Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Stone gambling is only famous in a few types of novels. IRL, it seems only those who understand jades or rare ore and, well, who want to live a rich life will care about it.

Jade carving is a different story, though. Jade is one of the essential accessories in China's history because of its meaning in their culture and its rarity, healthy benefits, etc. So yeah, it's big.

2. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    haven't really delved into fanfiction on sites other than jjwxc and ao3 unfortunately. and im not that big of a fan of chinese fanfics based on anime and novels/books since im more into cmovies/dramas but i do have some saved in my bookmarks. i don't know if you have similar taste as me though.
    (富江)蛇蝎美女: tomie fanfic, one of the rare completed ones
    如何逃离坏女人的掌心: makima fanfic, 5 chapters in 8 months
    海贼王之偏执GL: robin fanfic, a little bit 8th grade syndrome, but its been serializing pretty consistently for 2 years and i enjoyed it.

upload_2022-7-16_2-33-34.png
    tweet from the author. i dont understand korean nor google translate's version of the tweet, but im thinking it means its GL? korean language understanders, can you please confirm?
    EDIT: comments on webtoon are saying its shoujo ai at best/ no romance unfortunately. pretty certain there isnt going to be BG though thankfully.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  3. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    It means no CP or has hinted, but no one ends up together, I suppose. The author wrote GL one before and put a tag on its title, and this one doesn't have that tag.

Meloonseed likes this.
  4. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    View attachment 72553
    tweet from the author. i dont understand korean nor google translate's version of the tw, but im thinking it means its GL? korean language understanders, can you please confirm?
    sadge

5. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 炮灰女配弃疗了!
    Same template as "The Eldest Martial Sister Gave Up Treatment". The MC is a Loli Villainess character who is already a "respectable lesbian"/"women's public enemy" in the eyes of most heroines (That, to her, is a compliment, LOL). Got a Task System to work her cultivation up to catch up with the rest of the heroines. Going around breaking all "death flags" by getting "intimate" with heroines who supposedly become her enemies in the future.

2. 玫瑰帝国
    Gender-bendered MC who was reborn as a daughter of a frontier/border aristocrast in the Era similar to Early Roman Empire's creation. Evident through her attending the Philosophy School founded by a renowed philosopher (Aristotle/Zeno/Plato equivalent?). MC got chased out of the capital during her time there by a prince, rejected by her when he proposed to her, and betrayed by some of her men/soldiers while returning home.
    Decided to create a new empire and become its new Emperor (Or Empress) alongside with her selected few loyal warriors, scholars. She embarked on the path of Conqueror, following the footstep of Genghis Khan(as stated by the author, also not morally GOOD), expecting blood and chaos everywhere she goes. Already bedded many ladies, from commoner who studied during her time at school to fellow aristocrast ladies.

3. 平凡母亲救世物语
    MC is an "ordinary" girl who somehow attained the affections of many "World Destroying" beings, from Demon Kings, queen, daughter of creation god to legendary mage, spirits ... This is the heart warming daily life story depicting her "Harem shennigans" with these beings.

4. 对不起,为了姐姐我拒绝了她们
    No System - Return to the Past story. MC wishes to "repair" all the damages she had done to her weak Senior Sister during her first life when she realized she had somehow return to the day everything started going downhill. In order to not repeat the scene of seeing her Senior Sister running away from home only to end up dying lonesome while MC rergreted for the rest of her life, she will undo all the damages before they started, while somehow garner the attention of many people curious for such changes.

These are some of my most recently ventures, hope they are to your liking. Wish you have a good time with these and if you ended up with some good recommedations of Yuri Harem like these, don't be shy to share!

6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this novel actually exists. I read its description in another novel, but it has referenced existing works (like Edward Scissorhands), so who knows.
    The setting is like this: the protagonist is a mermaid. Merpeople don't have a gender until they fall in love. After she fell in love with a man, she turned into a woman, so she went looking for him. But him turned out to be a her.

7. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually is translated
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-monster-girls-evolution/?pg=3#myTable
    Although after I googled it, I could not find its original source (I have some grounds to assume it is a cimeiwao novel that is not available abroard for some reason)

8. DoomCalibur

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that many Ciweiwao's Lily Novels before 2019 got deleted as a big purge back then, most of them on Hiatus or Already Completed. with few exception like tops in ranking ("The Eldest Martial Sister Gave Up Treatment" is one notable example). Hopefully the ones debuted after these can escape this fate....

9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    That is very sad. Thankfully we have aggregators lol. Though how effective they are for cimeiwao is a differenent kind of question

10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    23 hours to go before the Writing Competition submissions close~!

If anyone is writing for it, be careful to submit in time.

Otherwise, stay tuned for the voting period~!

11. DoomCalibur

Reading List:
    Link
    Ciweiwao pretty much abandonned its website maintainence IN FAVOR of the App format on Smartphone now... All of the four I posted were few of which I got even before this tragedy kicked in, as for how to nagivate the site for more Orange Novels, it's officially App-Only now hahahah... As for ticket, I don't know much about it since I mainly wander around SFACG, but I believe the Ciweiwao's ticket to unlock paid chapter can only be PAID with money, unlike SFACG where you get 5 Fire Ticket daily check in for free (Expired after 3 days right?)....

P.S: Oh that new one, can't believe someone already showed interest in it that fast, considering how fresh off the shelves it is. SFACG still offer some good one even though they did away the Lily + Harem tags. Here is another potential catch in my opinion: LINK to the site.

12. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Voting for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022) is now open~!

The poll is located at the top of the thread.
    It will close on the 15th of August at 11:17 in British Summer Time - please check the timestamp below the title for a conversion to your own time.

We have 14 successful entries this year, each from an anonymous author who won't be revealed until the winners are announced.
    Please read each one before casting your vote, to give of them their fair chance to wow you.

You have a maximum of 3 votes to cast, and they can be changed right up until the poll closes.

If the voting results in a tie, I will choose one lucky person IRL (probably my girlfriend) to read the tied entries and pick their favourite, as a tie-breaking vote.

All entries can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/502302/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-/

Good luck to everyone, and happy reading~!

LNOnlineOtaku likes this.
  14. bookmunchies

bookmunchies Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know why didn't know general was female was deleted from the tl site?

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Nopey98

Nopey98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any abo Chinese novel recommendation?

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read it up to latest chapter.
    It is an amazing story that is far better than I have expected with a lot of fresh takes on some cliches. I also have to respect the author for having the protagonist suffer the consequences of her decisions, which adds a lot of weight to what she does as a character. When a morally good character acts in a morally good way in a novel without stakes it feels shallow, so the punishments the protagonist has to endure are certainly appreciated.
    The settings are also well put together, very fresh.
    Though I cannot call it heartwarming, nor is it exactly a slice of life...
    Unfortunately, there have been no updates for more than a month...

AsianessPride and DoomCalibur like this.
  17. DoomCalibur

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah... Glad to know you like it and notice my "sarcarm". Maybe next time i should put the word in double quotes like "heartwarming" LOL.

18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everyone~! The voting for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022) is well underway, but I'd like to start preparing for the next anthology event too.

Based on the last anthology and some research I've been carrying out, I've decided to return to the original format, where authors write for prompts submitted by the Yuri Gardeners.

To that end, I'm catching your attention to ask you to submit prompts~!
    Is there a type of yuri you're dying to read, but doesn't seem to exist anywhere? Is there a twist on the old tropes you'd like to see an author try? Then step right up~!

You can ask for almost anything, as detailed or as vague as you please, but there are a few restrictions I have to put in place this time.
    These include:

• No rape, non-con, serious dubcon, sexual assault or harassment, or anything centred around these. I literally cannot vet these stories, and Scribble Hub publishing rules also says no.
    • No extreme kinks like sadism and masochism. If they're not done right by the author... Well, see the first point.
    • No sexual/romantic relationships between minors and adults. This means between people who are below 18 year old and those who are/are above 18, or between someone who is intended to be an adult and another who is intended to not be an adult, whichever form that takes. (The 3000 year-old stuck in a 6 year-old body is banned, basically.)
    • Age gaps between minors can only be 2 years at most. If dealing with long-lived fantasy species, they have to be within this level of equivalent age.
    • No incest. (It's difficult to work around the Scribble Hub rules on this matter.)
    • Futanari are allowed, but only if they identify wholly as women. If they're transformed into this state, they have to have identified wholly as women before.

Any prompts that don't meet these rules will be discarded.

Otherwise, please submit to your heart's content. Depending on the number of submissions, I can't promise that every prompt will be fulfilled, but that will be in the hands of the answering authors.

The link to the submission form can be found here: https://forms.gle/z4a6mBM1cgkrtTuw5

19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
  20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link