Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crimson_carnation

crimson_carnation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just wishing really hard that I really could be a goddess with a strengthened body and mind that won't need sleep just so I can keep writing everything I want :blobuwu: And I also seem to have a disease where I take everything too literally :blob_grin: (I would really like to squeeze myself dry for writing stories, so I'm also curious to know how it can be done :blobowoevil:)

It will have the happiest ending I'm able to think of~ :blobmelt: ...And I tend to try and avoid writing drama wherever I can. Especially the super cliche, angsty ones, or easily resolved misunderstandings between the couple due to miscommunication :blobupset: I'd promise more, but I haven't even figured out what type of personalities the characters will have, much less the plot, so I guess I'll leave further elaboration for later~ :blobsmirk:

2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Recommendations Directory and the List of Possible Novel Translations are all up to date again~! I'm going to aim to update the Recommendations Directory either once a week or once every two weeks, and the Translations List once a month. That should hopefully keep them relevant without requiring too much work.

And now I'm going to mess up my own hard work by recommending some manga I saw hadn't been mentioned. :blobpats:

Did anyone see the series "Yuki and the Authoress" on Dynasty? It's so addictive~! I ended up reading it instead of sleeping one night, and I was devastated when I caught up to the latest chapter. It's set in a historical period where feminism is just starting to take off in Japan. A cute little cafe girl meets her favourite romance author when she begins writing in her cafe...
    It's a nice soft, cute girl x sly older lady pairing. The tension between them is perfect - I just melt all the time... :blobmelt:

And I'm very late to discover this, but I see the author of the "Legally Married Yuri Couple" manga has a similar manga that was actually serialised in a yuri magazine - it's "Isn't the Moon Beautiful".
    I have to say that I prefer the original, but at least there's more of this one.

Ubik likes this.
  3. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Ho~! I'm back from the Court House~ Case is done and i can finally do my yuri work~ no more paper work~ i am absolutely free~!
    I missed everyone~ so hugs and kisses for everyone~! -glomps everyone- -kisses cheeks-

You better keep expecting more if this is happening~ Luna-chan

Hey Ho~! Welcome to the Yuri Garden~!

Hey ho~! are you also new here~? didn't see you last time i was here~ if so~ -gives heart shaped chocolates- Here you go~

Wow~! didn't know you have a GF~! well was it a fun~? also tell me how long have you been together~! i need to know~

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back~! :bloblove: Did it go well?

I feel like I'll jinx it by expecting anything, though. I know there's at least one person over on Scribble Hub who said they're trying to write a piece for us.

Suou has been here for at least a year now~! He was the winner of last year's Writing Competition.

It was pretty nice. We're long distance during university semesters, so it's been a long time since we've been able to enjoy each other's company casually - usually we feel pressured to make the most of our time when I visit. This time, we just stayed at mine and watched some anime. She's showing me Macross Delta right now because it has her favourite yuri pairing in it. I hadn't realised just how much I missed doing nothing with her...

We've been together for nearly four years now, but we've been friends for a lot longer.

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    A wild new chapter of 1 + 1/2 appeared!
    The extra girl is super aggressive!

6. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get the link to the recommendation directory? Is it manga or novels? Actually, can I get a link to all the yuri lists?

7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the Recommendation Directory: The Yuri Garden's Recommendation Directory
    It has novels, manga, anime, films and dramas, misc videos, and more.

This is the Directory of Novels Needing Translators: Directory of Dropped Yuri and Yuri Pick-Up Requests
    The pages are a bit fiddly for people just trying to see everything in the directory, but they're designed to be easy for translators to navigate to find what they're interested in translating.

AsianessPride, Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  8. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuri goddesses are different. They are quirky one. :blobowoevil_horns: And no, that's not a disease. If you had transformed everything in literature that would be one.
    Oh, that's simple!
    Stage one:
    KilllaKill(04).2013.x264.HDTVRip.(720p).mkv_20190714_185124.822.jpg
    Stage two:
    KilllaKill(04).2013.x264.HDTVRip.(720p).mkv_20190714_190155.195.jpg
    Profit!
    I read it since it appeared on dex. Story is completed in raws recently (about month back) it has 14 chapters. But drawing and setting are not for everyone and it's still ongoing so I avoided recommending it.
    I mentioned it before but from another name: "Tsuki ga Kirei Desu ne". Still story is nice and it was good to see that wife's friend looks like could be getting herself a girlfriend.
    Glad to hear! I hope all was well and case was closed successfully and in your favor.
    While the story was nice before recent spinoffs and flashbacks put it in different directions and I don't know what to think about it anymore.
    Thanks!! :blobparty: :blob_pompom: Ten, it's ten right!? :blob_coffee: :blobdizzy: :blob_grin:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Also today story about one pervert loli had ended translating: Joshikousei To Ouji Chan It was fun and cute while it lasted.

P.S. Today on dex emerged another old one series (different language translation maybe): Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami does anybody have opinion about it or read it before? Is it worth time to read it?

10. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a little put off by the art style and the historical tag, too, but it's really good~! I think I need to read more historical yuri.

Ah, I see~! I'll edit that in the Recommendations Directory in a little bit.

I haven't quite reached that bit, but I'll look forward to it.

Unfortunately only 8 accepted so far. This and Alice's fall foul of rule #6 a little, so they can't be counted unless they edit those bits out somehow.

I understand if they choose not to, though.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are good chinese stories :blobsmilehappyeyes: One of them is actively translating and another near the end. Just reminding....
    Don't bother those romaji names and fully translated names are pain when searching. Double searching, double the fun.... yeah.... right :notlikeblob:
    Oh, but 10 stories remains to be 10 stories even if not all passed? Will be there at least mention of them when curtain close on deadline? If author decides to don't change anything.

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  12. crimson_carnation

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much more quirkiness I'll need in my quirkiness meter before I can become a Yuri Goddess then~

Me: *looks at quirkiness meter* :aww:
    Quirkiness Meter: You have to first write a proper Yuri story to be considered for the position, y'know? :blobtongue:
    Me: :blobfrowning:

I guess I still have ways to go~

What about transforming into yuri literature though? Would it still be a disease? :blob_grin:

:blobfearful: I feel like I'd wring and beat out all the meager brain cells I have if I tried that... What would I do without my precious brain cells? Where can I even buy more brain cells? :blobsleepless:

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    If I put the same work with both names, separated by a stroke, we should all only have to search once~!

Besides, that manga is now currently listed twice because of my lack of attention. :blobmelt:

They go into the Recommendations Directory as NUF webnovels because they were mentioned here.

I won't be mentioning any that fail to be accepted in the competition posts, though. Doing so would just be asking to cause confusion... :blobsweat_2:

Ubik likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *opens a "Quirkiness Compendium" from International Committee for Weights and Measures secret department.*
    *looks for 25.21.18.9 Article*
    *read following: people who talking to their Quirkiness Meters are quirky ones*
    Verdict: :blob_thor: passed.
    It's strange to ask this question if you are right now in Yuri Anonymous group. :blob_tilt:
    Simple, you can take it from other ones! :blobnom:
    Oh good to hear it. I feared that they will wilt and fade away even if they don't pass.

15. crimson_carnation

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! :blobparty: Take that you faulty quirkiness meter!

:blobsweat: True.

I wonder who I can extract some brain cells from then~:blobowoevil_horns: *laughs evilly*

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  16. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanksies~! it went super well since i added some evidence sitting in my files and other account in social media~

You can't really stop jinxing yourself if that is the case~ And i am super happy about the person who is writing something for us~ i hope they do their best for them to get the top prize though~

Really~?! I must pay more attention to everyone in that case~!

Ah~~~! must be so nice isn't it~? having someone to cuddle with~ just the two of you leaning on each other on the couch watching and enjoying your sweet time~ Also~ it's really nice that you two share the same interest~ helps keep you on the same page with your lover~

Wait~! you have been together for 4 years now~? and knew each other before then~? Waaahhhhh~~~ so cute~! -writes down detail- also this is going to be included in the 'Main' Novel~~!

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can write a story about this. :blob_grin: Yuri one :blobtongue: :blobsmirk:
    Oh, awesome! Glad that at least case end well.
    Looks like there is fierce competition this year.
    And you know what somebody will say: "How cliche this overused plot trope is?! It couldn't happen in real life!" :blob_grin:

18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay~! :blobparty:

We have to watch it in my room on the laptop, and there's not really a couch. We just cuddle up on the bed. She's not as interested in yuri as I am, but she's been going crazy for these subtly confirmed lesbians. It's these two cuties here:
    Macross-Delta-Ep-26-Img-0017.png

It will be four years as of this November. We became friends near the beginning of secondary school, and were best friends by the time we started dating. It sounds sweet, but... I was used to hanging around boys at that age and was quite violent when I played with others. I'm sure it was like being friends with a delinquent until I mellowed out.

Ubik likes this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow!! :aww: That's so sweet. Also I couldn't imagine that you was a wild one. :blobfearful: Love of a beauty tamed the beast? :blobwink: :bloblove:
    ----------
    Ok for more serious thing:
    I checked some post in directory and has some additions:
    Yuri Garden Western Webnovels
    The Hollow is not on hiatus and updated both in RRL and SH. Slowly but still.
    Girls Next Tour should be added to fanfic section additionally, it has SH link Girls Next Tour and it mostly finished.
    Yuri Garden Translated Novels
    in untraslated there are doubles:
    1) Female Protagonist Is Blackened Villain has translation - Female Protagonist is a Blackened Villainess it's even listed above
    2) Kicked Out of the Party Just Because I'm a Woman, I'll Become a Max Level Magic Swordswoman and Form the Strongest Party with a Legendary Witch - it's a Tag-Team - it's lists as licensed in upper part of list and WN version is translated Tag-Team
    3) Yuri Can Bloom Even in a Different World ~ Because The Engagement was Broken, The Villainess and the Heroine will Live a Nice Slow Life Together! - has translation by yuriko_aya - Blooming in Different World is a Lily Flower and it's listed too.

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you~! I'll update those all in a bit.

Is J-Novel doing the LN and other people doing the WN for Tag-Team?

Keitaro123 likes this.