Spoiler There’s Always a Protagonist with Delusions of Starting a Harem

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    What event
    Trowing out small bits like that is torture

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had lunch, let's see if I can bear to type it out in a few hours.

Ryss, Poor_Hero and JuuHachi like this.
  3. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay it has been a few hours. I'm gonna have dinner in another one hour or two depending on how traumatized I'll be, so let's get this done first.

This is bits and pieces I remember from MTL. I might also be confusing it with other novels so you should wait for the translation or someone else to confirm this.
    So the Protagonist and his potential harem members, how he build up their affection is by using his ability: producing water that can be used for healing, not sure whether it can increase their abilities too or not. This healing ability is very precious, of course. But this is not his only ability. He also has space ability, and this ability is what he used to "help" clean up the post-battle ground. Zombies after their nucleus are dug, their bodies are left to rot. Therefore, the Protagonist cleaned these bodies by moving them to his space. His companions tried to help/stop him but he just said he wanted to contribute too.

Now for some more truths MC found out after analyzing the distorted facts from the given backstory.
    Fact 1: When the protagonist first awakened his ability, what he awakened is his space ability. There's a small spring in his space and he drank the water from it. As he drink the water from time to time, his space gets larger.

Fact 2: The protagonist always volunteered for clean up duty. The zombie corpses are always gone when he cleaned the area. Safe to say, he probably stuffed them into his space.

Train of thoughts:
    1. His space is full of rotting zombie corpse.
    2. The spring in his space could have been contaminated with the rotting corpses.
    3. The water he produced is not from a healing ability.
    4. The water he produced is contaminated by rotten zombie corpse water.
    5. This water produce healing effect to ability users.
    6. The ability users appreciate and have goodwill towards this miraculous water.
    *barf*

juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 11 others like this.
  4. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    how weird... I don't feel like vomiting like you do? orz am I not normal? orz thank you for answering the curiosity o.o

5. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow.

Is Zhong Qiu (the mad scientist who was working on the zombie vaccine). And he’s super strong. How did protag’s MLs manage to kill him?

Lmaoo

So ZQ infected himself with the zombie virus so he could better understand it to work on the cure. And Liu Chen was like “OMG, doing it with a zombie, I don’t have such hobbies okay!!”

:blobxd::blobrofl:

And, and, and

LC insinuated that ZQ couldn’t get hard cause the zombie virus would lower the body temperature drastically. ZQ got so worked up ahahahaha.

And then he grabbed LC claiming he was his ‘trophy/spoil of war’ and was gonna run off with him but is stopped by two of the MLs. He’s about to fight them when LC threatens to take off all his clothes if he doesn’t stop right NOW. ZQ is all “Nooooo, only I can see your body. Don’t be angry!”

Then LC whacks ZQ on the head.

LC: So I’m your trophy, huh?
    ZQ: No, I’m your trophy.
    LC: Still going to fight?
    ZQ: Not fighting anymore

:blobrofl::blobrofl:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 10 others like this.
  6. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Others might have other ways to read MTL, but mine is by immersing myself into the story through rationalizing and recomposing the Machine language. Every word plays a part, so the scenes play out like it's happening in front of me.

That scene in the spoiler. I felt every word the MC said as he described it :sick:

wildthorn, Ryss and Poor_Hero like this.
  7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I think some people who drank the protag’s spring water became zombie as well

Ryss and Poor_Hero like this.
  8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot what happened but iirc it has addictive effects and altered the personalities of those who drank it.

Alniyat, Poor_Hero and Ryss like this.
  9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, is that why there are so many MLs around protag? Iirc, the protag found out about it and doesn’t drink the spring water anymore?

Ryss likes this.
  10. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh I just got to that part... LC was thinking protag actually has no such thing as a spiritual spring or spiritual field, instead he has the concentrated fluid from the rotting corpses and a cemetary maintained with bodies....

And yes, he feeds this fluid to the people around him (great guy, really). Btw, protag...

Was bitten by a zombie in the past and exhibited the symptoms, i.e. fever. Some of the MLs after drinking the water once, disliked the taste and refused to drink any more. However, protag was angry and said the water is clear and sweet. Furthermore, after he got his ‘spiritual field’, he never ate food that wasn’t grown in it again.

I will also mention that ZQ also hates the smell and taste of normal food ever since he was infected by the zombie virus....

Make your own conjectures :p

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Alniyat, Xi-hime, Zhen_Qing and 11 others like this.
  11. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if might be the event related to the spring water from the space of w!protagonist
    the source of the water are dead zombies some w!ml & others guys drink it without knowing so its a bit disgusting
    Edit lol nevermind they already answered you :blobjoy::blobsweat:

Alniyat, Xi-hime, Renn Kazma and 4 others like this.
  12. Ryss

Reading List:
    Link
    Concentrated fluids of rotten corpses... yep, you guys r right- its utterly disgusting =_=

Alniyat and Heungbo like this.
  13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    :sick::sick::sick:

Ryss likes this.
  14. hikaharu

hikaharu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i spoil the ending of the zombie arc?
    in the end, the protag was killed by one of the ML(? Orz i don't know how to refer to protag's suppose ml) that deeply in love with him . The poor poor man. He also end up killing himself after killing the protag. After the protag is killed, the contiminated virus from his spring was spread... Luckily, MC and the others already thought ahead and lock the protag in a sealed room. So, the virus doesn't spread out outside the room. Theworld is finally saved and the zombie apocalypse end with MC's ML vaccine~
    The next arc is pretty interesting too~! The protag got 5 flag this time! XD Why does the number increases by arc? The protag is too strong xD

Alniyat, Xi-hime, Zhen_Qing and 11 others like this.
  15. Ryss

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz the protagonist is like a crab
    always having the legs wide open
    :blobokhand:

16. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha yes.... it was Qiu Xiangyu. I thought it was rather sweet actually, how despite knowing everything his love for protag never wavered. Just that for the sake of humanity, he chose to suicide together with protag.

One thing though, if that would have counted as successfully removing the flags (death of ML and protag), Ye Zhizhou could simply go about killing all the protags...:blobReach:

17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    won’t that collapsed the world or somethIng? But now that protag is dead......

18. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, but when ML did it, it was fine? *scratches head* Don’t see much diff between a cannonfodder killing protag or ML...

19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Because ML is a person of that world and MC is an outsider?

mmem likes this.
  20. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I guess that works. I think I remember another novel having that explanation. Thanks!