–could have never existed. This being always left open ended was what the series' heart was (imo).

11. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moulder was what made that show the fact that he is back could mean potentially that some A class television show will be revived, however remember that not all comebacks are great and those shows might not be as popular with this generation as it was before so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping with all my might for the best but I'm maintaining a realistic outlook so if the show bombs I won't fall into "The Pit O' Despair".

There you have what I think I love the show and hope it does well =D.

12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    ep3 was hilarious HAHAHAHAH, all that dark theme from the first 2 episodes gone like it never existed, and this episode that you couldn't help but laugh at how obscure it is. genius!
    "I never knew lizards went into hibernation"
    "I'm not a lizard! That's racist!" hhahahaha
    And that Scully scene.. my god is she hot... ah~

13. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that episode was hilarious. Now, anytime I'm having a bad day, I'm just going to watch that and laugh my ass off.