Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big nope. I was talking about "The Witch's Hammer - Malleus Maleficarum" in that indroduction I invoke your style.
    About "In Villainess x Yuri Flags Heroine" I'll give you for excuse small spoiler. It's drama free.
    Elaborate?
    That was the reason I don't post those. Nobody even care to read, even it was on same page? So just why bother?

2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Your guess is as good as mine. I got that info from a thread posted in by the TL and CrN head guy before it was closed.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  3. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    art for I Favor the Villainess (not sure if its fanart or official)
    [​IMG]

4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom:

To be fair, it's difficult to remember what's already been listed if you're just scanning through. The Recommendation List should be helping if that... So long as it's up-to-date. :blobpats:

Sabruness and Ubik like this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Closed, destroyed and deleted? At least it's welcome to have good news for deleted source.
    It's official illustration from LN version - B&W version was posted by Haylias when IFV raws had ended in this thread. Link
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4737771/
    Maybe, or somebody too lazy to use a search.

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the thread with the mentions

Ubik likes this.
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That means I need to put that series up in priority list in catching up, oh well.

Sabruness likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i just went and had a read of the first 17 chapters of "Black Witch from Another World", a GL series over on SH and thought i'd share my opinion on what i've read so far.

To put it simply, i'm disappointed. 17 chapters in and, apart from one very short scene, there's been the square root of jack all in terms of any GL content. Also, unfortunately author-san decided to take the shitty version of the 'hiding your powers' path by making the supposedly very OP F!MC feel so fricking weak that i couldnt bother reading any more of the story at this point. Maybe in the future it will get better but only time, and more chapters, will be able to tell/

Sabru's score for Black Witch: 3 out of 5 stars. It would have been 2.5 but i awarded an extra half for the sole GL scene so far and the lewd angel.
    Would i recommend it to others?: At this point, no i wouldnt

9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on 24 chapter of it. It reads more like any FUNA works, or more clearly it is very similar to things like "She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman" or "A Wild Last Boss Appeared" without any romance in there. Me too wants to see more yuri in series. As fiction I'll give it 3.7/5, as yuri one 1.5/5. Oh well. There are better ones in SH.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Superhuman Princess is very good. I just binged from Ch 1 to the latest chap before and it was very enjoyable, especially the cute yuri relationship in this latest academy sub-arc

Ubik likes this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I fully ship Elissa with Dawn. But I think it will not be so easy and simple.
    In more good ones, I would count Khiricastares works. (Amy, Hollow, Shifter Sister). And Night Gaunt

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Today we got a really awesome chapter (26) of Yuri Moyou
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/636652/1
    Really fluffy. It's the childhood friends couple, my favorite one.
    Edit: In fact it's so loveydovey that i felt the romantic feeling IRL and even craved for some kisses.
    Eh ? I asked author and she said there is lot of drama ! Does that mean they were easily crushed or something ?

13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it was fluffily nice. In addition there was new cute Hino-san no Baka chapter Vol. 3 Ch. 36. Still adorkable as ever.
    Depends on what you call lot of drama. Novel is early stages (Stage 0.5 of 4) by author words. And if I remember correctly her words that if heroes don't counter troubles in life and in love, end will not be fulfilling. There more troubles than romantic drama anyway (romantic drama is near non existent. There couldn't count MC's block on libido and sex till 18 as it).

Ok next. I don't usually read Djs on based series or pairings. But when I read description of it on dex:
    I decided to give it a try, and I didn't regret it.
    Kantai Collection - She Became My Bride After the Rain. This is only first chapter (second was another story and made by different artist it seems). It is very steamy and hot one.

Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.
  14. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF did i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ! (as in "Too epic")

Ubik likes this.
  15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    +1. In terms of romantic drama, it's practically nil. The development regarding F!protag's feelings was very well done but that's the closest thing to any romantic drama so far (there may be future drama to help result in the relationship being fulfilling and well earned). The pussyblock til 18 is more amusing than dramatic because Dawn can be an almighty adorable tease.

Non-romantic drama, well the foreshadowing says there is plenty to come. I hope it's drama that contributes to a fulfilling, happy ending and not just drama to take dumps on protag.

Ubik likes this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what author has in store for us, but I think after 1 stage they leave Earth and starting gathering experience and allies in lower realms (remember those divine prophecy of other realm?). Dawn will be crucial with her link in space magic and she will need to open space portals (then why else she will be needed?). :blobflag:

Overall it amazed me how this novel reads not like webnovel but as well established western series. For yuri ones I didn't remember that level ones since "Lamia's Fists" and it's sequel, it's a pity that there weren't third book.:blobsad:
    I was in awe in art in there and start looking author/artist (Nekomura) works. And remember something interesting, but about it later.

Author is mostly making KanColle DJs. Yuri ones. I'll mention two that I ... like. :blobnosebleed:
    Please forgive me if I post what was mentioned before.
    Kantai Collection -KanColle- Kaga's Flower Illness (Doujinshi)
    Kantai Collection -KanColle- I Love The One Who Eats A Lot! (Doujinshi)

And about what I remember:
    This mangaka made series that is like more lewd and adult version of "Hino-san no Baka"
    And once again if I mention it again... you know. It's called
    A Secret Just Between You and Me
    :bloblove:

In another yurinews.
    In new chapter of All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me they kissed :blobdizzy:
    And in new chapter "Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume" and extras author put series on full hiatus. When things starting to get interesting. Oh well. :facepalm: :blob_catflip:

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I'm sorry for double post:
    It was really good. That Tamen no Gushi animation was very nice. But I don't what more irritates me - including of Darling in the Franxx in there or that I can recognize above 60% fiction used in animation. :blobunsure:

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    In order:
    I totally agree with you. It feels so polished that it's hard to believe it's an amateur webnovel. Funny you should mention "Lamia's Fists" XD. I read that ages ago. It was alright but it didnt interest me enough to read the sequel. A little bit too dreary for my tastes.

I've read those two Akagi x Kaga Djs. The 'i love the one who eats a lot' one is especially adorable.

Sucks that 'a secret' hasnt seen a new chapter in about a year QQ

Ubik likes this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lamia fist's had large plothole from the start, but it reads like sport drama with yuri element. Especially in 2 book where they finally accepts what they feel for each other. And finally looked to be as family, with potentially adopted spider girl, she was adorable in there.
    But it was 3-4 chapters of fight.... and 1 chapter of cuteness.

p.s. and I liked flowers Dj more

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say I know anything about Darling in the Franxx. Is there a reason that you don't like it being included?

Ubik likes this.