Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope nobody minds mine double posts.
    In these requirements falls Warm Place
    MC was reincarnated and her FL now about 3x years. But warning, main story is kinda meh, extra ones are fluff and awesome.

P.S.
    @Chrono Vlad Disturbed version of that song was better.

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/less_than_friends_ch02#1
    A really funny big speech of shy delinquent MC revealing all her feelings about innocent FL (all in her head of course).
    Also a really fluffy moment with MC getting closer to FL by a small step.

I just got a minor problem with this series i hate the purple lipstick of delinquent MC. In fact i hate lipsticks in general and most of the time when the lips of characters are detailed/drawn.
    i became annoyed by your post because of how useless it is. Because if you read the summary you would understand that it's a classic revenge story with the cliche "sister fooled by lies and her acting the fiancé of MC to break the engagement with MC with later him marrying the sister" with a original twist : "MC is killed by her sister but reincarnate as her daughter" and so (IT'S WRITTEN BLACK AND WHITE IN SUMMARY !) she will get her revenge on her ex-sister-now-blood-related-mother.

Ubik likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I was talking about "A Lesbian Elf and a Cursed Princess"~!

:aww: :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

At least we can read the story as a manga now~!

Ooh~! The character designs are so pretty for a oneshot. Nice find~!

:'D *immediately drops like a stack of hot potatoes*

I don't think it's useless. We had some rumours that there would be yuri in it, so an update would be good.

Ubik likes this.
  4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sabruness, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Even I Have Become a Beautiful Girl, but I Was Just Playing as a Net-game Addition
    Gender bender that is sadly not tagged yuri nor normal romance.
    It had the potential of being great (for us Yuri Gardener) because of being similar of a great futanari 18+ doujin where male MC confess to his crush but is rejected, becomes a girl and later on FL is interested with MC because he is now a girl, but sadly looks like it won't have the same ending, unless someone spoil us it does become yuri in future chapters.

6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    My wife is a man, manga, that is yaoi.
    Got a new chapter (23) that looks kinda yuri. A girl is in love with trap-kun.

Edit: WTF ! Today, on the same day, there is also a manga that is not yuri, that have a new chapter release that looks like yuri !!!!
    Title: Tonikaku Cawaii
    The manga after Hayate no Gotoku (same author).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it begins with yuri, next was simple GB without romance, and it's ended with yaoi, quite an evolution....

Just Playing as a Net-game Addition is similar in that way with She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman (WN) no romance or yuri tags there.

But there were still new ones:
    Me and my Right Arm - Girl without one arm get help from another girl who became like her girlfriend and second arm, rather cute.
    Futanari no Elf - no exactly fully yuri, but somewhat comical situation with easily agitated elf and her seem like girlfriend. It's look like a hentai-like Dj where all hentai was cut off (strange one yeah).
    And if somebody missed or interested, there is continuation of Citrus, Citrus + 3 chapters already.

in another news at RRL "Valediction" reach end of it's first book, author wants to continue this story for about two more, but later. At least after Anachronism book 2.

p.s. From the looks of it Her Shim-Cheong ended in raws, it looks like all ends well. I hope to that at least judging pictures, now I'm hyped for series even more, it could be wrong but whatever.

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx was pretty good, even though i didn't really like the bodies of the elves (big breasts, looking kinda fat)

Thx to you linking Futa no Elf, i began to read :
    https://mangadex.org/title/29142/bai-he-lily
    I saw it first at mangafox, saw Lily in the title, liked the cover, but was disappointed because no yuri/shoujo-ai tag.
    Searched shoujo-ai tag from Futa no Elf on mangadex, and miracle ! Lily was in it ! And so i began reading it.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  9. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah don't touch Devouring Princess if you're in it for potential yuri, you'll have a bad time.

I don't really consider the cover yuri bait, since Maria has a knife to Lilith's throat in it if you actually look.

10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also gonna warn you guys about not reading (unless you want a bad end) something : a recent 18+ oneshot on dynasty from author of Bra Girl (with it's usual quite unique drawing style) :
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/im_getting_married

SUMMARY/RECAP OF THE ONESHOT:
    Basically: FL seems friendly with men but that only excite MC everytime who have sex with her later (everytime), blabla she is happy with her, some minors flashbacks about MC not so good moments so we can see a comparison with what she has with FL, one day MC hears a rumor that FL is sleeping with colleagues and become uneasy, goes to a bar to get drunk, crying, talking to herself, questionning to no one questions about FL, a drunk colleague (that is supported by 2 others) rage, saying women are shit, MC and him fight but stop after agreeing that women sometimes pretend, skip, we see MC and ML being drunk walking home, ML thinks MC is "alright", kabedon her and kiss her, insta skip to sex scene, and the moment after-sex, skip, bubble saying "And then, since we didn't use a rubber" with the chief saying that that MC-ML are getting married to have a child, MC looks embarassed, FL call her saying "Congrats".
    Last page: First koma/image, FL with a zoom on her mouth : "I'm shocked! I had no idea you two were dating... You haven't been spending time with me lately, Mitsuko-chan. So that is why"
    2nd image: MC with a stupid face of not understanding anything (with a useless blush from author) + bubble saying: "To sum things up, I don't understand women."
    Last image: FL crying with eyes closed (with again useless blush, damn this author sure love characters blushing) saying : "Truly, congratulations. I'm so jealous." + bubble : "I don't even understand myself."

Sharing with you a comment from Dynasty. It's pure gold because of how on point it seems like :
    Mitsuko's irrational mistrust of Kyouko and general misogyny backfire on her. She succumbed to her insecurity and now she has what the other women wanted, but what she wants is forever lost to her.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe it's just a story about bad things happening to bad people.

I read it because i was ultra bored, not liking having original yuri not read. And even though i didn't read at first because there is drama+cheating+bisexual+het, i tried it (starting from last page (my genius idea so i see the drama and i am not hurt by it) because i was interested to see if there was good parts like "MC cheats on her husband with another woman".
    Now i am not happy because of having read it and hating it.

Edit: *Checks cover of Devouring* Wow there is indeed a knife, totally didn't notice before.

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt call it yuri bait but it is a bit of a tease. Someone should write a fanfic where it is yuri XD

Hylias-sama, what will Devouring Princess's schedule be like? Now that it's reached the start of the revenge train, i love it and need MOAR to satisfy XD

Ubik likes this.
  12. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once I finish an arc, I'll release it on a daily. It won't be super regular though

Ubik likes this.
  13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, ch2 of series +999 bronze sword was released:
    https://aya.sanusi.id/easy-going-adventurer-and-999-bronze-sword-v1-001/
    Edit: Don't forget to look at my comments in this chapter because they are quite pertinent.
    I saw a new series today. Looks like you chose to finally take a more less-dramatic series, nice ! (judging only from the summary)
    Unless i'm wrong and FL in it will be really annoying and troubles are everywhere.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Checked it some time ago in raws, until about 50 chapters or so. It's more on adventure/fantasy style, if I recall there was not much fluff at all (or little). And like all Chinese comics/WNs it has really slow plot.
    It kinda eludes me, just from where came an assumption that this is yuri? Just from cover? Just by checking synopsis summary on novel page it's clear that it can't be yuri at all. Still nice revenge novel with kinda unstable release rate in raws.
    Third target is my favourite, it was beautiful.
    Was pleasantly surprised when novel from my hiatus list appeared. It's nice but it looks like it's on prolonged hiatus in raws (about half a year). Looks like it because author made LN version and kinda dropped WN. So enjoy why it lasted (33 chapters).

There is new oneshot same as recently @Tsuru55 unearthed, it has same author that Cast a Spell. It has mostly the same trope with rather vague ending that can be interpreted different ways. Called Jewel of You. So skip it if you don't like vagueness or drama.

But for fluffiness there is still new chapter of The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration by @Dovey. It still kind of messy in plot, but rather amusing.

And another one that have nice end (it has last chapter translated) - Kiss and White Lily for my Dearest Girl/Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo in epilogue main pair meets or mention all other pairs. Still need to reread it because can't remember some of them who they are. :hmm:

Dovey likes this.
  16. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    *Big eyes* WHAT !!!!!!
    *Check series's NU page* WOW THERE IS INDEED A NEW CHAP ! I missed it ! Thx for telling me ! Gonna rush to read it now !
    Hmmm, not interested (despite having read some chapters, before Dynasty put drama tag on it).
    Even if it's fluffy ending, the drama after-taste makes me dislike the series.

*Runs to Peak Quick Transmigration chap*
    *Shout from far away*
    FORGOT ! I WILL STOP READING BEI HE LILY ! Because it's too boring and it looks like it doesn't get better later on from what you are telling me. So, to the paper bin. I am not disappointed (maybe a little) because i had a feeling it wouldn't be that good, specially with how annoying it was at the beginning that white haired MC tried to reject FL without revealing her reason. And after that disliked when FL reveals she is not in love with MC and also wants to use her as a shield until she finds her fated lover. Also (not sure) it looks like MC also not in love with FL.

Ubik likes this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't rush too far or you will end in different peak and end transmigrated to different novel.
    It maybe be better further, it could be worse will see. It kind of normal for chinese manhuas have slow approach on plot, there is rather nice called Lily, but it's really slow, they had first kiss after some drama in 4 hundred chapter or so, but became really close in 5 hundred ones (already in second season).

And we have one new stealth new yuri novel Adachi to Shimamura it's from TL of A Lesbian Elf and a Cursed Princess, but it's not like latter one.
    The second floor of the gym – this was where we always met. It was class time, but of course, there weren’t any classes going on in a place like this.
    This was where Shimamura and I became friends. We hung out here – talking about TV shows and cooking, playing some ping pong….This is where we fostered our friendship.
    Keeping my head propped against the wall, I let out a small sigh.
    What was this feeling? Yesterday, I’d dreamt of me and Shimamura kissing.
    Not that I’m like that. I’m sure Shimamura isn’t either. It’s not even something worth repeating myself about, but really, it’s not like that.
    It’s just that when she hears the word “friend”, I want her to think of me first. That’s all.
    There was manga of it mentioned couple of pages ago.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adachi & Shimamura was like the first yuri novel I ever read, back before I even knew novelupdates even existed (baka-tsuki was like my go-to source). Lost hope back then of it continuing, hope the new tl-er does all the volumes
    Also, since AnoKiss has ended, anyone know what's taking its place in whatever magazine it's running in?

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From comments on dex for that manga by TL (it same for novel):
    So maybe it will be better than first attempt.

Unknown, it was serialized by Comic Alive (Media Factory) it has small number of GL mangas, big chance that manga that take the gap will not be yuri at all. Or they will transfer one of manga from Comic Cune (it has larger supplement), but I will not bet on it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh~! :aww: Glad to see this picked up. The first chapter was so promising.