Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cuddles0_0

Cuddles0_0 (>^∆^)> Xtra Whipped Cream Translations <(^∆^<)

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone happen to know any horror game Yuri?

2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not find it in jjwxc sites.

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i can agree without a hesitation that it's Het.

Someone read the new chapter of :
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/why-do-yandere-girls-like-to-find-me/
    ?

Is it safe (without drama) to read ?

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  5. nikitos00100

nikitos00100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story hasn't reached some fluffy moments yet but I get the feeling it will be in maybe after 10 chapters from now~! And the side stories are also worth reading~!

Also I got this for you guys~!!!
    Chapter Text
    First Time

“I… I don’t think this is going to work.” Weiss was panting, her cheeks flushed with exertion. “Ruby… it’s too big.”

“No, you’ll be fine.” Ruby blushed and bit her lip. “You’ll get used to it after a while.” She wrapped her hands around Weiss’s and eased them into a more comfortable position. “There. That should help a little. Just… just take it slow at first. Get used to the feel of it. We’ve got all afternoon.”

Weiss nodded slowly and tried again. “I… I’ll try.” She took a deep breath and then stopped, every muscle in her body clenched tightly. “Ruby… it’s too much. Maybe we shouldn’t do this… I mean… I’ve never done this before and…”

“Relax.” Ruby wrapped one arm around Weiss to steady her. “You’re too tense. That’s why it’s so hard. Just take it nice and easy.” She guided Weiss through the familiar motions. “There. That’s not so hard is it?”

Weiss frowned. “That’s easy for you to say. You’ve done this before. I haven’t.” She pursed her lips as a bead of sweat rolled down her brow. “Just let me try it… there… and… AH!”

X X X

Blake stepped into the dorm room and scowled. Ruby and Weiss were tangled together on the floor surrounded by what appeared to be the remains of one of their desks. Crescent Rose was right next to them, its tip imbedded in the floor.

“Honestly, if you’re going to teach Weiss how to use Crescent Rose, do it somewhere else. At the rate you’re going, we won’t have any furniture left.”

7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy New Year, everyone! 2018's been a busy year for GL here. On top of all the new novels that have been picked up thanks to everyone working hard, the Yuri Garden has gained a staggering 39 pages since January!

I unfortunately don't have any New Year's themed pictures to share, but here's to another great year of lily love~! :blob_pompom:

8. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
  9. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost finished reading Female general and eldest princess. The pairing between the two of them is pretty disgusting IMO. I really do not like the princess character she's basically a borderline villain typecast. There's an argument to be made that she's doing it all for her brother but really her personality of using the main character as a chess piece is quite disgusting if the author was planning on making both of them a couple.

I understand the use of the political intrigue in the story but the author made the mc too fuckin dumb compared to the princess to the point where it's amazing that she's even a general.

I, unfortunately, do not recommend the novel if you like fluffy romances because it's totally non-existent here. I'm not even joking it takes over 70% of the book before they even sleep in the same bed together...

Anyway, I'll update this post when I finish seeing if it at least has a somewhat decent HE.

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you guys think of Qualia the purple?

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it quite a while back, but from what I can remember has a pretty interesting plot. A bit similar to
    Steins;Gate
    Some of the philosophical and scientific concepts it explores are pretty interesting and informative, and the characters are pretty likeable. I'd recommend it.

Ddraig likes this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, that's a pity... I would have hoped the princess would make an exception for the general. I think I'll keep reading it for the story, though. (Thanks for letting us know!)

I love it~! I was a bit disappointed by the yuribait/practically nonexistent yuri, but the story itself is really surprising when it picks up. I ended up reading it all in one go when I only meant to read a few chapters to start with.
    Have you finished it yet?

I don't know any, but it occurred to me today: have you tried Yandere Simulator fanfiction? They won't be aware of being in a game, if that's what you meant, but it's the closest I can think of.

Cuddles0_0 and LNOnlineOtaku like this.
  14. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fine with me, yuri or not doesnt really matter to me. The thing that matters is story. And no not even started reading it yet

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I'll warn you that it starts off really slow. The first half is essentially a slice-of-life with some weirdness thrown in, mostly so you can get to know the characters and the author can teach you about the concepts he's going to be using before everything goes to shit.

Personally, I always compare Qualia the Purple to Madoka Magica, but from Homura's perspective.

Ddraig likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good to know. Guess i'll drop it from my list

17. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~! i am sorry that the RWBY: Twin Roses is taking so long to update since i was drawing something for the new years and when i was midway done~ i was invited to a drinking party in new years day that i was planning to finish it but my stupid drunk friend HID IT WHILST DRUNK AND NOW SHE CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE SHE HID IT~!!!! -cough- anyways~ i was busy searching for it and i am going to post it here once it is done~! it's kinda my new years gift to all of you sisters and brothers~! again Sorry for the Delay~!:D:p:X3:

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished the Yuri Garden's Recommendation Directory~!

It was a lot harder than I expected to compile. Sometimes people mentioned things that weren't yuri or discussed whether something was yuri or not and didn't reach a clear conclusion. Sometimes people didn't give enough information to find the work they were talking about. I also wasn't sure if it was safe to include some of the links that were provided, or if they'd count as linking to aggregators...

Some things like images couldn't be placed in the directory either, for practicality reasons.

So, after many tense judgement calls, this is the finished product. If you see anything that I haven't marked for NSFW, or have placed in the wrong section, or if you have any information to volunteer (especially about the manga list), please let me know~!

Speaking of series that weren't named...
    Kei-chan, do you remember what the name of this manga was? I know you mentioned this all the way back in October, but I sort of want to read it~!

19. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Keitaro123 likes this.