LCD Thereafter of an Exiled Magician ~ etc, etc, etc.

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Mar 22, 2022.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Thereafter of an Exiled Magician ~Somehow My Engagement Was Cancelled, and I Was Driven Out, so I Will Stop Living the Tough Aristocrat Life, and Live Leisurely in a Distant, Foreign, Developing Village~

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...surely-in-a-distant-foreign-developing-villa/

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's one of those super long named Japanese novels. This isn't an isekai, though. The MC is a native in this fantasy world.

*(Correction: it is revealed in ch-58 that the MC is a reincarnator.)*

The basic premise of the story is an MC who is secretly OP. He's shunned and derided while obliged to work like an indentured servant defending the kingdom's frontier from monster incursions essentially on his own. Nobody understands his OP-ness and necessity because he does his work efficiently, quickly, and doesn't show off. Following the trope, he's kicked out of his job because everybody thought he was weak and his job was unnecessary. In addition, because of his lost status, his absentee father also kicks him out of the family.

This whole initial, establishing arc demonstrating how much of a pushover the MC is was really just too stupid to endure! I recommend that you just speed read through until the MC arrives at the destitute village of girls. Yeah, it's the harem.

Once he moves in with the girls and begins teaching them magic, the novel settles into being slice of life and the story isn't bad. It seems he's having the girls take on the usual individual roles of an adventuring group. He's teaching them "the way magic really works" as opposed the the general understanding of magic, so we can expect the girls to be also OP relatively soon.

The translations is good and the release rate is fairly consistent. The chapters are short, though.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-58:
    So he got "attacked" by the decapitated head? While, I assume, it was falling?

3. phoenix107

phoenix107 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems pretty cliche harem

4. NyanTL

NyanTL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think I made it clear enough, but it got attacked by the body which still had another brain/core in it. I changed fangs to claws, but let me know if any other part is unclear.