Spoiler The Yu Brother’s Case Book

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by yooh, Aug 4, 2017.

1. yooh

yooh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the adopted brother that made him become unable to speak? Any romance in this at all? Other spoilers? Thanks.

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason this reminds me of Twin Spirit Detectives

3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    the bromance sounds strong on this one *.* ....*goes on my watch list <3*

Shizuka15 and kiara8 like this.
  4. Yurielle

Yurielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i look forward to it

its seems its the same author as Unique Legend

5. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    whaaaa? O.O ....really!??? ....this goes on my fav list then! *goes on full on kyaaa mode <3:X3:*

I hope someone picks up unique legend too :X3:

6. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Are his dads in ''that'' kind of relashionship despite being twin brothers? o_O .....or they are just raising him together ?

kiara8 likes this.
  7. Yeenie

Yeenie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brother went through some very traumatic life(family issues) which caused him to be unable to speak. Will be revealed within season 1. I don't think I want to spoil this part. Please read on to know what happened to his brother.

Actually, I don't feel much BL or even much romance in this novel. It's more horror and mystery for me. The dad's are just twins who live together. Not much juicy stuff ><
    But definitely lots of bishies and cool guys for u to fantasise on. *cough cough*. U didn't see me write that. >.>

But they r cute. First dad is the gentle motherly kind and the second dad is instead more like a dad who will whack the son when he does something wrong.

At least MC is not so whimpy compared to UL, which might make more people like it. I wonder if anyone would pick up Hu Xuan's other series as well. *excited*

8. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically, he was always quiet even before the incident, and apparently rarely spoke. He did stop speaking entirely after the incident, but I honestly think it was more voluntary than due to trauma seeing as he was always quiet, and he does end up speaking again anyways. Most likely his silence in the beginning is because he didn't want to get too involved with anyone else and wrap them up in his case.

Clearly you should pick the other series up Yeenie :p
    Jk I love you <3 But I wonder if anyone would pick up the other series as well, it would be great if that did happen.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    alexfilia likes this.
  9. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg it reminded me of Twin Spirit Detectives in the beginning too. But after reading this one, I'm glad to say it's still pretty different. The plot of Twin Spirit Detectives was just a bit too messed up for me....I still wonder why I kept reading that manhua to the end.

alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a manhua? I watched the anime on youtube but they didn't have the episodes toward the end. Can you tell me the ending?

11. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did the anime end? I only finished season 1 of the manhua....that was all there was back when I read it. I think the author decided to add more seasons after seeing the popularity of the anime lol, so it might have covered it all?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  12. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    But yes, there's a manhua....that is apparently very long now :^)

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where it end since I didn't get to watch it. But the part where I stop watching was when that professor threatened MC with his brother's body and the brother's fiancee arrived at the scene. She saw what happened and immediately shoot the tank where the body was at

alexfilia likes this.
  14. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I think it's the dead twin that forces the MC to shoot the tank, because he doesn't want to be revived. The fiancee arrives just in time for that to happen.

If you want to see for yourself what happens after, here's the link to the part in the manhua: http://ac.qq.com/ComicView/index/id/526599/cid/65?fromPrev=1

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:D

16. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you can't read Chinese, I think the plot is pretty obvious, but if you want further clarification:
    Basically, right as the fiancee threatens to shoot/arrest professor, professor says that MC is dying due to the fused souls because it causes side effects like accelerated aging or losing the body's consciousness (ie. the failed twin subject zombie things. This is also why MC's hair turned white), and says that he is the only one that can save the MC. Fiancee asks how, professor says he can remove dead brother's soul. MC begs for fiancee not to let professor do it because he doesn't want to lose his brother's soul, but fiancee still agrees, saying that since she's already lost her lover, she doesn't want to lose MC as well. Professor surgically removes the dead brother's "soul" (cue cut scene of MC saying a final good-bye to his dead brother, who tells him that this is how it was meant to be). After surgery finishes, fiancee threatens to arrest professor but professor says that this whole time he's been letting out concentrated oxygen(?) and holds up a lighter that formerly belonged to the dead brother that the MC was holding during the surgery. Fiancee cannot do anything in fear of professor blowing up entire place so professor escapes. Fiancee gives up and decides to just escape with MC first. She gets attacked, MC saves her, etc. They get separated, and she ends up cornering professor, who ends up using one of his loyal subjects as a scapegoat to keep himself from being arrested. Meanwhile, MC happens to catch up and witness whole scene, freaks out and starts wondering what his dead brother would do if he were still with him, and manages to shoot an electric(?) bullet from behind and shock the professor, allowing him to be caught. It's revealed that the lighter the professor had stolen from MC was actually a tracker; the MC had held it during the surgery to bait the professor, knowing that the professor would take it. In the end, the identity of the double agent in the police force is revealed, I think. And final cutscene of season 1 is while at the church, MC finally sees his dead twin again, and his dead twin smiles and says "I'm back".

alexfilia likes this.
  17. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how our conversation diverged to a topic irrelevant to the thread LOL. I do also have spoilers for Yu Brothers' Case Book though if anyone ends up curious about anything xD I only just finished V6 of eight volumes in season 1 though, so my knowledge ends there

18. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Update: I've just finished reading Season 1~~~ Great ending to a great series. :)

haruruchi, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  19. haruruchi

haruruchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes the series is great :X3:
    I also just finished reading book 5 season 2...
    And d#mn, so many male characters that I want to couple them together :blobmelt:

So... anyone please spoiler me what happened in the next book (v6) season 2...

Oh also please (if anyone didn't mind) list the character name that usually make appearance in the book
    Because when I read the MTL, I really don't know almost all the chara name in piyin :(

TaffyGirl13 and alexfilia like this.
  20. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you're so far, I haven't even finished S2V5. Spoilers? >.>