Spoiler There’s Always a Protagonist with Delusions of Starting a Harem

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 20, 2017.

1. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    *coughs* In case no one is following the pick up thread, Orange Translations will pick it up as a teaser for the first 3 chapters and if the translator is okay with continuing it after that, then the rest will be hosted on Ainushi.

2. byebye

byebye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you guys so much for bringing up this story!

ChocoPuff and readerz like this.
  3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm totally not procrastinating *cough* but I did promise to do the rest of the arcs, so here they are. It's a happy ending that ties up the overarching plot very well.

This is a world where females rule and men are the ones who stay at home to give birth. There are actually 2 protags (twins of different genders) but they share the same name. This arc also reveals that there is definitely something fundamentally wrong w/ the existence of these protags that MC's trying to defeat.

The protag is the illegitimate daughter of the emperor and the previous imperial tutor, and she ends up succeeding the throne. MC is also the emperor's "daughter" (he's secretly male), and ML is the previous imperial tutor's twin brother who's been in a coma for decades. The world ends b/c one of the protag's harem members is the prince of an enemy country, and war breaks out over their forbidden love. That prince eventually commits suicide seeing the war he caused, but the protag mistakenly thinks that he was forced to death by his country, so she doubles her war efforts. The war escalates and the protag's harem leaves one by one after trying and failing to convince her to stop. Feeling betrayed, the protag then wages was on her former harem members, and they all end up dying. The enemy country and other neighboring countries attack b/c power vacuum, and this new war expanded until the world is destroyed.

MC takes over before his original host's real gender was discovered and he was killed for deceiving the emperor. MC has pills, so he was able to pass the 'exam' and prove he's 'female'. In this arc, ML basically got rid the entire harem for MC b/c ML has his memories and knows the 'truth' behind everything. He had the choice to return to his original world, but decided to continue reincarnating to follow and help MC.

This is when the System starts to receive direct interference and its accuracy could no longer be 100% depended on. It's why MC became a dog (he wasn't suppose to according to what the System original planned for him), and this time, the System isn't even a mirror but a marble ball.

The protag is a guy who wakes up as a cute kitten after being run over by a car. He goes around getting picked up as a pet and then runs away not long after, repeating that cycle for most of his harem members. MC didn't even show up in the original plot, but in the later 'edited' versions, he's ML's dog that harassed cat!protag and died miserably. ML is one of the harem members who temporarily took care of cat!protag.

Later, the protag returns to his body after his cat forms dies while protecting one of the harem members. He discovers that he now has x-ray vision. Turns out, all the harem members have hidden superpowers, and they and the protag start to develop them. Later, they're ambushed by this secret organization of people w/ superpowers, and when they realized they couldn't defeat those opponents, they all self exploded as a last resort. After this, more and more people develop superpowers, and that eventually destroys the world's magnetic field. Natural disasters happen everywhere and the world ends.

MC takes over right after cat!protag ran away from his previous home and ML was the next harem member in line to take him in. Due to the interference of the soul flags, ML lost his memories again, though MC is able to turn into human form b/c he has a shape-shifting pill.

This is a world with only animal tribes, and after a certain age, they can shape-shift into human form. There was more interference from the soul flags so MC's transmigration had issues.

The protag is from the snake tribe, and after accidentally obtaining the inheritance from his tribe's sacred grounds, he becomes a "dragon" (actually only a legendary serpent) and rules over all the tribes w/ an iron fist as the Beast King. After years of refusing to step down, his harem members eventually turn on him, and the protag blows himself up after decades of fighting. The world descends into chaos and more war until everyone dies.

MC takes over as a baby dragon (a real dragon unlike the protag) and at this point, the protag was already ruling as the Beast King. ML is the chief of the Avian tribe and has his memories, so he's already planned the protag's death, only waiting for MC to arrive in this world before executing everything. However, the before the protag died, he attacked MC, making MC fall into a coma. The System sacrificed itself to protect MC and went into hibernation mode. The protag's soul took over another person, and when MC finally woke up hundreds of years later, he had to complete his mission w/o the System's cheat of knowing the plot.

The soul flags are all out attacking, trying to eliminate MC. The System barely saves him again, and he ends back in his original world at the time of his car accident that started everything off. He's lost all memories of the System, ML, and his world hopping missions.

The protag is this new intern who came close to stealing/ruining this medicine MC developed. ML is the eldest son of this powerful family who was saved by MC's medicine. This world also has an alien bug race, but it's very underdeveloped and poses no threat. However, the protag, w/ the help of her harem, develops an aptitude raising miracle drug that becomes the staple for all newborn babies to take, which years later, is discovered to have a fatal side effect. The protag disappears, but it was already too late for humanity by then, and all humans die out to the suddenly invading bug race.

This is where the truth behind the soul flags, ML, and System's identity is revealed, as well as why MC went around various world destroying harems. I won't spoil that here though.

The "protag" is the sickly twin from this influential family, and he and his brother both joined one of the most powerful sects. MC is reincarnated as a baby who's abandoned in the wild and found by this small sect in the mountains. ML is this super strong and feared cultivator who already ascended into the upper realms. There's no world-ending plot or harem since this arc doesn't follow the previous pattern (it is the grand finale after all).

JoshyM62, juanexbi, Xi-hime and 38 others like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Add on:
    Ch. 11: After ML took care of the harem members (or during the time he is taking care of them), MC and ML got married and ML isolated MC from the outside world. MC had to use crocodile tears to convince ML of his (MC's) love for him and doesn't obstruct him from going outside anymore.

Ch. 12: When MC turned from a cat into a human, ML totally thought that MC is a celestial being. MC said that ML is one as well but he was banished into the mortal world. The reason is that MC wanted to eat a chicken so ML went and slaughtered one for him, but it turns out that chicken is a newly ascended celestial being but had too little power so it looks like that. The Jade Emperor was furious and banished the ML. ML is still skeptical of the story, but MC blames himself, saying that if only he didn't say that he wanted to eat chicken, ML wouldn't have been banished. ML immediately comforted MC and said that it's not MC's fault ML slaughtered the chicken, ML did it because he wanted too.

Ch. 13: MC suspected the wrong person that the protag took over, ML already knew who it is but doesn't let MC know because MC is very close to that person and would be sad to know that person is the protag. After the protag is defeated, MC is very mad at the ML for hiding it, he brought up about the time in ch. 11, and said that doesn't ML know that if he keep hiding things from MC, then they will grow apart eventually. ML begs for MC's forgiveness, and MC said that he is tired (physically, this is right after he defeated the protag). ML told him to sleep and kissed him. A few minutes after, ML realized that MC is not breathing anymore. ML was devastated, he believed that MC is so angry that he left without saying anything.

Ch. 14: While MC is unconscious at the hospital after the car crash, his spiritual energy(?) took on the shape of butterflies and flew over to the ML's side.
    A different time later, MC was meditating in his subconscious, and a crane(?) made of spiritual energy flew into his subconscious and started to act affectionately with him.

Ch. 15: ML's real body is a tree(?)
    Edit: ML is not a tree. I repeat, ML is NOT a tree.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    JoshyM62, juanexbi, Xi-hime and 39 others like this.
  5. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t thank you very much for all the spoilers, now i can't wait for the tl chapters to read it all... but wow.... what a cliffhanger... you are so mean... :blobfearful:... i really want to know the truth.. have mercy on us....

@kiara8 thank you too.... hehe, can you spoil the big reveal? Her's a cookie as a bribe...:cookie:

Heungbo, HesheFell, readerz and 3 others like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I only read half of the last arc since I got too inpatient.

Good news is, @winter-t is currently spoiling it in our danmei discord channel right now

7. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    What!? there is a danmei discord channel? why am i so behind on this stuff???

8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooohhhhhh!! Can someone, anyone really... spoil me?

9. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol same I had no clue that there was a danmei discord channel. Just thinking of all the spoilers I've missed..... :cry::cry:

azure_sea, readerz and Kittsune like this.
  10. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    QAQ .....its not really ready yet >.> .... @krrizis was planing to fix it a little bit more before inviting people :D

readerz likes this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoopsie. I just invited two people who wanted to know about the ending:blobpeek:

alexfilia, readerz and krrizis like this.
  12. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    alexfilia and readerz like this.
  13. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    dont worry about it o/

byebye and readerz like this.
  14. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    \o/ It's meant to be spread via word of mouth. Don't worry!

alexfilia and readerz like this.
  15. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how long are these arcs?

and please add me into your discord channel when it's finished! >__<

16. Wulin

Wulin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want spoilers >.< Want happened afterall in the end? Anyone? I’m so curious!!!

17. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!! I really want read it now. Totally interested!
    I'll try MTL it and fry some neurons :notlikeblob:

18. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Each arc is 10 chapters on average. It doesn't feel dragged out, the action is snappy, and the relationship between the MC and ML gets established rather quickly after the first arc. The ML had ingrained the memory of the MC into his soul, so even when he forgot about him in each new world, he still recognized MC as someone he had to have. There's nice character development from the ML too. He starts out as a yandere with sometimes unfortunate consequences, but the MC always stuck around to have a talk and steer the relationship into healthy territory. So even though the ML still loves to eat vinegar (gets jealous easily), he's more reasonable and listens to MC first.

The end, seems they were battling a demon (or demonic cultivator?) who was strengthening his soul through grabbing soul flags in different worlds and integrating them into his soul for power (the harems). I kinda speed-read that, so I'm not too accurate. Anyway, MC and ML won, went back to MC's world, lived happily ever after. ML has reached godly cultivation, so they might be able to jump back to his world if they want? The author might not have specified (or I missed it). The 'system' was a godly tool (mirror) that showed things' 'true nature' or something like this. It recognizes MC as master in the last arc, so they stick together afterwards.

19. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this part lol, althought the MTL i read said
    MC: Hey Tian, your family's male lead is going crazy, doesn't he understand his words can be misleading?!
    System Tian: Chance to fall in love has dropped to 15%, btw the male lead is not part of my family.
    :p

20. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I so much hope someone will pick this novel and translate it :aww: I don't like harem so reading their distruction would be pretty satisfactory :blob_grin:

Diah4918 and HesheFell like this.