Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't think of many that fit that description... Maybe Shoujo Sect could work?

Netsuzou Trap might be another, though I dunno if it falls unto the fluffy category... And the lewd category is kinda small in this one.

Ubik likes this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    doesnt need to be all of those. Can be fluffy but not lewd, lewd but not fluffy as long as it isnt full of drama like NTR which i've ruled out.

Ubik likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Futaribeya is full of fluffiness! It's a very good pick IMO! ^^)/

Nothing full of drama though? That rules out most stuff I like... >.>

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  4. Sir Koopa6000

Sir Koopa6000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there, I like Yuri so I thought I migh as well join the fun.

5. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome new comrade! :blob_pompom::blobparty::cookie:

Keitaro123, Ubik and Sir Koopa6000 like this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I will keep it in mind and remove them from reading lists. About anime I have two questions you mentioned that Akuma no Riddle is better in anime, would you kindly expand on why? And second on SSE "Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn" manga marked as yuri, I know there was anime of it, was it yuri at all?
    If only fluffy I list some manga yesterday. I will quote myself on it, of course you know nearly all of them:
    In case fluffy with little drama .... Furry-Eared Girl Mel and Her Master, Dear My Teacher, Hanjuku Joshi
    And for lewd with fluffy and strange we have two main candidates (from dynasty even going there is pain, but most of manga in question marked H on dex and you can't see it without registration and settings):
    Mira:
    https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_sea_you_and_the_sun
    https://dynasty-scans.com/series/earth_girls
    and other ones
    Eiki Eiki
    https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/spring_summer_fall_winter
    https://dynasty-scans.com/series/love_dna_xx
    and other two
    https://dynasty-scans.com/series/is_my_hobby_weird
    https://dynasty-scans.com/series/nadeshiko_hiyori
    Welcome, and enjoy your stay!! :blobparty::blobtaco:

7. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the fluffy recs. a few of those are promising and chucked on my to read list.
    I've already read practically everything of Mira's more than once :blobthinkingsmirk:
    I've also read 'is my hobby weird' and 'nadeshiko hiyori'. the other two you linked are either too much potential for drama and too weird (respectively) for my taste.

as for Akuma no Riddle, i dont think @Moonpearl mentioned it recently. i think the comment you quoted may be in relation to Sasameki Koto but Moon-chan would have to confirm it.

Anyway, according to Dynasty comments section, the AnR manga has a lot more yuri in it and that the manga is just different enough from the anime that it's best to read it from the start (which i still need to do:blobjoy:)

Keitaro123, Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to help. :blobangel:
    Not only you. :blobowoevil_horns: But I still have to mention her.
    No, it's not related to Sasameki Koto. I found Moonpearl original post where she mentioned that, it was in September 2018, but further than she likes Akuma anime more there wasn't anything. Read and liked manga, but didn't see anime. So asking a question will it worth my time was logical choice.

Ok, now for ongoing.
    First we have season ending of Mage & Demon Queen, ending was nice with more troubles brewing in background. So let's see it in some months again.
    Second, Garden of Amy reached end of it's fast upload cycle so it will slow. I expect it slow down a very lot. Oh well.

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  9. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the Akuma anime (the dub is awesome) but havent read the manga yet lol. As i understand it, the anime perhaps passed the manga during the run so i know the anime was finished using plans and outlines from the author so ended up with a vaguely similar yet fairly different ending. It being an anime also likely meant things were cut or altered to fit. The anime is a bit more on the subtextual side of yuri until right at the end where it goes over what happened to the rest of them afterwards.

I need to get back to M&DQ now that the season has finished i guess.

QQ about Garden of Amy, especially leaving it on such a huge revelation cliffhanger

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only recently found fandub group with (fine to good) translation and dub of Akuma. As staying close to manga... I wish manga Happy Sugar Life was different from anime but it seem to be impossible.
    Yeah, so much for "heartwarming" tag.

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.. i didnt even know fandubs were still a thing, or a thing at all. the official dub is pretty epic.

Ubik likes this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If official language is english, it will be may be the case. But I already said that it is not my main. We are having only fandub groups for nearly all releases for nearly 20 years. There are some official channels who made good dub and translations, but I can count them on one hand. Overall even one fandab group is much more popular than official, nearly 10 times. Official could made or bad translations or they even care to made even second voice to dub... it's unprofessional.

Oh, and that is not only about anime, recent fangroup translation of GoT was more popular than "official" one.

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i wont comment on other languages because i have no clue XD other language stuff is beyond me and not something im in contact with.

Ubik likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, you shouldn't be sorry for it. You just can't know situation in all other countries.
    I kinda grateful to those fandub groups. Without them how else I would saw all that anime? :cookie:

Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.
  15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose i can sorta relate because without fansubbers, how else would we all be able to watch anime and know what's being said? :cookie:

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda give recent example it's not about yuri though. There was at least 5(!!!) fandub groups to translate (more like 10) and about 3 main ones. There are no official one to dub "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari". Situation was nearly same with "licensed" "Cells at work" 1st season. And there isn't any licensed yuri series at all.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome~! Do you have a favourite yuri series?

Actually, the anime stuck very closely to the manga storyline, with only one difference in the ending. It was worlds better, though. The only advantage the manga has over the anime is that Tokaku and Haru explicitly say the words "I love you" in it. I'll bullet point the differences.
    • The anime has much more subtlety than the manga, in a good way. The character relationships feel a lot more real in the anime. You can tell that Tokaku and Haru love each other from the tender looks they give each other, and it feels like their relationship develops across the series. It didn't need an explicit "I love you" to convince me it was true. The mangaka only seems to be able to force relationships. Their love felt very flat to me and it had to be "progressed" by characters saying it had. They also forcefully paired off all of the other assassins. You still get most of those pairings in the anime, but it comes about naturally through their interactions.
    • The subtlety made a huge difference in the plot, too. The manga had a lot of weird, blatant foreshadowing of the ending to create drama, but it was jarring. The chapter where Tokaku is conflicted after the revelation does help to make her actions in the manga more immediately understandable, but the anime didn't do too bad a job either, and it dropped the amateurish foreshadowing.
    • The pacing is much better in the anime. The way the story passes through each assassin really quickly feels rushed in the manga, but the episodic nature of anime really fits with that style. They also did a really cool thing where they change the credits ending every episode to reflect each character, which helps to give them a little more depth despite the short screen time.

[*]The anime pulled off that part at the end where the assassins are all revealed to be alive way better than the manga. I think it was only one panel in the manga, right? The anime gave a genuine little snapshot into their lives at that moment that made it a much more satisfying resolution to their arcs.
      [*]The manga has an epilogue/flash forward to adulthood scene that suggests that, after all of that, Haru really did end up growing up crooked and they're both working for the company. It's a terrible ending. The anime doesn't have a scene that far in the future, but it ends on a scene that suggests that they go free and finally live happy, normal lives, even if they still have a little bit of trouble from the company. It's the ending that the story of Akuma no Riddle really needs. I don't know why the mangaka threw that weird, underdeveloped conclusion in at all.
    In short, the anime is better because the anime format suits the story better and because whoever made the anime is a better storyteller than the mangaka.

It was such a satisfying ending~! :blobmelt:

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  18. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now, we suddenly got a huge bunch of stuff in dynasty reader.

Edit: the ones that i think are important are :
    Tae-chan and Jimiko-san
    Hino-san no Baka
    New Support Units Nier Domina by YuriWhale
    Bright and Cheery Amnesia ch33 by Tamamusi
    Let’s Keep This a Secret Between the Two of Us by Midorinocha

the last one (and the one from YuriWhale) is a 18+, somehow read it earlier on nhentai, nothing special to it just that it's a recent coupling, too bad that for some reason they put the tail between their BEEP when they did tribadism

Edit 2: Tae chan, seems like the girl that was seduced become a little crazy and have sex with another girl (for no reason and saying without warning that she loves her/loli), can't help but feel like a dark ending incoming, not liking
    Hino san just resminisce and pinky promise, boring
    Yuriwhale nier, nothing extraordinary about it, but really liked the last page where the other girl workers get their own 2B
    Amnesia, really boring becuase Mari is not in love (yet), boring

In short, everything is quite bad, really disappointing

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Ubik, Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  19. Sir Koopa6000

Sir Koopa6000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I am not sure. But do have recently finished Akuma no Riddle

Ubik, Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.