Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New recommen:
    [Harumachi Tsurara (Shichoson)] Banyuu Inryoku no Housoku | The Law of Universal Gravitation [English] [Digital]
    nhentai
    From the author that did Yuri sekai / succubuses with ecchi powers tournament / Girl raping prostitute girl
    Good ending for this, wellllll as long you try to forget their not-shown future as yuri seems not accepted like IRL and MC seems is poor
    Edit: looks like it's finally on dynasty : https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_law_of_universal_gravitation

Edit: lol in
    Hero-san and Former General-san
    we get to see the face of the enemy mastermind, and pupupu she just looks like an cold bob cut white haired high school girl, kinda expected something more.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Ubik, Moonpearl and Keitaro123 like this.
  2. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting yuri:
    https://mangadex.org/title/29570/addictive
    It's nice because the girl that is in love for FL seems like that she will get another girl as a lover.
    Can't wait when everything is solved. This weird plot seems... just really weird.

Also it kinda tickles my fetish of wanting a girlfriend sick/handicapped. Yeah i know, i'm weird.

Ubik, Moonpearl and Keitaro123 like this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Recommendation Directory is current again~!

I didn't see these on the directory, so I want to make sure to recommend them.

From a while ago: Arcadia ~Flowers of Paradise~
    This is a cute two-chapter manga about a school girl who lives with a ghost. There's NSFW content in the second chapter, a happy ending, and the art style is very cute.
    I'm sure I've recommended it elsewhere before.

I recently also came across an interesting GL novel on Scribblehub: Erislethe: Valley of the Dragon Queen
    I'm still trying to make my way through it slowly, since it's a bit more of a serious-sounding novel than the light novels around here, but I like the effort that's been put into it. I'm really hoping the dragon queen is the love interest...

Also, it looks like Futanari no Elf had chapters deleted again. Is it a cursed manga or something?

Keitaro123 likes this.
  4. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for yuri with a possessive lead (like, yandere but not as intense). Quickly transmigration: fate trading system has this in what’s translated
    but mc is oblivious to emotions atm and I don’t know where it will end.
    Maybe the current lead (it is a quickwear/worldhopping novel) in it will go full yandere next chapter considering the tag but who knows, I welcome all recommendations, manga, rrl, wattpad or straight from NU. As long as it’s free.​

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is basically my 'Go-to and use machine translation to read' list.
    but yeah, its sad so many are dropped.

Keitaro123, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden's Survey Report is finally up~! Read it here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/the-yuri-gardens-2019-survey-report.2337/

And on that note, someone asked in the improvement section if I could either create a new tag or a section for yuri that includes male romance.
    Making a new section would be too much (maintaining these takes a lot of effort), but I will put a note beside things in the Recommendations Directory that include het romance. Unfortunately I can't promise to tag everything - I haven't read everything in the Directory and I honestly don't want to. I usually rely on Dynasty's tags and whatever people tell us when they post recommendations to categorise things, and I've noticed several manga that are NSFW that weren't appropriately tagged by Dynasty.
    If anyone sees anything in the Directory that they know has het romance, please let me know!

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Short holidays are good, but so much catching to do, sorry for long post. :blobfearful: :sweating_profusely:
    Kanstoppu in there more or less picked up by yurikatrans, and three WN borderline could be in there in a week or so, mostly from Aya ( :blobsad: ).
    It's kinda old one that was translated by n4tsuyu now (it was by Amari Kaori). If you are in this stuff it was quite interesting.
    I linked to TLsite before, they have very big list of chinese yuri. And TL working on some of them: https://www.n4tsuyu.com/ongoing
    Most looks nice, and when they were posted on dex readed some of them (Love Data and G.G.).
    From first glance that was something new, but when I saw ending I remember that read it before (in YH Wildrose anthology) . Still was nice and cute to reread it and I wished there will be longer ending).
    I'm reading it too. But it still too early to say who will dragon queen chose.
    Not cursed, judging by comments on dex there was comment bashing TL for release quality. And he seems snapped and deleted or made them hidden.
    Quite interesting choice. If you can read MTL or raws because most of them are in early stage or dropped/hiatus:
    funny thing that most of them are chinese:
    Mistress, I Was Wrong
    Considering the Possibility of Falling in Love With the Villain
    The Price of Confessing To The Wrong Female Protagonist
    My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day
    Never Dare to Abuse the Female Protagonist Again

There are some in "western" that more like possessive/clingy
    The Hollow on SH and RRL But it isn't main part of story.
    My eyes can see clingy
    Valediction and Anachronism more like clingy/possessive after meeting. But it isn't main part of story.
    Hope it helps. :cookie:
    They advertise it for some time already even it was old version of site, and it's good to see to see it released. :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    But I wished they finally lift off Kanstoppu what they promised in start of april.:blobdevil:
    That is kinda confusing to say at least :blobconfused:. In what form it is should be mention? If it is about when MC has both types of relationships, this could be count on one hand and is listed already. Or I'm, misunderstanding something? :sweating_profusely: :blobdizzy:

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't quite understand. Het romance + yuri romance with MC or some het with side characters ? If first, it's easy, just add Bisexual Protagonist or something. For second i think it's too common to warrant a tag.

10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl already label it with "contains het" eg. Upside Down (NSFW, gender bender, polyamory with het as well, "strong language")
    or
    Born Under the Moon (NSFW, gender bender, "gore, profanity, traumatising content"; contains a brief f/f relationship but is not a yuri novel) (completed)
    Dexs/ Clairs Adventure (NSFW, gender bender, "gore, traumatising content"; yuri content varies) (completed)
    I think it is clear as a day to see what expect. So additional "tags" would be redundant.

11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll add it when it gets updated.

And geez... I didn't see a problem at all?

I think the participant was most concerned about male love interests that are thrown in just for drama or a het ending. I'm sure there are people who also want to avoid all het romance, though.
    I've tried to mark out the nature of any het romance where I can in the Directory so people can decide for themselves.

Sabruness, Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some are very prone to critique. Some are taken it too seriously or personal insult. Regardless, in conclusion TL has lost nerves, readers lost manga, critics has.... are critics I guess. :blobangery:
    So, in the end:
    Het romance are mentioned - check
    Nature of romance are mentioned - check
    Addional tags are not needed - check
    Problem solved? :blobhyperthink:

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the translator said something about giving up to let the better translator take over anyway, so maybe it's not too bad? Provided the others don't abandon the project too...

I updated the Directory a few hours ago with some extra mentions, so hopefully it is.

Ubik likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was exactly what happened. I don't saw it specifically, but there was more than two groups with uploads and deleting chapters (they deleted 4 chapter multiple times). Last one (7) was rather not clean, but it doesn't deserve all that bashing. Oh well, I really hope you are right and all ends well.

Then all is good.

There are some new ones in novels and mangas (it will take time to read or mention/recommend them or not), but what should be mentioned that there is another new GL series additionally to what Tsuru55 mention. It is from picked up novels (there was week ago thread about it, and post here by Opfeminist on wednesday.
    So it's Female Mad Tyrant Cool

p.s.
    It remind me of two another mangas, one cancelled other on hiatus. Both are on dominant/sub side of view. Both has BDSM elements. First - "On a leash", other "The Mistress Story". There was another one with leash .... and that was rather bad and weird.

Oh well, back to mine backlog.

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch26
    New chapter. They just go to FL room. And of course MC have her heart beating like crazy. Possible ecchi next chapter.

Edit: Saw Female mad tyrant cool ch1. Kinda not too happy about seeing the story about beasts and beastsmen. Really hope i will get to see soon next world and her+next FL being human.

Another point i don't understand. MC should have known the plot but why does she force the hare to eat the meat ? To make others agree she is just like them ?
    I wonder how it will play out in the future and how FL will fall for MC. Will FL be always forced to eat some meat with her fruits ? Will she become sick because of the meat ? I am curious what happen if a hare eat meat. Also really want to see the system becoming frustated seeing his host always getting the FLs and not the MLs or him not understanding at all the reason why the girls always fall for MC

PS: even though it should be cute with the hare being cute and forced to eat meat. Somehow i couldn't enjoy it at all. My mind was prepared to humans. Sigh...
    Edit: Sigh... i think it's because of 1)the bad future of FL 2)it's bad for health of FL to eat meat 3)how stupid MC looks like forcing FL to eat meat seeming like she doesn't know FL can't eat meat
    that made me not enjoy the scene.
    If she had a peaceful future, her being reluctant to eat meat and not looking it's biologically not acceptable for her and MC looking like she makes FL eats meat to make others leopard accept FL, i think i would have enjoyed it more.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  16. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~! Finally got the permission to go home to heal instead of staying in that hell hole~

And I just found some interesting RAW novels that I enjoyed reading through~! And there are some 18+ novels that I have been reading as well~ tehee~ pero~! I will be seperating them to avoid some unfortunate accidents~
    1.Another world revenge of the ugly transfer person-incompetence is started up with skill "predation"- author: Kiki
    Tags:R15+, Girls Love, Different World Transition, Yuri, Harem, Magic, TS/Sex Convertion, Evil Hero, Strongest ?Schedule?, Class Transition, Status, ?Zamaa? Class, WebNovel, Skill, Mecha, Dark Fantasy, Predation.
    Comment: it's the same author who made [Omae gotoki ga maou ni Kateru to omou na] to yuusha party Wo tsuihou sareta no de, Otou de kimama ni kurishitai. It's a dark novel where the protagonist was a girlish boy before the transfer that made a mistake and turned him to a her and the whole school is bullying her and decided to get revenge with her new found powers. It also managed to leave a sweet and sour taste in my mouth when I stopped reading it for a while. But I would recommend this if you aren't bothered by those kinds of stuff. Also beware if you aren't into Gender Bender~

2. Another world slow life of a TS yakuza- Author: Tatsuhiro Yamamoto
    Tags: R15+, Girls Love, Cruel Depictions, Other World Transformation, Daily Adventure, Romance, Rice?, TS, Happy End, Magic, Harem, Honobono?, Slow Life, Yakuza, Elf, Yuri, Succubus.
    Comment: it's a fun heartwarming WebNovel where our protagonist is a former yakuza and was reincarnated as a woman and managed to get three children through a series of events. Also due to his past life he wanted to be reincarnated peacefully with no desires to have any power and just wanted to live peacefully. It's are really cute WebNovel that I would really recommend reading~ Also beware if you aren't into Gender Bender~

3. It is a net character reincarnation or just so much- Author: Soundless Reproduction
    R15+, Girls Love, Cruel Depictions, Other World Reincanation, TS, Incarnation, Strongest Hero?, Samurai, Yuri, Game Character,
    Comment: It's a good novel with a noble minded main character and acts like one of those wise old powerful characters that somehow always gets the side lines~ but instead she is the protagonist~ It's a good novel that keeps you interested once you continuously read about 10 chapters~ the chapters are a little short but not so much that just irritates you to keep pressing next~ Also Beware if you aren't into Gender Bender~ though it doesn't really matter much in this novel as if the author just wanted to add it like a passing thought~

P. S

I added tags into the novels so you can get a more broad idea of what kind of novel it is~ I put question marks on tags that I'm not sure if it is the right translation~ can't read Japanese characters correctly yet~
    Alsoooo~ I'm sorry that I didn't get to add the R18+ last night~! I got caught by my twin and was stopped from using the iPad~ -Pouts-:blob_pout::blob_pout::blob_pout: but I am free tonight so I will be able to add the Web Novel by then~! So please wait for tonight~ I'm sure you would love it~!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat catch up.
    Dunno, I think it was no better than Mono-Eye in that regard. :blobconfused:
    That was rather underwhelming. That "evil enters from within" trope was overused and bring unnecessary drama. :blobsad:
    Yeah, first one was good, but I'll keep my hopes down. I was overhyped for Tag-Team before reading where plot leads in first part. Still if yurikatrans said it will be good then it will be so. :hmm:
    Yeah chapter was very nice. But like was said in comments, judging by overall tone of manga they will be or interrupted or will not have that intention. But I would prefer ecchi there... :blobnosebleed: And second pair has bloomed!
    It has some novelty in starting from beastman ark (usually it in middle or further in story).
    I think you overreacting in judging overall situation. First of all it looks like type of QT novel where MC doesn't have full control on behaviour pattern. So even if MC have knowing about plot, overall her decision will not be destroying common sense of that world. She would react as if that character was with changed circumstances. And having behaviour similar to that character.

Fear of meat part, you remember that FL is mixed cat-hare breed, cat are predators so they could eat meat. So I don't think something like that would be bad for her. And her eating meet could lead in deeper inclusion in that society, so FL could lead to know how they hunt, how hard is hunting for food in first place. And main point MC already destroyed that quest ark with "pure" FL version. Then when FL starts to become more predatory she will surely try to harass MC (in that way). That at least will not be possible with herbivore (passive) path.

World arks are short so we will see (I hope) what will come.

and.... only for me reading this on TL site was pain? Page formation made reading there impossible (strings gone further than screen). I was forced to copy text in Notepad+ to read

Congratulations, better to be at home than it that kind of place :blobparty:
    May I suggest something, maybe somebody will be interested and are being bad with google-fu (for somebody like me), could you add links to raws?

I found only for kiki novel, because I'm still stuck in raws there. And could proceed with name link from there.
    "Another world revenge of the ugly transfer person-incompetence is started up with skill "predation"- author: Kiki"
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7933eb/
    Funny tags are there: yuri harem, revenge, robot :blobfearful:

Ok, there is something not new, but with new recent chapters. Once again didn't find it here with search. Itazura Privacy - story about two school girls they are dating, but it's secret from everyone..... damn that was about another series...... oh well, but it still count for this one... Two different kind of girls, one is bulling another on surface, but in reality situation is very different from that that cause misunderstandings.
    It's funny fluffy series (with short chapters) with two adorable dorks in it.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow... i am in awe in front of your logic. Totally forgot about the summary/plot that FL will become possessive/yandere for MC.
    You sure ? You checked the raws ?
    Me too. I wanted to share the link to another hosting website but remembered it's kinda illegal for NUF.
    She gets 3 children ? What about romance ? Usagi Drop romance style ? Or there will be a wife for her?
    You didn't really explain what is the main plot. It's vr/mmorpg series?

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  19. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, well it's only logical, if she remained on passive how could even FL become yandere, right? :blobcat_knife:
    There was mention in pickup thread and yeah, I checked. :blobangel:
    80 chapters overall:
    1 world - 8 chapters
    2 - 9
    3 - 5
    4 - 6
    5 - 8
    6 - 8
    7 - 5
    8 - 5
    9 - 7
    10 - 7
    11 - 7
    12 - 3
    epilogue and afterword(?) - 2

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh...
    I wonder about the ending though. I am not against : It was always me ! (FL) And this time you can't escape ! Happy ending with possessive FL being CEO and having secretary MC or as housewife.

Ubik likes this.