Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the help!

2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? I thought the background intrigue and mystery that was coming to the fore was worth continuing the series for at least a little longer.

SSE licenses a lot of really interesting yuri~! I really want to collect them all...

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone interested in licensed series. Yen Press made announcements at 07.01.19
    https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1082366413384417282
    [​IMG] Clad in school uniforms practically breathing with life are the girls of Hoshimiya Girls’ Academy. When a certain “incident” rocks the academy, hidden feelings will be entwined in this pure girls’ love story. We’re announcing the licensing of COCOON ENTWINED by Yuriko Hara!
    -------
    I return for my previous subject of Scribblehub, personally read two
    • Convergence of Fates - SF setting, long chapters, good worldbuilding, but in early part of relationship building
    • GMs, QA Your Worlds First!, very very similar for quick transmigrations chinese novels, unfortunately author is Shinsori who has history of putting novels on hiatus in royalroad

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been tempted to write one, it's just a matter of finding the time. I've already been neglecting the pilot chapter I put on ScribbleHub for a non-GL series as well so that isn't a good sign.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then godspeed and don't mind icebergs on the way for creation :cookie:

---------

N.B. I haven't seen any recommendations for "Tadokoro-san"
    https://mangadex.org/title/33202/tadokoro-san
    It has two cute adorable dorks
    and truck-kun isekai-style cliffhanger in last chapter

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, I can't quite point out what it was, but I just couldn't get much into the series... Maybe it was the fact nothing made it particularly remarkable for me...

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I have trouble finding the muse for my stories. i have 12 or so in various states of development but the inspiration to continue them eludes me a lot.

8. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are "Convergence of Fates" and "QA Your Worlds" yuri in Scribblehub ? Somehow they don't have the GL / Girl's Love tag.
    Edit: Oops looks like they are. I surely forgot. Btw now i'm unsure, is it Girls love ? OR Girl's love ? or both are okay ?
    Is Mouikkai Musume / https://www.scribblehub.com/series/3200/mouikkai-musume/ a fluffy story ? The gender bender and tragedy tag are not helping at all even though it's tagged heartwarming. Maybe the tragedy is because she can't walk. Edit: abusive parents tag and thriller tag. It's REALLY NOT HELPING ! (to make me want to read it)
    I forgot what was my third topic after writing all this stuff.

Edit 2: Remembered after reloading the main page of NU. Just one hour ago : we got the introduction of 10 new yaoi novels damnit. And yesterday (or maybe earlier in timeline) there were 2-3 others. It makes me more depressed. I favor the villainess is not yuri enough to my tastes. I dislike tsunderes (exception when i really like the plot).
    Also i think i will read Convergence but not GMs, QA Your Worlds First!, the fact there is the duo of Shinsori + horror tag makes me trembles and not want to read it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, those titles and tags could be very misleading, strange and sometimes stupid. Girls love is more complex term than yuri or shojo-ai it contains them both, it marks japanese novels (on syosetu). Division is more "western" thing.
    But those tags are more or less good - in comparison with https://www.scribblehub.com/series/4201/roots-/
    Even spilled coffee on monitor while reading them.

I suggest at least give GMs, QA Your Worlds First! a chance, but don't be attached to this. Tags there for different worlds. If one of next worlds where MC transmigrates will be zombie one, it will justify that tag. For now novel has good flow. Quick transmigration type of novels very difficult to judge with tags only.
    There was very good chinese quick transmigration novel mentioned earlier (MTL is way better than the most of others it was simple and was easy to read)
    https://m.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/nvzhuzaishang_kuaichuan_/
    It had
    1 arc - school life in modern world
    2 arc - xuanxuan type
    3 arc - modern day showbiz with some sports
    4 arc - zombiecalypse world
    5 arc - fantasy world with magic and magic beasts
    6 arc - wuxia type
    7 arc - modern day computer geek in MMO and hikkimori
    in all worlds person behind FL was the same
    so tags will be something like - School Life, Modern day, Historical, Supernatural, Showbiz, Zombies, Fantasy, Non-human protagonist, Human-nonhuman relationship, Protagonist loyal to love interest and so on, combine it in same page .... and will be blowing people minds who will try to determine - what the heck is this.

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Need a spoiler about good series of oneshots :
    Lily Bouquet - A Girls Love Anthology (RR)

I am still at telepathic girlfriend before FL (or is it MC ? hmmm, nope it's FL) encounters the ex-girlfriend of MC. Can tell spoil me of the rest ? Kinda scared of what will happen when FL encounters ex-girlfriend like telling MC she is a douche-bag despite being kind to MC. I just want some fluffy... I hope they become friends. OR she learns ex is still in love with MC, which is kinda disturbing ? i guess ?

Plz need spoiler fast, i really want to continue reading right now.
    Also needs spoiler of the next arc even though it looks decent (christmas) or maybe not when i think about the title in a pessimistic mind.

Fossil likes this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for not fast answer - their meeting will result in interesting situation
    former love had already family for 3 years with child and asked both MC and FL to be godmothers
    and it became some other trouble that was resolved relatively fast
    FL became jealous of MC that looked to child of her former love and make wrong assumptions that MC was needed normal family after some fights there was revelation that MC is full barren - early cancer and had womb removed and cannot have children at all. After misunderstanding was cleared there was happy end

late edit:
    christmas part is continuation of Love My Owner
    and it's good and without drama
    next arcs don't connects with previous
    New Year's Resolutions is not about MC/Narrator in these ark - she helps them
    and another ark is ongoing and story can turn in lot of ways

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for spoilers !

You almost scared me thinking that you were the author because didn't understand the "next arcs" + "New Year's resolutions" / didn't saw them because didn't click the "Next page" button before. Thx a lot !

Again thx you. Also i think it was a fast answer. I could successfully supress myself not reading them. And now i am replying late because for some reason i didn't get an alert for your reply (or didn't show up the correct numbers of alerts/not refreshing the page, missing the alert or i missed it for some other reason).

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished the "Christmas" chapters.
    And dammmnnnnnn, really liked the part where MC is feeling bad/sick in the restaurant. Very well written and pretty realistic to me. 10/10. Accepted drama because i knew it is just a misunderstanding.

Keitaro123, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  14. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    This haunts me all the time, to be honest.
    "Girl's love" should really be wrong, because that would mean a love belonging to one girl alone.
    The correct form might be "Girls' love", which would be a love belonging to multiple girls, or girls as an abstract.
    But most of the time I see it written "Girls love", which would be wrong unless "love" is taken as a verb instead of a noun. In that case, it becomes a sort of sentence, meaning "girls loving [each other]" more or less...

I Googled it and wikipedia (and a few other websites) said Girls' Love is the right answer.

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol thx for the reply.

Also after checking my hentai doujin website i found out there are 2 18+ yuri doujin of the couple of Blind girl x Beast girl.
    Don't really want to recommend them, just saying that they exist. Moonpearl weren't you interested in the coupling ?

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember if I said I was somewhere on the thread, but it does sound like an interesting coupling~!

Keitaro123 likes this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    The doujins i just spoke of (with surely by the same artist of the series, maybe official doujins just like the ones from Kuttsukiboshi) are of the series that Ubik said: "Beauty and the Beast Girl" by Neji.

Btw Ubik, at first i disliked your avatar because it looked like a dark skin character (sorry i may be a little racist but i can't control it / just a slight dislike) but after checking/clicking your profile (to look at your gender and see if i should write he/she (but decided to use your NUF's name in the end) ) it looks like in fact that it was Bakarina, and now i'm really liking it.

Ubik likes this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see~! I didn't think there would be doujins for that series, since it's only one manga. I'll maybe take a look for them after I've read the original.
    Thanks for letting us know~!

I'm pretty sure racist posts are against the forum rules, though~!

Ubik likes this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, was glad to help :blob_sunglasses: and in no place I'm author, only reader
    very cute development of characters and good decision making from mother of FL
    matter of different perspective of light and artistic vision - it's really Bacarina from My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
    extras from Vol.1
    [​IMG]
    glad that it was mentioned

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.