Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a fanfiction section on the directory already, and I just put femslash in among the yuri. There's not really a difference in the larger scheme of things.

I will add a subsection on the Western Webnovels page for original Archive of Our Own works when I catch up, though.

Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alerts system was kind borked so I thought that is rather silent here so I'll spent time in reading new emerged stories on SH and some MTL.
    For now it's not good. There is still worldbuilding. There is only slightly yuri more like a joke. And Still didin't understand who is real MC and what the hell happened. Two chapters were spent on "god creation" MC tries to sacrifice a boy for that until some divine one save both of them. Then she creates universe. Made a world and creates people that lived there for 3k years. And then wiped out them in apocalypse as sacrifices in promises that some of the living ones who killed every other ones will become gods. So one remained in 3-5 chapters (another different bunch of characters). Overall because took long time to unwind in whole worldbuilding so it leaves "WTF is going on?" thought. Maybe there will be additional explanations but for now.... not recommended. Maybe later.
    It didn't have GL tags before. MC didn't have any deep feelings for anybody and keeps level up with system. Only she has one friend from childhood. That notice her changes. Whole story still mostly about grinding. Until today chapter (45) MC didn't think of feelings between them as any kind of love. Sisterly or motherly or else entirely. So :blobunsure:

I had more fun reading other ones but they are not universal recommendation one but maybe will be interesting.
    Bound to the Night - even if only one chapter it could be interesting. Description:
    Life was fine. Sure I was depressed and alone, but it didn't mean that this girl had to drop into my life just to make me relive what were the worst, best, most stressful, most wonderful years of my exceptionally long life. Though this whole thing starts with someone else entirely, this is the story of how a single bite helped me find the woman I would walk through eternity with.

And One Piece: Rise of the World Tree - It's fanfic as seen from the name. And it looks like fun. MC is a girl - a dryad and catches a look like girlfriend from the start.

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I see that wasn't mentioned by anybody. So it will be a double post.:blobangel:
    Looks like @Sabruness thrown off some dust from three and half years ago story in Community fiction from here: Angel's Lament - expansion in progress. Ch 2 now posted

And put it on SH - Angel’s Lament:
    The year is 2050. The war against the creatures known as the Hive Agglomeration grinds on into it's twenty-fifth year. The relative stalemate of the war is about to be shattered as plans come to fruition and humanity makes it's first offensive play in the war's history.

One girl's life as a soldier fighting and striving to protect the people from a genocidal swarm of creatures. Facing the perils of the battlefield on one side and trying to live as normal a life as possible on the other, she struggles to find herself and the path that is right for her.
    =============================================
    Description is open to suggestions and improvement. Posted chapters are not finalized and can be considered in a draftish state. I welcome constructive feedback, questions and general comments.

This story will contain: Girl's love, some lesbian sex, a yuri harem, depictions of cruelty, gore and torture, mecha and an arguably insane protagonist with multiple personalities, a penchant for seducing cute girls and occasional acts of sadistic behavior. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Picture is found through google. I make no claims or rights regarding the cover picture. Rights are to the original picture creator, whoever they may be. It will be replaced if/when i can get one made sometime.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's a (hopefully) better version that's a bit lengthier than the ancient one on NUF.

Moonpearl, Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just me or the chinese song (that i like and most yuri gardeners should know) got quite a lot of views since it appeared in Yuri Garden ?
    1 067 998 vues

Edit: WTFFFFF ! I am not sure if it took a few days or only one day but it suddenly got like some thousands views ultra fast ! From 990k to 1m067k
    ----------------------
    My reaction:
    Interesting. *touch chin*
    OooooooOH ? *begin to be interested*
    *Eyes begins to shine like highlights and smirk like an evil character*
    Now i am hooked. (as long it's not too horrible)

Ubik, AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  6. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't a light novel but it is a LGBT American novel. It's called the 7 husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It's based before the 2000s and showbiz. How she climbs to become an A rank celebrity and her romance life. She discovers how as a bisexual woman the love of her life is a lesbian woman who are both in showbiz. They have to be afraid and ashamed of who they are, but in the end when Evelyn is the only one left and all her loved ones pass away. She finally have a book written announcing she's no longer afraid and Evelyn Hugo was truly in love with X. And why she ended up having so many husbands over time.

I'm not doing the book justice with my bad synopsis, but I feel like it's a yuri book but more dramatic and angsty. I was so sad for the characters but happy that she finally overstepped society's "normal" and no longer has to hide who she really is a bisexual woman who loves a lesbian.
    I thought I'll drop this American novel on this forum, it really left an impression on me although it's not from Asian media.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  7. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    News from the dex!

A new ecchi comedy yuri manga has appeared called Mimi Mix!
    This is a story that takes place in a future not so far from now, in a world where animal ears have become a huge part of fashion.
    Brand new high school student, Midori Nonono finally convinced her parents to let her wear the animal ears she always dreamed of having.
    However, as soon as she puts on her bunny ears, the libido of a rabbit overtakes her and her sexual desire goes crazy!
    This is the start of Nonono's messy animal ears life.
    Edit: Had a read of the first chapter. Excuse me while i barf 100% pure, concentrated sugar from the weapons grade lewd fluff of this series.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Moonpearl, Albedos_Ahoge and Ubik like this.
  8. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me again the 2 recent links of Yuri fitness system and MC talking to animals ? Crashed chrome and didn't save them.
    Found them. Sigh searching sure was annoying. It's in page 161 and 164.
    被系统逼着健身怎么办
    Yuri fitness.
    重生遇到红娘汪GL
    MC talking to animals.
    ... Somehow i expected too much from your post. I am disappointed after reading. Too much kya kya classic girl friendship and not enough "yuri" for me. There is just a kiss and MC trying to undress FL but it's not enough for me. I kinda expected 18+ sex scene.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry that I only mention it and didn't even read it. Only friendly shoutout for the fellow gardener. But I hope it will live longer than your previous fiction. Later, I will read it...
    Put all reactions and opinions to the real author. Sabruness took a while to bear in shape that story.
    :blobfearful: :hmm: :notlikeblob::sweating_profusely: You know, Yuri garden here is a thread that is a place where could people discuss all creations that contain or could be discussed all yuri relationships. There is no prohibition to mention American or European or so novel that had that. There are even created directories by very hard work of @Moonpearl and one of them contains Yuri Garden Western Novels that could contain that mention story. I don't read that one so my opinion is biased but I think that one is could be mentioned but as not recommended. But thank you for mention it.
    Sorry, I'm with Tsuru for that one. It has potential, it has 3 volumes ongoing (instead what dex says) and is ongoing. But for demi fluff, it's really lacking. Maybe it will be in the future but in comparison, it really loses to Demi Life! for example.
    But, I would like to see that it will be better from the next chapters, you can't judge the story just from one chapter.
    I'm on MTL of 98 chapter of it. It was is so adorable before the last ark. :blob_nuffies: :blobsalt:

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for letting me know, wasn't too sure since I'm new on NU forums!

Ubik likes this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. Main point is - NUF and NU have a different language and country auditory. And what could be discussed should be available to all. That could be counted as translated novels, mangas/manhwas/comics...etc. The main point of discussion should be available to all, it could be a new novel that is translated or fiction that is on site that available to all (TL group, SH, RRL, or other ones). That doesn't exclude other stories. But in your case, people who could try it are rather very limited in numbers who could try it even if they want.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    For stuff like your rec, usually i've seen them being tossed into General because there's no specific sub.

Welcome to NU and the garden, by the who.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just thought i'd link my request for GL fanfics from the rec subforum because GL.

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  13. repasador

repasador Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any good transmigration/reincarnation novels where the mc is the submissive one in the relationship?
    pls and thank you

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of specific submissive/dominant role is kinda rare in GL tbh, so it might be hard to find one... Most GL simply don't have fixed roles.

From the top of my head I can't think of any that fits your criteria.

15. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    there is lot of Submissive MC than dominant MC in relationships. You can find it in chinese yuri novel. Unfortunately not all were translated, https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/77/
    My consort is alpha, female general and elder princess have dominant MC.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming to think of it, I don't think I ever read a Chinese GL... Guess the art (I mostly read manga) didn't appeal to me? Or maybe the summary...

I mostly read Japanese ones and a few Koreans~

17. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I am into chinese yuri, mostly read chinese untranslated yuri novel. I love all chinese yuri novel.

Moonpearl, Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  18. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m really into Chinese yuri, :cookie:I’ll take anything
    I enjoy watching Chinese yuri animation and reading Chinese yuri novels.
    Most members in the Yuri Garden know I’m addicted to them. I’m also easily yuri baited
    I don’t how I feel about Chinese Webcomics but the novels are great
    Best birthday ever when Moonlight sent me Chinese yuri images from JX3 :blobparty:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  19. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I’m reading now might fit your choice. You’re gonna have to mtl though
    原来是师姐啊 (It turned out to be a sister)
    The Mc is pretty stupid, naive, and causes a lot of trouble. But she’s a good girl, always takes the FL’s side. Definitely recommend this if you want fluffiness. The FL who crossdresses as a man helped and takes cares of Mc from the very beginning and doesn’t know why. I love it
    Mistress, I was wrong
    Fits the submissive Mc criteria too.

Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  20. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    please created picked up request thread of yuri untranslated novel like 被系统逼着健身怎么办 that you recommended in here. So someone will translated it.