Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? Did you get the point where both the MC or FL are
    not human? The whole dichotomy between them is how they're literally like, the incarnations of good and evil. The protagonist is only supposed to represent pure goodness, and her personality and mentality are just supposed to represent that pure white lotus archetype who should not be stained by any worries.

I also really can't see how the protagonist is mentally a child. At most, she's sheltered and naive, which is understandable considering her identity and the brother who shelters her from anything too cruel. She's more of a newly graduated college student who hasn't seen the world and hasn't realized how bitter society could be yet. Another example is like, someone who was spoiled by their family and didn't have to worry about anything from birth. There's also the issue of her forgetting literally everything she's experienced every time she goes to the next world, so it's not like she can learn from anything that's happened since she's essentially reset to the beginning in each world.

On a side note, has anyone been reading The Results of My Author/Classmate Discovering My Yuri Obsession?

It's genuinely a really cute and funny slice of life 4koma manga and I've been enjoying the constant updates. Almost gives me a similar vibe to Tamamusi's works but a bit more tame lol.

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. aureolin

aureolin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I finished the main body of text: 8 volumes, 175 chapters. I rated the volumes individually (because, honestly, some were worse than others), and the average score was barely a 7/10 lol. It's not bad, but it's not a story that's re-readable imo. It has some interesting plot points and some really good writing, but those points just barely make up for the negative points. I'll rate the volumes individually under the spoiler tag but won't go into too much detail. There are several extra chapters too that I haven't read yet, but I doubt they'll improve the score much.
    Volume 1 — 8/10
    大概是有点沙雕的开始 (Probably the beginning of a bit of sand carving)
    A pretty typical opening for a "wearing a book" ABO text. This is the volume where I liked MC the most. Interpret that how you will lol.

Volume 2 — 5/10
    大概是有点甜蜜的展开 (Probably a bit sweet to unfold)
    Patience is a virtue, as they say, and you certainly need it for this volume. MC and FL get together near the end of the volume. MC has... intense inner turmoil about whether to be with FL or not before then though (cause of the original plot). As understandable as it is, it wasn't the most fun to read.

Volume 3 — 4/10
    大概是有点别扭的磨合 (Probably a bit awkward run-in)
    I 10/10 do not recommend reading this volume immediately after Volume 2. Take a breather after Volume 2. FL turns out to be pregnant. Queue more intense inner turmoil from the MC that isn't that fun to read. They elope but don't have a wedding (this will come up again).

Volume 4 — 9/10
    大概是有点虐的带球跑 (Probably a little abusive running with the ball)
    Honestly the best volume of the 8 imo. Things get crazy. In a way that I thought was great. At the end of the volume, MC and FL separate (which I thought was the right thing to do, contrary to a lot of comments I saw lol). MC and FL are both pretty miserable in the end.

Volume 5 — 7/10
    大概是有点狗血的重逢 (Probably a bit of a bloody reunion)
    Time skip, 6 years. The first few chapters were "meh" to me and the rest were fine. MC and FL get back together near the end but aren't completely reconciled. I saw comments saying they wanted more abuse, but I thought it was fine.

Volume 6 — 8/10
    大概是有点套路的爽文 (It is probably a cool text with a bit of routine)
    Well, it's no Volume 4. MC and FL strengthen their relationship. The one thing that was really interesting about this volume is that one of the 6 scum male Alphas of the original plot finally appears. The excitement doesn't last long though. This will become a pattern.

Volume 7 — 7/10
    大概是有点光环的主角 (Probably a little halo of the protagonist)
    MC and FL finally have their wedding, but it wasn't given much attention to in writing. It was talked about and the planning was mentioned occasionally, but the wedding itself was not described. The conflict was basically an escalation of Volume 6. Nothing much to write home about.

Volume 8 — 7/10
    大概是有点圆满的结局 (Probably a bit of a happy ending)
    Another time skip, 4 years this time. MC and FL's daughter (the OG protagonist of the book) "splits up." The Big Bad meets their end. MC and FL plus those they care about get a happy ending. As for the Big Bad, I was a little disappointed about their ending.
    Character-wise:
    FL and Big Bad >> MC > Everyone else

Things I disliked about MC:
    • Too horny (lol)
      • This is more of a writing decision that I couldn't get behind some times. It would create weird tonal shifts that threw me off.
    • Apparently never wrong/never in the wrong
      • There are some things that MC did that I thought deserved more flak than she got (if she got any at all, which wasn't a lot). Most of the time, her behavior was either brushed off or considered as something she can't be faulted for by other characters. Like in Volume 4, as much as I liked it, MC’s behavior in the beginning was... not good, and she never really acknowledged how bad it was.
    • Her personality kind of gave me whiplash
      • Especially in the middle parts. Made for some weird tonal shifts that come out of nowhere.
    I don't hate the MC, but she isn't my favorite type of protagonist. The good feels I had for her went away in Volume 2 and never came back. Well, I take that back. They came back briefly in Volume 8 but went away after a couple of chapters lol. Meanwhile, FL is the kind of character I like, rational and proactive plus she had character growth. Too bad her role kind of diminished in the last volume. The Big Bad antagonist was the only smart antagonist (and there were a lot of them), but I was slightly disappointed with her ending. She was fairly well written for the most part, so I enjoyed her parts.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    blazingseraph likes this.
  3. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    If only we get GL Chinese Drama.
    Waiting For Chinese Yuri Drama:cry::aww:
    2F009B86-FED9-45ED-AE46-47E61C925330.jpeg B0960D56-7AE7-4324-8482-8652454ACF86.jpeg EA0276EF-B955-4F23-9832-3EADB18AAEBA.jpeg

4. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, rip. Thanks for summarizing and reviewing it so in depth. I'll probably not read this then cause that sounds like a pain to get through. As much as I like angst and inner turmoil in characters, what you're describing doesn't sound like it was the fun kind of angst. Also the MC sounds like a Mary Sue character mixed with a harem protagonist. Those are my least favorites, though I give some leeway to Mary Sues cause sometimes that can be interesting depending on what is done with them. Does not sound like it's interesting in her case though.

That's some nice art! For some reason, it reminded me of this character from this game called Honkai Impact 3rd. You ever just like, really like a character without ever playing the game she comes from and only knowing a few things about her like her character design, bits and pieces of her backstory and lore, and seeing come cutscenes she's in? Cause that's me with Fu Hua from HI3.

The art here reminded me of like, this one item in the game that shows Fu Hua with her apprentice:
    [​IMG]

Admittedly I know the bare minimum about her, but during her lifetime she had a few apprentices and I can't help but ship her with them cause why not. Wish she had her own standalone game (hopefully with yuri elements) based on her but oh well. I don't want to play HI3 cause I heard it's super pay to win, but if Mihoyo decides to make a game with Fu Hua or if they add her to Genshin Impact somehow, I'll definitely whale.

Her other apprentice Lixue btw (that sword in her hand is Fu Hua's sword; she also appears in the video I linked below):
    [​IMG]

Her different battlesuits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Btw this is the video that started it all xd: Honkai Impact 3rd Animated Short [Shattered Samsara]
    Fu Hua is the one in white and red and the person the white haired girl is fighting is an evil version of her that has her memories and looks like her. (Said evil version is legit really cool though, like bruh why is her character design so good??? Ex of what I mean: [Unequaled, Unrivaled])

Yandere Devil and aureolin like this.
  5. aureolin

aureolin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Volume 4 was perfect fun angst after the not-fun inner turmoil of Volume 2 and 3. I felt like the MC had a lot of potential but sadly fell flat. That could be said of the entire novel tbh. It had good potential and sometimes lived up to it, but most of the time it felt stagnant or rolled downhill. Unfortunate. I don’t regret reading it, but I won’t be reading it again lol.

Are you me? Lol, I tried playing HI3 for Fu Hua, but sadly couldn’t get into it. I still lowkey follow the story cause I think the characters (especially Fu Hua) are interesting. Mihoyo’s writing is pretty good. The Reawakening and Lament of the Fallen shorts were what hooked me. Had no idea who the characters were, but I loved them anyway.

6. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, do you also play Arknights and Genshin Impact then? I'm obsessed with Arknights and Genshin Impact is pretty fun too though it's stale as fuck rn since live update gacha games be like that. I'm literally like, lv114 on Arknights and AR55 on Genshin so I've already done everything that's worth doing before new updates add stuff to the game. Which, thankfully isn't too far away for both games. Version 1.6 is coming to Genshin and Arknights is releasing chapter 8 and a bunch of new stuff in a week or so.

If you don't play Arknights, then here's my introduction into why it's good and why you should play it.

1. It's F2P friendly. This game is pretty generous with giving away free stuff, and you can farm for currency to do gacha rolls pretty well. The rates aren't too bad either and there's a pity system built in that helps even more. There's even a second type of way to get characters through the recruitment system that gives you a chance at getting 5 and 6 stars though it's even more rare. (Personally I've gotten 5 6 stars from the recruitment so far but that might be cause I'm lucky.) You also don't need high rarity characters to complete the content, and there's plenty of guides that use 3 or 4 star only teams to clear maps.

2. The lore and worldbuilding is really good. The story lags behind a bit but that's partially due to translation discrepancies and Chinese to English really fucks up the meanings of things even more. The world of Terra is plagued by catastrophes and there's an incurable disease that people have called oripathy that's basically rock cancer. The main cast are apart of a pharmaceutical company that is also paramilitary with allies from multiple places around the world. All of the characters you get in the game are "operators" who are affiliated or works for said company called Rhodes Island. They're trying to cure oripathy and deal with the fallout of that disease.

3. The characters are genuinely great. I love most of the characters and their designs. There's still a lot that's unknown cause the world is really big, but each character has an archive file and voice lines that let you know more about them. Besides that, there are event stories that focus on certain characters and some characters have a lot of face time in the main story such as Ch'en and Amiya (the main character).

Medic Defender "daddy" Saria who can destroy people if she put down her shield and used her fists (her lore is centered around two other operators, Silence (her ex-wife), and Ifrit (their child) and there's a lot of fanart involving them; also she's a dragon like bruh she hit all my preferences):
    [​IMG]
    Vanguard "Harem Protagonist" Texas who is apart of Penguin Logistics and acts as a driver/mercenary(?) for them who has ties to the mafia (she has like, 3 other operators who have something to do with her, two of which either are obsessed with her or has a crush on her and they both can't shut up about her in their voice lines; she's also a wolf girl like lol):
    [​IMG]
    Medic "Secret Badass" Shining who is a strong swordswoman that put away her sword to become a healer, her sword becoming the stave she uses to heal now (she's apart of this group called the Followers and has a particularly gay relationship with one of the members called Nearl who's a former knight):
    [​IMG]
    Caster "Fallen Angel" Mostima who is a carefree member of Penguin Logistics that is always traveling surrounded in secrets about how she became a fallen angel (she and another member named Exusiai have a complicated relationship regarding that and tbh it's pretty gay):
    [​IMG]

4. The gameplay itself is fun. It's a tower defense game where the operators work as towers to prevent enemies from reaching your base. There's different classes and subclasses within that with a variety of skills for each. New maps and events add new mechanics that keep the gameplay interesting and there's different game modes too. One popular one is called Contingency Contract where you can pick and choose how hard to make a map and challenge yourself to doing higher difficulties.

5. The art is great and there's very little fanservice that you usually find in gacha games. There's still some fanservice type skins but they don't cross the line in my opinion. There's also thankfully no sexualized lolis either, which you'd think isn't that hard to adhere to but other gachas *cough* GFL *cough* can't relate.

Texas [Will]:
    [​IMG]
    Gitano [Unknown Journey]:
    [​IMG]
    Specter [Undercurrent]:
    [​IMG]
    Exusiai [City Rider]:
    [​IMG]

6. And finally, there's some fucking good yuri ships in this game. Honestly most of the romantic undercurrents in the story all center around women. There's Ch'en x Hoshiguma that you can see in the main story, W x Theresa in the main story + her files, Texas x Lappland, Sora, Exusiai as seen in Code of Brawl and their files, Exusiai x Mostima as seen in Code of Brawl, Saria x Silence as seen in their files, Shining x Nearl as seen in their files, Schwarz x Ceylon as seen in both Hearts of Surging Flame and their files, and there's more. There's also plenty of fanart of them you can find on twitter, pixiv, lofter, etc.

Texas x Lappland [source]:
    [​IMG]
    Saria x Silence [source]:
    [​IMG]
    Ch'en x Hoshiguma [source]:
    [​IMG]
    Siege x Indra [source]:
    [​IMG]

Anyways if you either already play or decide to download it, I have a spot open in my friends list if you want to add me.

The Chinese is just the title of I Want to be Alone, Beautifully (and Mayer is only my assistant cause I'm using her robodogs as my background):
    [​IMG]

aureolin, Yandere Devil and shyja like this.
  7. aureolin

aureolin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yeah, I play Arknights and Genshin. I've been on a break from playing both games though (I'm level 93 in Arknights and AR 51 in Genshin). Mostly because reading novels has taken up most of my free time these days. Genshin, as you said, has become a little stale, and I'm waiting for the main storyline to go somewhere before getting back into it. I know there's been recent progress in that department, so I'm looking forward to it. I used to be pretty obsessed with Arknights. My obsession has died down a bit, but I still pay attention to the story. The story and worldbuilding just keep pulling me back. And basically everything you said is a wonderful bonus to the game. Especially about the characters. They're just great. There's a lot you can learn through their profiles alone, which I think is cool. And the ships, muah, chef's kiss. Lappland x Texas, Saria x Silence, Exusai x Mostima, Ch'en x Hoshiguma are practically all of my top favorites. They all have that fun angst I enjoy thoroughly lol.
    My assistant is Platinum. I love her, and her new skin is majestic af. Bugged in combat apparently (so I don't use it for that lol), but nice to look at.

8. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayyy lmao. I think we might be twins :blobthinkingsmirk:

I'm not as obsessed with Arknights as I used to be either, but it's a daily habit and Hypergryph do a good job at keeping me coming back. I admittedly have not kept up with the story and I've just been playing the events by skipping story and focusing on gameplay. Tbh, I might just chill and wait until the update that's coming to CN to come to global before catching up on my reading since they're adding ALL the event stories + maps to the game so you can replay them. Still no collect all button for the missions tho xd.

Also nice taste, I love those ships precisely because of the angst too. Another one I didn't mention was Skadi x Specter and everything about them is fucking tragic as hell. Makes them so much spicier as a ship though so yay for me. (That EX stage story in Grani's Treasure though like bruh that got me.)

If you're still playing Genshin, you can add me there too. I usually play at 12 PM EST and then again at 10 PM if you want to co-op sometime. It's better to co-op at night though cause I'm helping my mom out at her nail salon during the day and I'm just logging in to do dailies + using my resin real quick at 12. My uh, team is pretty stacked too so if you need help with clearing stuff, that's an option. I main Xiao and Ningguang cause for some reason I just only like Ningguang and Beidou so far and the other characters I particularly like are all male characters. It's baffling to me but whatever. Maybe that'll change once we get Raiden and possibly Genshin's version of Yae Sakura?

Oh yeah, the shipping scene is also pretty pitiful in my opinion. Beiguang is pretty good, and so is JeanLisa, but honestly... nothing about the ships draw me in as much as the Arknights ships do. This might just be cause I like having my heart abused too much and non-angsty ships are just junk food to me.

My UID for easy copy+paste (I am not a BL shipper btw, I just think Xiaoven is neat while standing far away from any shipping): 600899651
    [​IMG]

I'm a monthly + battle pass player btw, so it's not like I even whale. I just somehow got lucky, which btw, my luck has been scary af in the past few months. I got Keqing, the one 5 star I actually wanted, and then Childe before pity while trying to get Rosaria and Fischl constellations. Literally like what??

I thought that would affect my Arknights luck but I've gotten the 6 star on banner that I wanted in 30 rolls or less since Phantom banner so far except for Blemishine, but everyone else has been that way. That's Phantom, W, Weedy, Surtr, and Thorns. Genuinely no clue what is up with that but hey I can't complain. I did accidentally get Eunectes too but I'll just pretend I didn't see it. Got her in 2 rolls when I was trying to get Aciddrop LMAO.

Hopefully my luck hasn't dried up though cause I really want Mudrock. I also want Rosmontis for collection purposes since I have all the limited operators so far and my OCD is gonna fuck me up if I mess that up now.

aureolin likes this.
  9. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe back then I already posted a link to a proper search tag for narou somewhere in this link, with girls love, female protagonist etc.
    Because yeah, most of them are soft yuri/yuri bait (don't use yuri tag cos you might end up with NOTyuri tag)

Continued apocalypse recs
    #xwtrec
    Currently reading:
    女主她为什么还不上线
    Why is the heroine not online yet?
    Very long, on going. 213 chapter for now. Author wrote since 2017
    Ok this one, I wanna scream:
    MC are you stupid, how stupid are you!? Being ao naive at end times hhhhhh
    Also not preparing a damn thing despite knowing end times will come
    Ok the author is the problem, their stories are mostly yuri tagged but so sloooooooow
    Seriously

There's this:
    我究竟还能活多久
    How long will I die?
    Mc transmigrated into a... Canon fodder. We play guessing game with author when mc will die. Its like... ... Hhh

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you did. I am just too lazy to look for it:blobjoy:
    The thing is, the novel I was talking about did have the GIRLS LOVE tag(in katakana) and the mc was obviously a girl. I only later found the author wrote in description that they left the rag as a precaution (why tf they left it on after the story was completed eludes me)

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Also about Genshin, anyone excited for Eula and Yanfei?
    Yanfei, the... Her 3 va, each has differenr vibe
    CN: perfect
    English: genki, but not serious enough for legal advisor
    Japanese: Ara ara Oneesan, perfect for legal advisor, but not genki enough for the outfit.
    Yanfei is Liyue and Liyue Qixing's legal advisor? Well I hope more tidbits on Ningguang/Beidou, I wanna know Yanfei pov on Beidou who breaks a lot of laws lol.

Eula should beee fun
    Her family crest insignia are the one in Noblesse Oblige artefacts. I probably will use gladiator, and probably will try to get her (I don't care about getting Zhongli, since not a girl auto skip, unless they give us Zhongli female skin lol). So I'm not gonna roll for Yanfei.
    Now back to Eula, her family were in slavery business and the like, and she faced a lot of persecution. Surprisingly her bestie is Amber, and she and Jean... Well she dislike not getting direct order.
    Mondstadt favonius yuri couple be like
    Jean x Lisa
    Jean x Eula (love hate)
    Eula x Amber (bcos Amber is sweet and will probably melt Eula's cold heart).

Might as well
    @HamsterOverlord-sama
    I search my friend aya
    Lol

Moonpearl and aureolin like this.
  12. aureolin

aureolin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ;)

Skadi x Specter! I knew I was forgetting something. Well, that's my top 5 complete. The EX stage also got me, made me look into their past more. So tragic. I love it.

WIll do. For Genshin I main Keqing (mostly cause I invested so much in her, there's no looking back now) who I got on accident on a different banner lol. I'm also building Ningguang since she's basically a one woman canon. I've also been strangely lucky (and simultaneously unlucky since I pulled them on banners that weren't rate up for them), getting Diluc and Qiqi when I wanted neither, but I'm honestly not complaining with those two. I also got Childe on his banner after 3 rolls, but I wasn't even hoping for him lol. I was just pulling for fun before his banner went away. I'm not much interested in the male characters and probably won't be unless they start adding characters that look like the electro/ameno Fatui and hydro/cryo Fatui lol, but that’s unlikely.

As for ships, it's a mixed bag for me. I think they're neat, but none of them are exactly as appealing as the ships from Arknights. Beiguang is pretty top, but as you can tell from my Arknight ships... it's not exactly the same lol.

I'm excited for Yanfei more than anything since she's finally another (new) catalyst user. I wouldn't mind getting Eula though, never mind getting more 5* lol. I'm also looking forward to seeing more of their profiles. Want to hear what they say about everyone else.

13. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, not really. Eula seems pretty cool (pun not intended) but she's not my preferred character design and her actual backstory is nowhere near tragic enough make me care much.

And for Yanfei, I'll probably do like 30 pulls or something to try and get her for my 4 star collection, but I probably won't be using her. Her skills just don't look that interesting to me, and my favorite "class" are spear users anyways so there's nothing that makes me want to build her.

Hey, something that differs from us for once lol. I actually enjoy the male characters a lot but that's exclusive to the archons + Xiao lol. I don't care about any of the other male characters but that's 1 more male character I care about more than female characters. Part of it has to do with the fact I really love spear users and that Zhongli and Xiao have cool as fuck normal attack animations.

The real problem that makes it hard for me to like characters in Genshin is the fact that the sheer time you have to spend just using characters to do commissions and farm domains/bosses means I have to like their gameplay for me to even just not feel pissed off at them. Xiao's my favorite just cause he is genuinely fun to use, even if it can be braindead pogo stick gameplay cause it still feels satisfying and his zoom really speeds things up.

For Zhongli and Venti, their gameplay doesn't bother me and it's easier to like them when you have entire quest lines dedicated to them. I just need to see more of people in the main story for me to give a fuck. Zhongli's past with Guizhong and Venti's with his bard friend also endear me to them cause I love me some emotional angst.

With Beidou and Ningguang, I genuinely just like them cause of their character design, gameplay, and the bits and pieces we have of their backstory. Mostly character design cause Pirate Captain and powerful Tianquan is pretty fucking cool, and them being connected gives them a Yuri Boost in my eyes that makes me like them more. Everyone else, I just have passing interest in but nothing that makes them stand out in my opinion.

If only Jean's gameplay wasn't so fucking boring, I would probably include her in my favorites list. Literally started playing Genshin cause she reminds me of Saber and she's the 5 star I wanted at the start. Real sad that the only sword gameplay I like is Keqing's.

aureolin likes this.
  14. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I've been putting Rubia, the HI3 theme, on repeat and it really sets the mood when I'm translating After the Full-Level Boss is Reborn and I Want to be Alone, Beautifully. The chapters I'm currently translating are sad as fuck too and the song fits them so well that I'm having trouble holding back tears. Translating the chapters is like rereading them again, but like, with better comprehension cause I'm actually searching up the original Chinese characters in a dictionary to make better sense of them. This newfound comprehension just makes me even sadder cause there's a lot of meaning that gets lost in translation that are punching me in the gut now that I understand what's actually going on.

Kinda really glad I decided to "clean up the MTL" cause it's just helping me see the works I already liked in a new, more understanding light. Especially cause AFLBR and IWAB both like to be more descriptive and loves describing the emotional ups and downs of the protagonists. The only downside is that it takes a lot more time than I thought it would cause sometimes one chapter might need me to search up stuff for like, 1/4 of the content in it and sometimes said chapter is long as fuck too. It's worth it though cause these novels deserve to be read and not everyone can put up with reading raw MTL.

Moonpearl and aureolin like this.
  15. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking forward to them, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to roll for them properly~! I spent my primogems for Fischl and Barbara this banner.

I didn't originally like Eula's design, but the more I learn about her, the more she calls to me... :blobsweat_2: Ah, I'm really weak to cool knight ladies.

Yanfei's design is cute too. She has a lot of potential for Legally Blonde jokes.

In terms of Genshin shipping... I think Jean x Lisa and Ningguang x Beidou are nice, but I've also been sold on Lumine x Amber.

But other potential ships I'd really like to see are:
    Barbara x Fischl: Barbara's really ripe for yuri shipping, since she fawns over Lisa in her voicelines and calls Noelle cute. Although Barbara is famous and well-loved now, she's the overshadowed younger sister with self-esteem issues, so it would be really interesting to see her paired with Fischl, who's an outcast eccentric.

Barbara x Xinyan: Musicians with different styles~! But both sweeties.

Ningguang x Mona: It's rich x dirt poor, but Ningguang was apparently also a peniless beggar to start with, so there's maybe a lot of sympathy and sweetness there.

Rosaria x Beidou: Nun x Pirate. I repeat - Nun x Pirate!

Amber x Beidou: I just think their personalities would really complement each other, you know?

AsianessPride and blazingseraph like this.
  16. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, scratch the 1.6 hype, the 2nd anniversary stream for Arknights CN is literally way way more hype. I watched it on KyoStinV's channel with him translating, so here's the summary (I'll put story stuff in spoilers but I'll just say Skadi x Specter shippers can rejoice):

New side story focused on Abyssal and Iberia related stuff. Specter got kidnapped and Skadi is going out to rescue her and embracing a different part of herself (The limited anniversary operator is her alternate version). There's new enemies with a sanity gimmick that look like tentacle/plant monsters and the maps are all ocean based. Also a new boss that looks like the Regisvines in Genshin. Event PV, Event PV 2.
    [​IMG]

Chapter 9 that's being released after involves Victoria and stuff about Theresa and something involving Priestess.
    [​IMG]

There's also gonna be a summer event but the only thing they said about it was Eyja skin probably coming and showed the welfare operator for it which I'll be linking in the New Operators spoiler section.

Alternate Skadi called Skadi the Corrupting Heart who is an aura supporter that's basically better Sora that also has a summon that can do true damage during her third skill:[​IMG]

PLAYABLE PERMANENT KAL'TSIT who looks like she actually got buffed from beta. She's a medic that still has Mon3tr as a summon and her 3rd skill gives Mon3tr 5000 atk and true damage. Her downsides is her mediocre stats and being dependent on Mon3tr being on the field for SP gain:
    [​IMG]

Welfare 6 star puller specialist Gladiia who is Specter's captain(?) and her third skill lets her create a whirlpool that pulls enemies in before ending in pulling them towards her when the skill ends. She also has a trait that buffs Abyssal Hunters by healing them over time, so it's basically a Skadi buff:
    [​IMG]

There's also Akafuyu as the 5 star but no further information is given for her besides what she looks like:
    [​IMG]

For the summer event, the new welfare operator is this dude who I'm pretty sure is a golden retriever:
    [​IMG]

A mining mode during the anniversary where you can mine for orundum:
    [​IMG]

New Annihilation Map:
    [​IMG]

Announcement of CC#5 with Blue Poison skin coming to the CC shop:
    [​IMG]

New game mode that might be a slightly reworked rogue-like mode similar to Ceobe's Fungimist(?):
    [​IMG]

Bloodline of Combat new additions for Mountain, Eunectes, Ayerscape, Flint, and Spot (free):
    [​IMG]

New outfits that are being sold IRL too where if you buy the clothes you'll get a code you can redeem to get the skins in-game OR you can buy the skins directly in the in-game store. The models are Thorns, Surtr, and Zima:
    [​IMG]

All the stuff they're giving away I'll say outside of spoilers:
    1. Basically they're giving away rewards made from the Q&A thing they did in the stream
    2. Free ten-pull plus 1 free pull everyday during the anniversary banner for a total of 24 pulls
    3. Free Spot skin
    4. Free 6 star
    5. Another copy of Savage
    6. 1 free 5 star voucher that gives you Silence, Projekt Red, Liskarm, or Pramanix
    7. 1 free 5 star voucher that lets you choose from a larger pool of operators within a certain range
    8. 1 free name change voucher
    9. Skin selection ticket for anyone who bought Skadi's skin before that you can use on any outfit being sold in the store

All the stuff that they're doing/adding besides that:
    1. Resetting the originium double deal
    2. Adding name change vouchers permanently that costs $5 for every change after the first
    3. New furniture set that you get most of from the event shop
    4. New paid package that lets you E2 a 5 star directly
    5. New paid package with a 6 star selection ticket that goes all the way up to Blemishine

Anyways besides that they're also giving all limited operators Live2D on their E2 art and that's a retroactive change where they'll add that to Nian, W, Rosmontis, Dusk, and they'll be rolling that out as they go.

So yeah, that shits way more hype than anything coming up in Genshin next. They really need to release Inazuma soon...

P.S. WTF why is Surtr so hot?? Literally only like her cause of her aesthetic and they really know how to keep me interested outside of her being broken as fuck. (She's boring everywhere else rip) Also sorry for bad quality for some of the links cause I couldn't find HQ versions of them...

LNOnlineOtaku likes this.
  17. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Mangadex going down temporarily is super annoying. I wanna read new chapters of "looking up to magical girls" and "who said blues had to be cool" (there was such a huge cliff..!)

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's permanent down. You can check other sites like dynasty scans
    Also thanks for reminding this series, I only read up to 21, now catching up with new chapters.
    Also lol Azul power, I knew it.
    Kinda sad no obligatory applying sunscreen fan service, I wanna see more Utena and Azul haha more massage pls

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Masazi

Masazi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey i'm new here,, hope we can get along >_<

20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome~ have a great stay!

Those tags tho. I mean, they aren't wrong but... Those tags tho.
    And yes, that power is hilarious.
    Also, this series is licensed now, which I guess is great?

And oh dear. I just found a very interesting manga that was wholesome on an emotional level but also incredibly explicit.
    It is even
    a three girl polyamorous ending
    which is very rare and something I don't see much outside
    the harem genre but I don't think those are really polyamorous

It's called "is my hobby weird"

Moonpearl likes this.