Discussion There Will Come a Day When You'll Like Me

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Apaylia blackrose, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SUMMARY
    At age 3, she knew who she wanted to marry. At age 10, she gave away her first kiss. At age 20, she became his personal bodyguard. For her childhood best friend to still run away after all this, what was the point of her learning marital art all these years? The saddest thing to come out of all this was the fact that she was the one feeling burdened all this time…
    Five years later.
    “Mommy! How come I am so cute but I do not have a daddy?”
    “How should I know? Go ask your daddy!”
    Xia Yuxun watched the newly married couple through the TV screen and answered without looking back.
    Half an hour later, at the live wedding that was being broadcasted, a crying child was grabbing onto the groom’s leg and screaming “daddy”. The man stared at the miniature version of himself and asked, “Where’s your mommy?”
    Xia Yuxun, who was watching this live show gulped, “You brat, you are digging your mom a hole!

Novel link
    https://m.webnovel.com/amp/book/16465718005034505

aesthetic.chibi and Nao Otosaka like this.
  2. Nao Otosaka

Nao Otosaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just here right now waiting for someone to spoil this~~

3. aesthetic.chibi

aesthetic.chibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting~plz give some spoilers

4. aesthetic.chibi

aesthetic.chibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my word. I read all I could in Webnovel without paying inkstones. . . .that's some determination.
    Also, Sichen is a freaking scumbag. Also, don't cricticize my spoiler, I know I suck at structuring my long passages and essays.
    Basically, Xia Yuxun is the MC. She's a super strong martial arts fighter as her dad runs a dojo. ( I think) She's loved her childhood friend, Leng Shichen for 20 yrs. Shichen is feared by a lot of people and is the CEO. He has a younger brother named Leng Shiche. (confusing right) Shiche was sickly so he went abroad to the US for years. He secretly loves our MC. He can't stand the way his brother treats the MC. He wants her to get over him, but he doesn't want her to get hurt. Another character pops up quite early named Ou Mingxuan. He's her senior brother. Apparently, he travels everywhere for work, but our MC doesn't know this. She thinks he's a poor guy who likes to travel for fun. In reality, he's not he's actually super rich, but he can't get this fact through her head. He comes to like the MC when he sees her dressed differently and totally drunk. He takes her to a hotel, and sees her drunk self and realizes she's cute. Later on, he manipulates her by making her get away from Shichen for a week by saying how she needs to distance herself to make him miss her. In truth, he just wants to make her get over Shichen. Another major character is Shichen's fiancee Bai Qiannan. She's super possessive of Shichen and doesn't like Xia Yuxun. Even if she doesn't like her, she doesn't really view her as a threat as Xia Yuxun is an airhead who doesn't understand how to properly pursue a guy. Our MC wears these black framed glasses with her hair pulled back all the time. Most see her as a guy due to the way she dresses and her fighting skills. In reality, she's actually super cute and pretty, but she spoils it with the way she dresses. I think there's some childhood trauma regarding her glasses tho. She can't part from them. In one scene, Shichen had taken off her glasses cause she was drunk. When she woke up, she started crying and begging for her glasses. Shichen doesn't know why. The reason why she loves Shichen is b/c he 'saved' her from her darkest moment. I think in the passage it alludes to her having trauma from losing her mother. (Idk if she's dead or just left) Shichen I guess was the one who pulled her out of this and helped her a lot. Shichen is a perfectionist and can't stand not being in control. That's why when he feels soft toward our MC, he doesn't like it and finds it annoying. That's why he rather have Bai Qiannan who is essentially "perfect" and he can control himself. (aiyo what a recipe for disaster)