Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see that you are OKish in whole new RL work related work. :blob_patpat: The transition from Uni to work could be a bitch. :blob_coffee:
    There are two sides of a coin in this. I agree that it could be written better. But if taken later plot development I don't think that two characters need any additional pity for them.
    She is is the antagonist in first 50 or so chapters and main character to wipe out MC family (FL is adopted, her legacy is mainly intertwined in the whole story)
    From my PoV at the start MC have bad feelings for her. And later she more teases her than count her as rival.
    MC learns that even there that character was happy even without having husband from 1 chapter
    I have postponed that answer mostly because of MTL of "Don't worry, I will bend myself".
    If I don't restrain myself I would made review as "not recommended".
    Now when mostly calm dawn of this story. I would give it 7/10 (good). Not more.
    The story is very rollercoaster of feelings and storywise.
    Main warning it's drama heavy. With a happy ending nevertheless but it's heavy. It has only one drama less ark out of five. I would even add tragedy tag in that story.
    @Moonpearl you won't like that:
    2 ark begins with full rape. I know that characters in questions are both married. Even that MC doesn't even do it she was forced in a situation where she was forced in that plot (she writes that story though). It was fine that whole ark was made in retribution for MC character. She was described as cold empress character from the start and in the whole "don't know how to made relationship nice" trope.
    The main bad point is 5 ark. MC was tortured, even killed for 10 chapters (it's about 10% of content). For half of whole ark she tortured to death for decisions that she even didn't made (she doesn't even write that story). It was very sickening.

I'm very disappointed with this story. But the whole story has high points: 4 ark is cute as hell. The main reason that it has a high mark from me.
    And whole plot with MC and her FL quite nice too. Even if it is rather scarce and the whole situation was described in ending chapters.
    :cookie: It's now fully completed. Still, I would prefer a more organized version of it.
    I think that those two will do:
    The Imperial Doctor Belongs To The Princess
    The Noble Consort’s Pet Empress
    ----------------------------------------------
    OK.
    For ongoing:Whispering You a Love Song had a new chapter :aww:

For new ones:
    There is a new story from QuietValerie it's yury, it's GB at the start and it's VR MMO. As usual. But it had sex as one night stand at ch 5.
    Trouble With Horns

Quite an intersting start with Realm of Legends.
    “Out of the way.” Shouted the girl while running.
    ‘How I, a graceful and elegant master thief got to get in such a tricky situation’ thought the girl while the mob chased her, on the way she sees a stall that sells pancakes. Unable to contain the hunger after running for so long the brave girl grabs the most appealing pancake and proceed running, while the indignant stall owner leaves his stall for his son to take care of, and integrates himself in the chasing mob.
    So New York citizens have the possibility to witness a mob chasing a 16 years old beautiful girl, dressed in ocean blue Chinese dress with a patched black backpack on her shoulder, and a pair of dirty and old white sneakers, a very expensive wedding hat on her red like fire long curly hair, and very stylish sunglasses that hide a pair of mischievous emerald green eyes, nibbling a pancake while running with all her might.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought this novel is cute cause i read only first and second arcs. Haven't read five arcs?
    please spoiler/summary about five arcs, why mc was killed? who killed her?

Ubik likes this.
  4. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I should go back and reread it, I don’t remember much of what happened

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In short, MC was a substitute for one of the characters. Killed by FL.
    5 ark. MC was character that made some predictions for the emperor in that one FL was made as the scapegoat and was chased for her life since childhood. But FL survived and made rebel faction with her sister. So later FL managed to kidnapped MC character. But story changed when real MC entered. MC character was formerly male character and when FL learns that person who made her life miserable a woman she changed her attitude slightly. She wanted revenge. Not on those who made chase (emperor) but on MC. She (FL) first made a grotesque scar on the face with a knife. Made her sleep on stone floor near bed an so on. And made her eat pill that will destroy person (with parasites) if they didn't execute order from FL. Result of that was MC get ill and have high fever and can't made order from FL hence she was destroyed from inside. But system saved MC when she was prepared to return to the real world. So she remains in that world and saved FL. FL was double-crossed by her sister that destroy her remained fitness, inner organs and left FL to die. That was half of ark.
    Second half was how MC get FL to moderate health. FL can't walk normally and has destroyed martial arts. And have 3 to 5 years to live. Not to mention grudge about MC. But they managed to be together till the end.

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, after heavy things now time for fluff:
    Tami and the Yukionna
    Ongoing story from Nagori Yu ("Yuki and the Authoress" author if anybody remembers).
    and short Chinese one (completed): Childhood Friend & Me

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  7. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute, never saw the second one before
    And another age gap masterxservent by Nagori Yu has been translated, Yaay!

Ubik likes this.
  8. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Only read summary* Ehhhhh ? From summary shouldn't MC be male ? So yuri should be side plot about his sister. Well multiple POVs so not sure.

10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering it's tagged with both BL and GL, i'd hazard to say that it's not a GL focused novel and probably just a multi-POV smut novel. I ignore it.

Ubik likes this.
  11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanted to separate this from the post above because size....
    Just started reading the serialization of So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? and wanted to share this because it's hilarious.
    As a guy, i can relate to our dear protag's girlfriend's views on breasts :blob_coffee::blobrofl:
    [​IMG]

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Sabruness already said it has both GL and BL tags. Also author is mostly in BL genre so I prefer to avoid it.
    Didn't get myself in it (paused after some chapters) and didn't like pre-serialization version. Maybe will read when completed. :blobunsure:

13. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Yaay, just finished another Chinese yuri novel

Very cute, it’s called
    重生遇到红娘汪GL. I enjoy it quite a bit, around 58-59 chapters total.

To summarize, the Mc got into a car accident to save the CEO of the company she’s working at, and miraculously she gained the interest of her very beautiful and cold female CEO and the ability to talk to animals. Most of the animals she works with, stay with her throughout the story. For example, Pudding the Cat who lectures and advise Mc when she feels inferior about herself and was seen being held by the daughter at the very end of the novel.
    Around the near end, she starts a gaming industry to support her CEO and to gain the respect of her CEO’s family (at this time, they already confessed to each other) and named the company: Beast Company to say thanks for all the support her animal friends gave her. And they have a daughter together using the latest technology and the two women are on the top of the world.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going so well, unfortunately... Might have to take a part-time job to get by for a while.

I'll take care if I read it, then. Thank you~!

lychee and Ubik like this.
  15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this looks nice! Good find. :aww:
    This novel has a very large bunch of characters that mostly irrelevant to the story. Especially with those of her family. But whole crew makes story chaotic until you determine that some of characters should be ignored. :sweating_profusely:
    Also, this story is one with special extras. That type that or has an extra ending or alternative ending. :blobdizzy:
    It's nice but I mentioned it already here about a page back :blob_tilt:
    -------
    In ongoing there are:
    Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru - Ch. 8 They still cute as ever.
    Lily Marble - Ch. 25

Oh and there is new strange, funny, cute and somewhat perverted series: Isyuzoku Joshi ni ○○ Suru Hanashi - "The only human student at an all-girl school is on a mission to sexually harass each of the monster girls."

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sorry, you all recommend far too much stuff, so I basically skip all recommendations... >.>

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As if it's a bad thing :blob_grin: More things mentioning more things that could be likeable.
    -------
    Didn't expect that A Hundred Scenes of Girls Love has second volume called as 4 seasons of love. Each chapter is a month.

Also after some grave digging in hiatus list found something that was missed a long time ago. Remeber first or main translator of Succubus-san’s Life in Another World? On their hiatus, the last post was a teaser of another series. The Scriptures of the God of Technology ~ The Girl, the Sword and the Ode of the Gods . Check the source and found out that is GB yuri series. So tags right now are misleading (male protagonist). I will change them later. So it should be added to inactive GB Japanese ones. Still, it was a long time ago. :blobsweat_2:

Sabruness likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I have too little time to read stuff nowadays... Can't go through every recommendation... >.>