Spoiler The Yu Brother’s Case Book

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by yooh, Aug 4, 2017.

1. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, one of the things I love more about the second season compared to the first season is the complexity of the antagonist, whose background is just as complicated and detailed as Dong Feng's. I was neutral towards the antagonist at first, then started liking him a lot in the middle of the series because he's just so badass, then really hated him at the end because of what he did. It's really different from first season, where the antagonist was just a simple drug addict murderer.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Super late, but you can find the names of the main characters from season 1 on my website: https://taffygirl13.wordpress.com/2020/04/02/ybcb-character-introductions/
    For season 2, main character names are Su Zhang and Dong Feng.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Emma401 likes this.
  3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaah, yes i get that.
    That kind of ending is the one to remember actually rather than the perfect happy end.
    Although I also agree, I want my charcters to be happy and to end happily.
    Why I dont want to read angst and too sad story nowadays XD it can be depressing.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  4. Emma401

Emma401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

5. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I've updated this page to include Dong Feng's character introduction (now that he's showed up in the translations) for anyone interested in seeing it :)

6. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to comment that...V4 for season 2 is super creepy and scary, and the whole time I was just praying for the character's safety T.T

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Emma401 likes this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a good horror novel can do that.

8. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    It was kind of an inception thing because, well, it is a "horror story" being told in the horror novel, if that makes any sense haha. And the "horror story" is being told alongside the main plot of the volume (which is about a psycho abducting one of the characters T.T), so it's like...parallel stories that all come together at the end.

blaze27 likes this.
  9. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    GUYS YBCB S3 WAS JUST ANNOUNCED!!!! V1 to be released 12/16. It's been 4 years since YBCB S2 ended so this was totally an unexpected surprise, but I'm so excited! I'm amazed though, because author also just released UL S3, which means she’ll be releasing simultaneously :O

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  10. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Here’s the summary and cover!!!

B116CA50-C562-4E95-AEF5-DD0587187D37.jpeg A3371B6F-2DBB-4114-8341-4AAF5E04B755.jpeg

Emma401 likes this.
  11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WoW!
    Season3??
    I wonder who will be the MC for s3?

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  12. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the book preview, it should be the same main trio as s2 (Yu Yin, Dong Feng, and Xiao Yu)! Here’s a rough translation of the synopsis (though I can't vouch for 100% accuracy since it depends on the context of the story):

Part of a familicide, a victim of serial killings: Shaodi Yu, who has a super amazing memory, and Yan Dong Feng, who has skilled in imagery analysis, along with Yu Yin, who had obtained yin-yang powers from the heavens, open a design studio together called "Fleeting Life."

Who would've expected that the moment these fresh newbies started in the workforce, they would turn into an urban legend as soon as they began progressing—

If you walk past a narrow path and see an inscripted signboard at the end, you can cross over the boundary that separates life and death, and hear sounds from another world...

Yu Yin's ability to "see", in addition to his luck of always "being found" have him repeatedly bumping into ghosts. While entrusted by a friend to take on a murder case of a white Shiba Inu, they naturally get involved with the incident of a missing girl. Is the perpetrator behind the scenes the very rigid boyfriend? The online friend that is as close as a sibling? Or could she simply have run away in rebellion? Before the truth comes to light, the drugs that had been cleaned up too well from the abandoned factory give an ominous premonition like a bout of rainpour looming over a mountain...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  13. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I should not translate at 3AM, that was horrible English lmao. Fixed the synopsis to actually make sense now.

There was also this adorable bonus art released with s3 v1:
    FACEA10B-1FBB-4FC8-8954-D97F00813510.jpeg

Ah Yin: 5yrs old. Front of home during Chinese New Year.

Photographer: Yu Xia

14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it sets in their ....er adult life, or after uni life.
    From the summary, it feels more scary XD

Mangafreakspark and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  15. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, Yu Yin graduated from uni near end of S2 haha, somewhere in V8 or V9, I think (the entire gang attends his graduation~) Dong Feng and Xiao Yu are both genius dropouts so...they’re just doing whatever they want to support Yu Yin. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  16. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been posting translations of the S3 V1 excerpts from the book preview that the publisher has been releasing. If you guys want to read, you can find them on my site's Discord server! It didn't make much sense to post on my site since I'm not done with S2, especially since it contained some spoilers for end of S2 lol.

On another note, the publisher recently announced that S3 V1 will also have ebook version released on the same day as the physical version, which makes it much easier for overseas fans to access! I'm so excited, and now I'm just counting down the days...!!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  17. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  18. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished reading the new S3 book. It was everything I didn't even know I wanted, and I don't know how to describe it aside from it just being so perfectly...YBCB. Yu Yin has gotten so damn sassy, and Xiao Yu has become freaking badass (Yu Yin even comments that Xiao Yu is on his way to turning into a murder machine) and I'm absolutely loving it. If you guys want to see any of the art, I posted it in my site's Discord server (Yu is taller than Ah Yin now!!!!) Yu's gotten so protective of Ah Yin too <3.

It also casually dropped a cliffhanger about Dong Feng so...that's another thing to look forward to in the next volume!

19. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please I really want to know if li zhong would die I am desperate to know

20. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol if you’re asking about Li Zi Hong in the latest translated volume, Yu Yin saves Li Zi Hong just in time, though he gets hospitalised in critical condition for a bit.